Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-29-2003, 01:54 PM   #201
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
"Ah, Terin I see you've finnally arived. Welcome to my palace. I am King Galbatorix."

"And I am Terin. What is going on. Why have I been told all this about Brom and my companions? Surely if he or they wanted me dead they could have done it already."

"And risk angering that lovely creature behind you? No, he decided it would better to let you live than have that dragon after him. Speaking of which tell me about him he's an interesting color."

"Er...well his name is Camnete. He's that color because his egg froze before I found it. But you're changing the subject! Is it just Brom, or are the others in on it too?"

"Your avery astue little girl..."

"I'm not little!!!!!! I'm 16."

"Ofcourse I did not mean to offend. Now then as I was saying it's only Brom but he's been posoning the others mind against me. You must get Brom away from them and tell them the truth. Jerome and Snowdream will go with you."

"ALright but...but what if they don't believe me?"

"That's why my army is going to follow you and if they don't believe then we shall capture them, bring them here, and show them the truth. You must make sure that Brom does not come back to tthe group while you are talking to them or if my army must capture them, becasue if he does then all will be lost."
*Later that same day.*

"Honestly I thought we were done traveling for at lest a day, but NO!" Terin grumbled.

"I know what you mean." JErome said more than a little distracted. HE was begining to understand just what the king ws trying to do and he didn't like it.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:10 AM   #202
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Legoles
I will.
"There it is, Dras Leona. I really hate this place."
"Why?"
"Because my parents died here when I was barely able to read[the age of 3]. Angela, the herbalist, raised me after they were gone. She taught me a great amount about sword fighting, herds, and their uses and such. She also took me with her on her wild [mis] adventures"
"I am sorry," said Banuien levelly to Raven, gazing up at the city. "But do you suppose we would be welcome to share her abode – just for a while? Would you be comfortable?"

ooc: whoa, have not posted for so long

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 03:10 PM   #203
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon marvled at the huge mountain peak of Hellgrind. it was taler than nay mountain, or land formation he had seen before.
"What exactly is that?" he asked brom.
"Hellgrind is a sheer cliff that shadows Dras Leona. The people of the city worship it with horrid brutality. They offer blood sacrifices, and often thier preists are missing limbs, due to thier bloody worship the hellgrind." said brom grimly.
"Be descrete, say nothing of the mountain, or our journey. If you see the Ra'zac, come to me immediately.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #204
Fimbrethil

OOC:Ok I may make Brom go away after you guys posts a little more, please don't get made if I do.

Terin and Cream

<Well honestly Terin I thought we weren't going to come back here. What are we doing, anyway?> <We're goign to see if the others will me when I tell them the truth about Brom.> <Do you really thi8nk it's the the truth?> <Yes, I do. Everything the King said made sense and not much of what Brom said made sense. S owho am I supposed to beleive?> <You're own instincts and mine.>

Snowdream and Jerome

<Snowdream what am I going to do the King is wrong and I dont' want Terin to get hurt! But there's no way any of them can win!> <I don't know what to tell you, I geuss you should just trust your own instincts, and I'll let you know what mine pick up too.>

Old 01-02-2004, 07:06 PM   #205
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

sure, thats fine fim. teehee.
-pip

Old 01-02-2004, 10:54 PM   #206
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"I'll ride ahead and check." My horse shot off at top speed[which is purty impressive] and raced towards the gate. I stopped, was questioned by the gaurd, went in and found Angela's shop.
"Angela? Angela, are you here?"
"Yes I am, may I... Raven!!!! My dear, when did you get here?"
"Just a minite a go. I need to know if it is alright to have a few people stay here? They need a room, and they asked me to ask you."
"Sure. But how many are there exactly...?"[ow many are there???]
*tells her number*
"Oh, well that is manageable.
*Runs out side, finds everybody, tells them, done*

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:28 AM   #207
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ic: Banuien smiled and thanked Angela her hospitality; "But I will remain, for the while, outside the household; I might explore the village for signs of any Ra'zac – just that we may avoid them." She bowed and took her leave of Angela, hiding her face with her hood and slipping quietly into the streets.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 01-05-2004 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:52 PM   #208
Legoles

"I too must go Angela. Say hello to Sollembum for me?"
"If I see him, I shall."
"Thank you."

useless post...

