Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #201
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Dunno. I'll think of something. If I can't, I guess it'll be over... but I'll probably think of something.

Ooc: Legoles has gone on vacation. No one talk to her.

(We should start calling her pudgy all the time just to make her mad)
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:30 PM   #202
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Arwen Undomiel

If you do that, I'll wring your neck next year! I'm here until eleven, and if you call me pudgy one more time..... I'll scream
Kalile, while I am on vacation, will you please a least include me in the background?

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #203
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: PUDGY!! (you asked for it!)
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:42 PM   #204
Kalile

Quote:
I'll wring your neck next year
I'm going to high school, stupid!

Anyway,

Ooc: The feel of spray was lovely in Kalile's face, and to feel the wind tugging at her hair... It was so wonderful that she didn't even notice the ship on the horizon until it was fairly close. It didn't seem to be of elvish make, rather a human pirating ship. Kalile quickly alerted the others and stood in the prow. They turned sideways to the ship so that they could slice the other if need be, and waited. Kalile noticed that standing in the prow when you're side is to an oncoming ship is rather stupid, so climbed up onto the lookout platform instead. The fact that the lookout platform was so much higher than the other ships didn't bother her, but Imhuriel quickly climbed back down.
"This will be just like before the Mist!" Kalile thought happily, and readied an arrow.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #205
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Eh?

I watched as the ship neared us. It looked to be of human make. I notched the first arrow on the steel bow and lit it a fire. their main sheet was engulfed in flames before they reached us.

"Get their sheets so they cant get to us and board us!" In the next few minutes the sky was full of arrows. We did not get all their sheets on time and they were close nough for hand to hand.
While fighting, my worst fear came to pass.

"Aaaahhh! I'm hit"
Old 06-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #206
Kalile

At the cry, Kalile looked up from where she was shooting her arrows down onto the deck. There stood an elf who had just climbed up the ladder. "You're going back to Lorien!" he cried and lunged at Kalile, grabbing her around the waist. She overbalanced and fell off of the lookout, grabbing ahold of the rim. The elf fell too, grabbing a trailing rope from what was left of the other ship's rigging, then swung the distance over. He yanked Kalile up by her hair, and cracked her over the head. Kalile's last thoughts before she passed out were:how stupid of him! Doesn't he know he could kill someone like that? and what's an elf who's looking for me doing in a pirate ship?

Down below, the humans' superior numbers were beginning to tell. Imhuriel was down from numerous cuts, and the pirates fought with desperation, as the elven ship's "wings" were rapidly sinking the other ship.

Ooc: Opan, if you're reading this, now's a great time to enter

Last edited by Kalile : 06-06-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:12 AM   #207
Opan
Enting

ooc:
I've got a great idea to join in at this point......ya think it would be okay..
I'll post it and see what u think.

Name: Anuka
Race: of men
Anuka studied witch lore since childhood her parent known well through out middle eart but passed away during wars long passed. She travels to leran more of the world helping on her way

OOC - Are u actually on the ship...or close to the shore.....my idea was to help kalile..with my witch sources
Opan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #208
Kalile

Ooc: We're on the ship, a fair ways from land, but read this

Ic: Imharwen looked out over the ocean, and blinked through pain. There was another boat out there, whether friend or foe she couldn't tell.

"Seth! Look out! Another boat!" Seth was flagging now against so many, and Imhuriel prepared to fight once more.

Ooc: Cool character! We need more humans; most of us seem to be elves. Anyway, this one is a pretty large rpg, but new players are always welcome.

(It's a real novelty to have one of the rpgs with a lotta posts. Hee hee. I feel important.)
Old 06-07-2003, 02:58 PM   #209
Opan
Enting

OOC...Thanx for the lead,,,,

IC : Anuka walked the breadth of her small holding ship....it was a long while since she'd set out on her journey for more wisdom.
She looked to the sun which stung her eyes. She felt somthing in the air.
She smiled and walked to the edge of the boat....it was getting old, she needed new transport. Looking around in the distance she saw a small shape nearing her.
i must signal i am of good nature, in this age warnings are always needed. she thought.
Anuka swiftly moved towards her mast and bulleted a flag witch showed that she was in good nature.
was she hoping that this was a new chapter that she longed for....or was it instinct
never the less Anuka walked slowly over to the port side and looked hard for a signal back.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:04 PM   #210
Kalile

Imharwen managed to reflect light off of her sword in such a manner as to signal that they were in distress, and dire need of help. The other ship had finally sunk beneath the waves, and the pirates had taken control. As yet, no one had been killed, (except for a lot of the pirates) but that looked to change soon. Seth was being kept in the captain's cabin, but he was working at breaking down the door, and the pirates were too afraid to touch him. They were willing to kill him with a bow, however, and this was sounding better and better every time Seth's body hit the door.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #211
Opan
Enting

Anuka fell into autopilot as soon as she saw the signal fromt he other ship, she had always been a one for helping others without a second thought and this time there was nothing that was different. She moved the mast in the direction of the near by boat and moved swiftly towards it............

