Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2003, 07:10 AM   #201
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I like the way things are going... Have no time to post now though :P must flee! Can't wait till I (Glimdrell) am in Néred
Old 01-03-2003, 12:35 PM   #202
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
ooc: By the way I can't find Nered on my map. Or at least in Enedwaith.
It isn't on the map; I made it up .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #203
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

OH that makes since now.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:47 PM   #204
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Hey, looks like everyones figuring this out quite easily, lol yes well where is this "quest" going to head again i've forgotten, maybe i should pay more attention. Well i'd like to know almost the exact path i have an i idea but i'm not sure if it'll work or not so if someone could please post or pm me on where this is going and what towns everyones going through. OH and how much longer will it be till everyone else except probably me and 1 or 2 other characters meet up? i was thinking about starting my character soon.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 01:12 AM   #205
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The characters are going to meet up, discover that a sorcerer is really in control of Enedwaith, and then they will travel to the Barrow Downs to retrieve the Hytorax, a magical item that they need to use to break the sorcerer's spell.

That's the basic plot that has been decided on which has yet to be accomplished; most of what's been going on so far has been characters meeting up and connecting. They still are doing so.

We're working out ways to continue linking people together, and it's working out fine. Glistenfae probably should meet with our characters after they leave the city- from her description, she doesn't seem like the sort of person to just leap into the adventure in the middle of a climax sequence. Things could get a little hairy in Néred, and after they leave the city would probably be a good time for her to join in.

The hobbits will certainly meet our characters inside the city though- things are going well with them. Everyone who is playing the hobbits is keeping up very well in posting .
Old 01-04-2003, 03:13 AM   #206
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*sigh* A year or more have I RPGed... And now I have no time!

sorry. Just dropping by to say that... Well... I have a lot of RPGing to do so I might not be overly prompt for a little while.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 01:32 PM   #207
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Baggins
Okay I was definately not sure about time how far behind are we and I think I will take you up on the job offer for this temperary character of mine, I would post more stuff in the story but I don't know what to post.
How far behind in time the hobbit thread is isn't really the issue. The issue is getting them linked up with Hruad in a small amount of posts. In your next post, you could have a small conversation in the house, perhaps, and then Bril decides to show them his friends at court. He introduces them to Hruad. Then I send one post in which Hruad asks them if they want to join his adventure, and you respond and accept. I'll have Hruad put it in such a way that would make it logical for them to accept.

So that breaks it down to three posts. Yours, which ends with them meeting Hruad, then mine, in which Hruad makes the proposal, and then yours again, in which they accept.

That should resolve the time differences, and after those three posts we will be back on track, in the right time.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:16 PM   #208
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Yes Yes that was my main plan meeting up outside a city u didn't really answer my earlier question though. I asked what cities u were going to have to go through to get to the barrow downs! lol sorry i can't seem to find my map so i'm using the one in my head and everythings like scattered hard to tell where everyone is! lol. Enedwaith where is that again? is that the one u made up or is that another actual town or city that i'm actuallly going to have to FIND my map. stupid thing where did i put it! damn thing! lol oh and where are we going after we get the hytorax? i know i know there's probably quite a few mad at me cause i can't remember anything about this well SORRY! well i'm gunna shut up for now.
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #209
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I did a quick search, there's a map here .

Enedwaith is on it, under the barrowdowns. Néred, the city where most of us are now is not since it's made up. I expect it'll be lying somewhere in the middle of Enedwaith or so. So far I don't see any cities lying between Enedwaith and the barrowdowns so I don't know whether we'll be actually going through some. Bree is the only option i see though it's further than the barrowdowns themselves. Does this help?
Old 01-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #210
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

After we get the Hytorax, the plan is that we travel back to Néred so that we can release King Vahatres from its spell. On the road there, we might make up and enter cities or towns, and we might not. That is entirely dependant upon what's best for the game at that time. If you want a city or town, we can have one, and you can make up what it's like. I don't have any plans as far as that goes.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:00 PM   #211
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

No no no i was just wondering cause well glistenfae lives in the forests and that and well i was seeing if u were passing through one of what i call HER forests, which ur not so i'll make up a forest somewhere and i'll meet u outside of it
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-04-2003, 07:12 PM   #212
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Sounds fine .
Old 01-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #213
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

FINE ME MAKE OWN FOREST! hahhaha fun! hahahhah uh hahaahhahahha woah i gone pyscho! hehehhehe. hmmm now to figure out whats going on in the hytrox thread lalallalalalala. aww man it's long! ****! ah well i skip it all heheheheehheheheh ok i shut up now! hehehhhwhehehhehehe
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-04-2003, 08:44 PM   #214
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I have gotten the hobbits to the parade and can say that they let us join because they think wierd.)
Old 01-05-2003, 02:23 AM   #215
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Whooo! (Flexes his fingers for a moment) That was a lot of posting for one night. Well, I think I have said everything I intended to say though, for now. I'll be interested in reading the new responses .

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-05-2003 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:44 PM   #216
Earniel

I thought about posting it here so I wouldn't fill the Hytorax thread with OOCs Sicirus, I'm pretty sure that your character was meant to be already with the group of Elise, Asaar and Co. Every one who was at that meeting earlier with Hruad -which I believe included you- left the city at night, stole some horses and left for the Barrowdowns. Your group just arrived at the forest of Dwinei where Glistenfae is holding Adrian 'hostage' right now.

Imarwyn only found out about the missing horse in the morning after and went in pursuit with Athalt, Glimdrell and a company of soldiers.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:03 PM   #217
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I'm not sure what to do now. I sent a PM to Ms. Undomial asking if she was still in this RPG, and she responded that she is, but she still hasn't made an entrance in the thread. I talked to her again, but it seems to have been all to no avail. Should I talk to Ms. Undomial a third time, or try a "re-entry" somewhere?
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #218
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

You know what, I think you probably should try a reentry. Ms. Undomial can join in when she pleases in the way she pleases, but so far she's not making any move, and you should be able to play if you want to, without having to wait on her or the other elves.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 AM   #219
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

At least for a while, I'm not sure how long, I will not be able to post in the Hytorax RPG. I'll still be able to keep up with things in the discussion thread though, somewhat. Sorry about this.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:53 AM   #220
Earniel

Siricus, it will be difficult to follow Imarwyn now since in Tessar latest post you're again in the first group and Imarwyn is in the following group. I think it's best for the flow of the story if you deleted that one post. Or if you don't want to delete it you can change it perhaps to how your group left the city at night and stole the horses. But that's just a suggestion, I leave the decision to you.

A demanding real life, Lief? Too bad, I hope you join us again quickly!