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #209
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

teehee, I'm reading Eragon (again) and I just got to this part, so I think we should split up *wink*

ic: Everyone had left, and Eragon was about to do so, but Angela stopped him.
"What is your name?" she asked.
"Eragon." he replied, deciding to give her his real name, but he didnt know why. Angela nodded,
"Would you like me to read your future, Eragon?" she said, Eragon was surprised.
"Why?" he asked.
"You are special, I have only done that for 3 other people." she answered. Eragon looked at the crystal ball,
"No, that thing is just for show, I use bones." she said, pulling out a small paket of thin bones.
"I want you to read my future." he said as he sat down in front of her.
Angela's face became very serious as she mumbled something and threw the bones down. Her face became lined and solemn.
"This is a twisted fate, very hard to read." she said.
"I see infinity or long life." she said, pointing to two overlaying bones.
'Well, I already knew that.' thought eragon.
"You will have many choices, and many battles will be fought around you, or for you." she said. "That is very good, you will be one of few that will be able to make thier own choices." then her face grew sad.
"here, is the lighting bolt, it means you will have a death in your near furutre." she said.
Eragon's mind flew to his home, and his family.
"But this, this is more pleasent." she said, pointing to another bone, "This shows a wonderful romance, with a woman of very noble birth." she said.
'Noble birth? but I am nothing but a farmer's nephew.' he thought.
"The last bone, show a betrayal in your furture." she said.
"Roran wouldn't betray me!" he said standing up.
"I wouldn't know." she said. "Your future is a tangled web of choices, and torment, but I would give anything to see how it plays out." said the herbalist. Eragon nodded, "Thank you." he said, leaving the building.

whew, long post. okay, so angela was supposed to be in Teirm, but Dras-Leona works too, lol.

Old 01-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #210
Fimbrethil

OOC:Goody...next post you all must meet somewhere without alot of people around just you guys minus Brom. There you will meet me and Jerome. Plus his dragon. I don't care which person posts the meeting in the place where you guys all meet minus Brom but someone needs to do it.

Old 01-06-2004, 09:50 PM   #211
Legoles

I pop in now.

"Angela, Eragon? You here? Oh, Hello Sollembum."
<Hello mistress Raven>

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:58 AM   #212
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon wandered around the city, right in the middle was a very tall cathedral. He could only imagine the bloody religion of Dras-Leona, yet he entered. Tall glass windows let light filter in. It was an old and dusty place, but full of a wonerful air. He walked down the long ailse, bow in hand. Once he reached the altar, a low hiss came from behind. He spun around, only to see the Ra'zac standing in the doorway. He cursed himself and the dreadful cathedral he was trapped in. He nicked an arrow and shot, but the ra'zac didged it with inhuman speed. He saw a side door, so he bolted. He wouldn't even attempt magic, they were to strong. Before he swept through the door, he saw soldiers charging into the building. He ran out into a courtyard and climbed over thebrick wall, just managing to throw himself over. Then he ran as fast as possible back to Angela's house to warn the others.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #213
Fimbrethil

OOC:Gah! read my other post! Meet in a forest minus Brom!

Old 01-07-2004, 09:53 PM   #214
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
OOC: I'm almost caught up! Wait for meeee! :ushes Siuahn towards the others as she starts reading again:: Ayeee!

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:06 AM   #215
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc: oh I'll do it, will I

ic: Banuien walked to the borders of the city, staring across the plains that stretched half a kilometre out to the surrounding forest. Far away she perceived two small figure s standing beside a pair of dragons: one she didn't recognise, but the other she distinguished as Camnete, standing resolutely by Terin.

Banuien frowned. "Terin?" she muttered. The girl was facing the man beside her, speaking softly. "What are you doing…?" whispered the Elf disbelievingly. She strode out onto the hoarse grass on the edge of the village; it seemed to her that the moment she stepped onto the turf the man disappeared into the woods, but nonetheless she kept her path towards Terin and her dragon.

ooc: I'm tired and unimaginative at the moment; other people get themselves to the forest.

Akai, you just keep on trucking, ya lil trooper.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 01-08-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #216
Fimbrethil

OOC: Well since no one else is here I geuss it's just us two. Hehe! Hostial take over of the thread!!!!!!!!!!

IC:
"Banuien, what a pleasure. I was hoping to meet...everyone. Do you know where the others are?"

"Possibly on their way. Where were yo uand who was the man that was with you?"

"I will answer everything and then some when the others arrive."

"Well I can call Brom..."

"NO! I do not wish to see him...not yet. Let's wait for the others."

Old 01-08-2004, 10:36 PM   #217
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
OOC: Just going to pretend I know what the heck is going on... ::smiles and nods:: Earloth... Siuahn was following you... the reason she hasn't been mentioned though is... um... oh! Because she had a horrible case of laryngitis (sp?) and was kept to her bed for a while... yeah, that's it... lol...

Siuahn followed Banuien hestitantly, uncertain of what was going on. She hated being sick; it always kept her from being clued in.
At the sound of Terin's voice though, Siuahn's face brightened and some of the doubt was forced from her mind. It had been a long time since she had seen the girl, and she had grown worried for her.
Stepping out into the open, she made her way to where Terin and Banuien were talking.
"Terin! You're all right!" She called, the relief in her voice evident as she waved to her friends.

OOC: No idea what I'm dooooing! lol

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:12 AM   #218
Legoles

" Angela!! The R'zac have found us.. we must flee!!"
" Coming!" I ran and flew out hte door catching something thrown at me by Angela. Stuffing it in my pocket, we ran for the front gates, barely making it as they rattled closed

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-09-2004, 05:59 AM   #219
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ic: Banuien glared at Terin suspiciously. "I don't care if you have to explain your whereabouts for the past days to a thousand people on a hundred separate occasions," she stated firmly and loudly, like an exasperated parent. "I want to know where you went, why you went there and what happened – and who was he?" She took a step into the forest, trying to depict where Jerome may have gone.

