FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2005, 01:48 AM   #201
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
you must have this one... i do
I have that one too

I collect feathers at the moment. I've been sewing them onto a sort of headdress thing.

This isn't really collecting, but I have an elaborate trade system of pens and pencils. I mean, a pen can circle the city and get back to me with the way I trade and steal.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #202
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
RISK awesome, too bad we don't live closer man, i can never find anyone who will play risk with me. do you have the SW risk?
Yeah, I do-it's awesome...
I also have both kinds of LOTR RISK...I bought the original version, and then the trilogy edition came out so of course I got that one too . The only kind of RISK I don't have is, I think, RISK 2210.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #203
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Oh yeah, a friend of mine has that 2210 version, it has nukes and the moon and stuff, i've never played it but it looks cool, a buddy also has SW risk but as of yet we have been unable to get enough people to play
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #204
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

collection

well i collect lotrs stuff horse figures....and books... thats all i can think of at the moment...but yea the books that i collect are adventure and fantasy

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #205
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Hm, I'm too cheap to really collect anything. As a kid I collected rocks at one point, and in high school I collected toilet paper rolls! My intention was to build things out of them, but it never really happened. But the collection continues to grow, under the bathroom sink, where my sisters contribute to it. One day we may do something useful with all those round pieces of cardboard!

I have a number of books, but since I usually get my books from the library it's pretty small. I'm starting a DVD collection, but it will likewise be very slow in growing.

Do dead batteries count as a collectible?

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #206
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor
Hm, I'm too cheap to really collect anything. As a kid I collected rocks at one point, and in high school I collected toilet paper rolls! My intention was to build things out of them, but it never really happened. But the collection continues to grow, under the bathroom sink, where my sisters contribute to it. One day we may do something useful with all those round pieces of cardboard!

I have a number of books, but since I usually get my books from the library it's pretty small. I'm starting a DVD collection, but it will likewise be very slow in growing.

Do dead batteries count as a collectible?
dead batteries i guess count as a collection...but interesting collection of toliet paper rolls Elanor!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:23 PM   #207
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I collect dust, when I sit glued to this computer screen for too long. I used to love collecting stuff. I was into stamp collecting, porcelain miniature figurine collecting, horse figurine collecting (I know, tres geeky but give me a break! I was a little girl!) and when I grew up I was into collecting watches for a while, and hats - ooo, I used to have the BOMB hat collection! My first boyfriend, a total psychopath, burned - yes, BURned my hat collection though, and took away all my watches and stuff like that. Plus, I used to have the most inSANE book collection; you guys would all love it! Man oh man, I miss my old book collection. Let's see: Nowadays, I collect tubes of oil paint - I love to find old tubes of oil paint at estate sales & garage sales, they're the BEST find. And paintbrushes, collect those. And Baccarat crystal, anything Baccarat. Mostly perfume bottles, stemware, a big bowl, and this amazing panther, and this little yellow parakeet, and a paperweight that is a tiny lead crystal heart. Baccarat's the bomb; it's the world's finest crystal.

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-29-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #208
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I collect shrunken heads and beer bottle caps. Just playin'! What do you guys collect? God I'm bored this afternoon... (tryna procrastinate working on my man's business plan, UGH it's a major job)
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:41 PM   #209
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I collect these delightful new states quarters that have different pictures on their backs.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote