Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #201
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I changed a few things in my last post - should be kosher now

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #202
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Right, I'm in then. I tried to make a character who would provide a bit of challange for the Nazguls, after all, what's a story without a bit of conflict?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #203
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
Right, I'm in then. I tried to make a character who would provide a bit of challange for the Nazguls, after all, what's a story without a bit of conflict?
I have just read your INFO, WO, and, I am afraid, that won't do.

A person born in Tirion before the First Age is a Calaquendi Elf.

I am sorry, but the appearance in Tharbad of a Calaquendi elf, "Who have great power both in Seen and the Unseen" conflicts with the Nazgul concept of this RPG.

Please look at the Nazgul concept #4 Info thread.
Quote:
We assume that mortals and most elves could be easily fooled by a visible Nazgul. To remain undetected, the main idea was to avoid wizards, Calaquendi (Valinorean) Elves and the wielders of the Three, as they could see the nazgul’s fea in the spirit world and so recognize him for what he was.
I really can't see how we can have a Calaquendi elf in Tharbad. It just doesn't fit.

May I ask you to make yourself a daughter of kinslayers, born already in ME?

Please, believe me, I am not trying to restrict your choice of character because I dislike elves or something. But nazgul and Calaquendi elves are not compatible!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #204
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if the seen/unseen thing applied to all calaquendi or just to the re-born and the high profile nobles.

I'll go ahead and change it, thanks for pointing out that error.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #205
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*puur* Well...I'm on ice for a bit, and am about to head out of the house...blarghy...going to go out and ride. Screw the doctors, if they say I cant ride, I might as well be dead.

Val, what did you have in mind for Marty?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #206
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Willow Oran, I am MOST grateful.

You seem to be both nice and reasonable. I am looking forward to RPG-ing with you. Hope you will forgive me for making you change your character bio.

I liked your post, by the way, only I don't think the Chancellor has appeared yet before the guests. Now the guests are assembled in the Entrance Hall and, yes, quite likely provided with drinks.

Both the Chancellor and Aiwendis wait for the King to arrive in the empty Reception Hall. When Val finally arrives, the door to the Reception Hall will be opened, and the King will enter first to be greeted by the Chancellor.

Now you see milling before you Professors Maethor, Galadannun and Bumbledore as well as the highest officials of Tharbad.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #207
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Revision for the sake of the story is always a pleasure.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #208
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Sorry 2 disappoint U, BB, but I'm back!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #209
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Disappoint? You joking!
I nearly cried yesterday when I saw you banned. And was angry at you too, Lotesse. Don't you do that again PLEASE! You are MOST NEEDED here!
I am SO HAPPY you are back!!!

And again you posted a wonderful bit, introducing a faithful orc. He must be in love with Viv, poor wretch!
Old 10-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #210
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thank you, Gordis! I didn't think anyone really cared, except Shah, but I guess I should have known better than to tweak the tail of SGH, who I fear doen't really like me that much. T'was my own fault, but ONLY I CAN SAY THAT you guys, so BB, try not & be supercilious about it, o.k.? Of course i did not use "F" words, I am not a total idiot. I just tempted fate, by continuing to voice my opinion in a stupid thread, and well anyway, I'll try not to do that again. MootJail SUX.

Glad U like the orc-bit, Gordis! Yeah, the poor old guy is kind of a dolt-head orc-thug, like those thugs one sees in the Mafioso movies that are oh-so-loyal but have porridge for brains. Kinda like that, and yeah, he has a crush on Viv, and Viv knows that, which is one of the reasons why she's "gentle" with the poor guy. Anyway...

Crazy Squirrel!!!! Where have U been, I miss you girl!! And Shah - You KNOW I'd never desert you, silly goose! Sometimes my real-life mischievous nature can get me in a little hot water with admin-types, you see. I won't let it happen again! Or at least, I'll try not to.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #211
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Hi Lotesse!
Welcome back!
What do you think of my GoP list?

I'll have to find a way integrating The Guild of Predator Characters in the RPG and that won't be easy.

Anyone around who wants to adopt a character as a companion?
Old 10-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #212
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Ciao, Grey Wolf, and yes, I LOVE that list!! I was thinking about it, when I read it, and thinking what a great idea it was of yours to have the order of animals like that. It's right up MY alley; you know how much I love animals. There's a lot you could do with them, too. The possibilities are endless. Don't wolves have a lot of ties with the dark side beings of middle-earth? I think it's fantastic, and I can't wait to see what you do with the animals!

I wouldn't mind a few wolf friends for us Nazgul, you know - Lilly and Pen could use some wolf buddies, too. I do so love wolves. So does Viv!