........ She was getting very close and she was now beginning to scan the deck of the other ship. pirates she thought to herself. She quickly devised a plan to board the boat, she could she that there were more evil than good at work on the ship and they were rearing into a difficult situation. The mass of pirates had not yet noticed the small boat that was approaching as it hardly even came half way uo the one they were on. Anuka desided to take them from behind....she was to board at the stern and attack from there weak point. She slowly moved the boat to a poitn were she could reach a ledge...she took only herself, she had everything that she needed....
As she struggled up the stern she heard the clash of metal..a fight ...she had to move quickly.

When she reached the top she slid herself ontot he deck and kept low.... she could just see through the barrels that were infront of her...... Anuka closed her eyes and began a spell.....
bye the powers that be I invoke thee, I invoke Thee........ Lesseto omneliveto ..she chanted over and over..
A shaft of light raised from her pendnat and across to the fighting deck....she flug open her eyes and trust her plam in its path to direct is at the evil on the deck........

The light crashed into three of the pirates sendignt hem to the deck.....Anuka stood up immediately and shouted across
''I will not hold them...it can only buy you time''
Old 06-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #212
Kalile

Kalile awoke just in time to see the newcomer blast the pirates. As she talked, several things happened at once. Kalile threw herself onto the three pirates with tooth and claw. They panicked, making much confusion. Coincidentally, Imhuriel chose that moment to try and help Kalile, grabbed a sword, and lunged at the elf. He backed up against a wooden door and fumbled for the handle. Unfortunatly for him, that was the door that held Seth. The elf opened the door just as the easterling flung himself against it. There was a lot of confusion and dust, and Seth stumbling and knocking into people, and Kalile beating everyone within reach.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:51 PM   #213
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Confusion!

I had just burst through the door and on to a very confused pirate, I knocked him aside. I grabbed my weapons and headed for the upper deck after cleaning out the lower holds. I stumbled on deck and found my little band of friends were greatly beaten down. It seemed only a matter of minutes till the archers would take them down.

Kalile was flailing around indiscriminently and Imhuriel was limping around helping where ever she could. Ranwen and Rowena were slumped in a corner and a new girl was fighting besides them. All of a sudden, an elven arrow came up and peirced Kalile, the elf who shot it was coming to claim his prize. He batted away the new woman and Imhuriel and was about to drag Kalile into a small boat next to ours, knowing that with Kalile hostage we could neither shoot nor ram it.

Thats when i snapped.

"GIVE ME BACK MY ELF!"

I lunged without any weapons through a crowd of remaining pirates snapping them like twigs. Finally a got to the elf and to Kalile. He slashed my quiet a few times till i finally grabbed his dagger and rammed it back into his gut and flung him into the hold, still alive. I cradled Kalile and put her safely to the side along with the other damaged members of my small crew.

That done, i got the new girl to help me comit the bodies to the sea. After we took care of our wounded and rest for a while enabling Kalile, Imhuriel and the others to get sleep and allowing me too get myself bandaged up and able to talk to the newbie till they woke up.

OOC: No, Aralyn and Amaranthea are not dead. Just knocked out. And I saved the elf to use as a plot device. Do with him as you will.

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-07-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:51 AM   #214
Opan
Enting

It took a quite a while to put what was wrong right on that ship. Anuka used much of her knowledge of medachine to help the wounded with such few resources. She tended them throught he night whist explaining herself to
occ: last sane person - - is that Seth.

I.C ..To Seth.
She spoke to him for many an hour about her journey to the ship and before. They exchanged stories under the stars whilst looking after the friends that she had just made.
"what was that all about" Anuka asked.
''Where are you going.." she persisted
"please tell me your story" She added with a soft touch on Seths arm
Old 06-08-2003, 09:54 PM   #215
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Yes, I am Seth.