Terin sighed exasperatedly. "The Ra'zac revealed themselves to me – Banuien, they're human. They took me to Galbatorix's kingdom, he told me…Brom is evil. You may not wish to believe it but many of the things Galbatorix said made much more sense than what reasons Brom has given us for recent happenings." Banuien shot a glance at Siuahn doubtfully. "He said he has no wish to harm you or any of he others," said Terin pleadingly. "But that Brom has been lying to us and he wants to tell you his side of the tale."

Banuien stared at Terin, horrified. "You spoke with Galbatorix?" she muttered. "And you trusted him? How are you able to believe a single word from your own mouth when you are in Galbatorix's fortress?" she asked shrilly.

"He made valid points," retorted Terin, her temper rising. "Why would Brom not tell us the Ra'zac were human, what would he possibly have to lose if he is so noble?"

"He did not know, I did not know," stated Banuien levelly. "And whatever race the Ra'zac are of, it makes no difference: no culture is infallible – no culture does not lie; whatever they have told you, whatever they might tell me, they are murderers."

"Then if humans are so deceptive, how are you so sure that Brom is not lying?" demanded Terin.

"I have known Brom since the moment he was born," replied Banuien, her voice rising. "His father and forefathers before that, I am not prepared to revolt against a friendship that has persisted for over two centuries."

"Like fathers, like sons, do you know for certain that they have not all been deceiving you? Other than that affiliation, what reason have you not to trust Galbatorix?"

Tears welled and glistened in Banuien's eyes. "He slaughtered my dragon," she said slowly and softly, her voice subtly beginning to quaver. She began to slowly back into the wood away from Terin, her arms wrapped around herself. When she spoke again her voice was high and whiny: "I don't suppose he warned you against me, did he? He might have, should he have known I was still alive; but I suppose he trusted his Ra'zac to rid him of me, like they did my dragon…" She stared at the forest floor for a moment, gritting her teeth. "I cannot allow this," she whispered to Terin. "Friendship denies it; I will tell Brom, and if you have decided against us, then I propose you flee now."

Quote:
Originally posted by Fimbrethil
"...my army is going to follow you and if they don't believe then we shall capture them, bring them here, and show them the truth. You must make sure that Brom does not come back to tthe group while you are talking to them or if my army must capture them, becasue if he does then all will be lost..."
Banuien felt a heavy blow to the back of her head; she fell to the forest floor, a Ra'zac standing over her with a large stick. She groaned, and grasping the back of her head tired to get to her hands and knees. The Ra'zac struck her again, and she collapsed under the weight of the log. Bending down, he rolled her over, bound her hands and relieved her of all weapons, and slinging her over his shoulder he took her back to the Ra'zac encampment.

ooc: okay this might be a little unorthodox, but this way maybe I can relax in my part in Inheritance without losing track of the story. Apologies if it interferes with anyone's plans or anything, but I'd rather go to the fortress, even if I'm not doing anything there.

Nice comeback Akai!

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 01-09-2004 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:15 PM   #220
Fimbrethil

OOC: *agrees with Earloth* Nice one Akai. I liked your post too Earloth gives me an idea. Sorry in advance for the goddmoding. And for the rest of you I don't know how your going to get caught up you should have listened to me before instead of being chased by Ra'zac that had no buisness being where you put them in the first place.

IC:
"What are you doing?! Galbatorix said they wouldn't be harmed!" Terin yelled perplexed at the Ra'zac's reactio nto the situation.

"Did you actually trust him? You had to have known he was lying are you that impressionable?!" Jerome yelled furiosly as he stepped out of the forest.

"Suihan, please we have to tell the others! Help me!" Terin said desperatly.

Suihan stepped back shaking her head, eyes wide with what she had just witnessed. "I will warn the others...against you." With that she fled searching desperatly for Brom and Eragon.

"Jerome! we have to go back we have to save to Banuein!"

"No! Don't you see he's lost his hold on you. You're the only one he could have possibly twisted to do his will and now he's lost that power over you. He will kill you, Banuien, and I if we go back now." Jerome said, knowing he should have never done the mad Kings biding as soon as he reliazed what it would mean for the pretty young girl infront of him.

"What do we do?" Terin asked almost pitifully. "They won't trust me ever again."

"All we can do is hope that they will belaive us when we explain things to them."

"Waht about Banuien?"

"He will expect us to go after her. We can only trust her now and hope that she can find her own way out. the rest of the Ra'zac army has left, I think they went after the rest of the group. Galbatorix will be angery, he gave direct orders to do nothing unless they didn't believe a lie. He will have called all them back to him by now...there is no more danger for your friends...for the time being." They both left the dragons hidden in the forest and left to find the others.