Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #201
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Hate to see a palantire like this:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Palantire face2.bmp (6.2 KB, 39 views)
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:09 PM   #202
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxon
so can an one find me a pic that includes a shodowey figure holding a severd head?
Is this all right,i coudn't find a picture with a shadowy figure holding a severed head
Attached Images
File Type: bmp severed head blown2.bmp (9.6 KB, 39 views)
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
Old 04-28-2005, 01:53 PM   #203
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
Is this all right,i coudn't find a picture with a shadowy figure holding a severed head
Ermmm... that's pretty graphic. I'm not to sure it would be a good avitar.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #204
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

whatever happened to "friendly, smiling, hobbit type" avatars?
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #205
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

And Ninjas! Hee-ah! *stealthy*
Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #206
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

yep, like the Shaolin warriors; looked for they cannot be seen, listened for they cannot be heard, reached for they cannot be touched.
--Togakure Ryu Ninjitsu Senior Student---
Old 04-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #207
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

"Cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, but are easy to smell?"

"Shaolinssss, my precioussss!"
Old 04-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #208
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

be nice
Old 04-30-2005, 03:30 AM   #209
strider8
Elven Warrior

Here's my latest avy :
Attached Images
File Type: bmp eye of sauron2.bmp (9.5 KB, 40 views)

Old 04-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #210
strider8
Elven Warrior

Heres one to all Halo fans(and Halo2(if there are any):
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Halo2 Avator.bmp (7.6 KB, 41 views)

Old 05-01-2005, 05:19 AM   #211
strider8
Elven Warrior

These are my next three,the last one is my favourite:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp The ring4.bmp (9.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: bmp The Ring6.bmp (9.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: bmp The ring5.bmp (9.1 KB, 40 views)

Old 05-01-2005, 07:09 AM   #212
strider8
Elven Warrior

I'm obsessed with making avys i have just made another one(mordor troll chieften)(its not very clear though):
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Mordor troll chieften Avatar.bmp (9.6 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by strider8 : 05-01-2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #213
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
I'm obsessed with making avys i have just made another one(mordor troll chieften)(its not very clear though):

Huh... looks a little like an ent to me O_o.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #214
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

Went on vacation so I didn't get a chance to do this before I left.

This is a smaller version of an old AV.
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #215
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Lotesse has asked about getting an avatar - can she get some helpers?

Lotesse - as I said in the Welcome Thread, first you'll need a picture. There's information on what size is allowable in the FAQ's - and uploading it is pretty self-explanatory in your User Control Panel (tab called 'User CP' - just under Treebeard's picture - on the left).

Size has two limitations - pixels and kb's - but for simple folk like myself, the only sure test is 'trial and error'.

You can snag a picture from about anywhere online - or scan something if you have scanning capabilities... or, just ask someone to make for you what you want - we usually have several who are happy to oblige (then they can just post it here and you can grab it right off the thread).

I was here an embarrassingly long time before I ventured forth to attempt to have an avatar - but got some great help once I did.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 05-02-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #216
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

The limitations are 19.5KB, and 60x60 pixels, IIRC. Unless you choose a bitmap or an extensively animated GIF, you shouldn't have problems with the size limit.

I always use MS Paint to shrink, crop etc. pictures, but some here have more advanced programs. I'll make you an avatar, but you'll have to wait a bit - I'm about to go on vacation! w00t

I'm sure someone else will jump at the chance to make another avvie. Place your orders here!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #217
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Lotesse has asked about getting an avatar - can she get some helpers?.
She did? I went back 3 pages and didn't find it. :shrug:

More than happy to help...can you quote the request again.

THX
~deBish
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #218
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah, I'm trying to make one myself on my computer with some of my own digital photos but I can't get the images down to the right pixel size. Anyway, I really want the three Eagles, like they appear in RotK when they attack the Nazgul at the end, right before they take Gandalf to go pick up Frodo & Sam. Is there a way to make an avatar that would look like them, and swoop with claws out like that? I love eagles so much; as Treeebeard would say, I was too "hasty" when I picked a name for myself upon registering with entmoot - I would like to have been Gwaihir. ah, well.

Can you give me any advice about this eagle avatar idea?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #219
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishop
She did? I went back 3 pages and didn't find it. :shrug:
It was in a different thread, so I directed her here and broached the topic.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #220
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Yeah, I'm trying to make one myself on my computer with some of my own digital photos but I can't get the images down to the right pixel size. Anyway, I really want the three Eagles, like they appear in RotK when they attack the Nazgul at the end, right before they take Gandalf to go pick up Frodo & Sam. Is there a way to make an avatar that would look like them, and swoop with claws out like that? I love eagles so much; as Treeebeard would say, I was too "hasty" when I picked a name for myself upon registering with entmoot - I would like to have been Gwaihir. ah, well.

Can you give me any advice about this eagle avatar idea?
I have two for you but thier not very clear:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp The Giant Eagles2.bmp (9.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: bmp The Eagles2.bmp (8.4 KB, 34 views)