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-08-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #213
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Yes, and since I've just listed the leaders, any help in coming up of the underlings would be most appreciated.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #214
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Sorry 2 disappoint U, BB, but I'm back!

what the hell does that mean?

which part of rallying the unholy alliance and starting a war on YOUR behalf if necessary did you not understand?

BB:
Quote:
Can only in fairness be a 24 hr job though ... and much as i like lotesse: when she comes back we ALL need to ask her politely to not tempt fate so much .... actually asking to be banned and calling the mod who seemed to have been fair (i know not what the erasing thing was about ... can only guess F-words???) a "dictator" are asking for trouble

Lotesse; please come back and try and be cool when you do! : we don't want to lose you:
Lotesse: i was tired, confused and just wondering what the hell was up: i haven't a clue what was going on in that thread, so i guessed alright???? Shah said something about bits being erased???? normally that means an "f" word or something????

How the hell can you take offence at my a) being upset you ahve been banned & B) wanting you back?????????????

BB:
Quote:
night all - and best thoughts to Lotesse: *sends mellow thoughts and marsh-mellows with chocolate dip*
BB:
Quote:
... and then let loose the unholy alliance!

*ghostly horns sound in multitude ... as if it was an echo in deep caves far away ...a great host gathered ...*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
What the ****!? They had better not have banned Lotesse! NOOO!

BB:
Quote:
my thoughts exactly! ...though i do not know .... just wondering about her new title??? ... and the fact she is so quiet ... is she moving house?
BB:
Quote:
Lotesse; please come back and try and be cool when you do! : we don't want to lose you: nor Shah either

Shah: i kinda feel the same, but please sleep on it, as i shall.

The moot would be a lesser place without the fiery, funny and friendly Lotesse.

Now: i am VERY confused: how can you take offence at that?

yours very confused and upset, BB
Old 10-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #215
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Woah, there, li'l fella! *lol* One chill pill, comin' up... I was just playin' BB, you of all us mooters oughta know THAT by now! I like you, too, you big enormous silly goose! I love your new professor, too, BTW; I hope Viv can take one of his classes. But I personally feel you might want to give him his eye back, like Gordis was saying. Make them sparkly, intelligent, slightly mischievous/fun loving young eyes, in an old man's face. I rather picture Bumbledore like an eccentric Einstein type, you know?

Hey - when do we get to see the Beautiful Boomerang, again? Maybe the butterfly witnessed what went down by the pier tonight, with Viv & Ray...

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-08-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #216
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Woah, there, li'l fella! *lol* One chill pill, comin' up...
"Li'l fella" ????????

what's that an insult?
since i am not a little fella and have never been called one before ... i can but guess it is meant as one.

either way it is hardly an endearing phrase...

EDIT: oh, i see you have added to that above now.... well, it's a very very funny way to be 'playing' .... upsetting people who have been angry and upset you have been banned, and were willing to fight for you.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-08-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #217
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Did you like my last story post, BB?

Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #218
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
"Li'l fella" ????????

what's that an insult?
since i am not a little fella and have never been called one before ... i can but guess it is meant as one.
It is NOT an insult by any means, it's an endearment, the way she's using it, over on this side on the pond. It was like when I called you "Beery" as an affectionate nick-name, and you got hurt because apparently it is an insult on YOUR side of the pond, and I had NO idea it was an insult - I meant it as an affectionate nick-name! She's doing the same thing

She missed my posts, too, since she said, "I didn't think anyone really cared, except Shah" - didn't you see the special table I prepared for you at the cafe, Lotesse and how I was asking you pretty please to stay?

I'm SO glad you're back, and everyone is ready to go now! Can't wait for the reception!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:03 PM   #219
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Rian!! No, I've been so friggin' busy the last couple days, trying to move, man oh man it's a lot of work, and my boyfriend's always busy at work so he can't help me. I WAS just joshing, BB, really! Methinks you may be just a tad too sensitive, silly goose. Rian, I loved your post, getting ready 4 the reception, rpg-Rian & rpg-Earniel are SO girly, it's sweet. But I fear the mirror would have to go, unless - have you already changed that? Lilly will hit the ROOF if she finds mirrors in Orrodel!

anyway, gotta go pack some more. *groan, groan*

Old 10-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #220
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Oh! I forgot to welcome Willow Oran - I really like your writing, Willow! There's I guess some continuity problems with being a Calaquendi Elf, though, I see, like Gordis mentioned. But I personally like the addition of a female teacher at the University, and she's teaching jewelry-making, too! Viv will be in her class.

Closed Thread