The new woman's name was Anuka. While taking care of our friends she and I had a while to talk. She apperantly had traveled a great deal and also had many adventures. I had shared with her a few of mine. Thus the night was spent resting ans talking while gazing at the stars. Occasionally one of my friends would stir.

For some reason i kept finding my eyes straying over to Kalile's bandaged right side. She was very lucky, two inches further to the left and her life would have quickley been over. I cast another glance at her sleeping form, not hearing Anuka's question. only when she touched me did i come back to earth.

"Tell me your story" she was quite persistant.

"Why mine? It is no great tale." I wasnt quite ready to reveal my dangerous and often deadly past.

"I want to know. Do you think that afte risking life and limb for you and your freinds that i would betray you?" Even though it was dark, i could see the smile on her face. she continued "And i do believe you play me false by saying your life is no great tale! People do not get such prowess with weapons tilling the field or such scars herding cattle" This time the smile was in her voice to.

I could not help but smile.

"You're right. Yet with as much battle experience as i have i cannot help but be careful with people. I have help the west many times. At helms deep I was there, after i defected and destroyed a part of the army of isengard that was marching there. I have been fighting all my life, for every breath. It seems to be my destiny. Even when i put down my blade and try to settle down, i am forced to pick it up again." I noticed a look on Anuka's face. I continued on with a smile.

"Yes, I know what your thinking. 'you had a family?' And to answer you, yes i did have a family. A wife and two children. During the War, my wife died trying to safeguard our son and daughter from the threat of Mordor. They are safe and grown now, but she died and i was taken by the forces of the witch king to serve in his army. yet even before then, I was a trained warrior."

Anuka was astonished. "Where are your children now? Who else knows of your past?"

"My children are back with their mothers kin. Unfortuntley they have taken after me and have turned out to be fine warriors. I have a feeling that i shall meet up with them soon, I believe they were coming to find me when i started this journey. As for who knows of my past.... You do as does a few friends i made during the War who are back in Rohan."

Kalile stirred and woke up after I had finished talking.

OOC: I think it is time to reveal my full extent . In the "Helms Deep" rpg I had fully mapped myself out. I think it is time to do that here, just for a plot twist.

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-09-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #216
Kalile

"Ooh," Kalile groaned, not sure if the voices she heard were part of her dream,"what the hell happened?"
The last thing she remembered was biting that one pirate when her hands were busy...
Kalile was suddenly sick over the side of the boat. "Ew!"

"Seth?"
"Yes?"
"Do you really have a family, or did I just dream that?"
"I do have a family."
"Thank you."

Ooc: I hope people come back from vacation soon!!!!! They have a lot to catch up on!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:19 PM   #217
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Yeah! They better get their rears back here quick!

" 'Thank you' for what Kalile?" I was relieved to see her back up and about. She gave me one hell of a scare. I realized something, I had said 'give me back my elf' without realizing it. I as hopeing that no one noticed it.

Kalile shruged and gave a weak smile at me and went back to looking at the stars. I joined her in the silence.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:00 AM   #218
Kalile

"Hi."
"Hi."
They sat in silence for a while, listening to the waves. Kalile was trying to forget that she had taught the man next to her how to wield western weapons, and who knew what Seth was thinking of. Finally, Kalile decided to talk.
"It's been one hell of an adventure, huh. I mean, we've come a long way from strangers just looking for treasure."

what did he mean by 'my elf' she wondered, then decided to forget it.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:38 PM   #219
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Kalile, Read the book of Zen. It's pretty cool

"Eh? Oh, yeah. I guess we have, but then again...we were never really strangers." I sighed and looked at her.

"True. Yet time has past and we may not be the same people we were before." She looked back at me.

"Well, yes. We may have more responsibilities than before, but our nature is almost unchanged." I had a nagging feeling in my gut.

"Whoa. I cant get over the fact that you have kids. How old are they?" Kalile shook her head and glanced at me with a look i could not place.

"My girl is 14 and my son is 12. I fear they are going to try to locate me on this quest."

"Then i hope they dont try to seek you out in Lothlorien!" This time she laughed and gave me a shove.

"What about that new girl? Who is she?"Kalile changed the subject. I looked away back at the stars.

"Well, why dont you come up and ask me?" Anuka had come from below deck to check on us. While they were talking I kept looking at the stars. While they were talking, i caught Kalile looking at me with the same look.

My elf, I smiled and then fell asleep.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:26 PM   #220
Kalile

Ooc: I guess this is where we first met up, and not in the "who wants to join my rpg," huh.

Ooh! I'll have to look in the library for it. My library is huge. I could live there.