Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I didn't like BlackHawk Down. It seems like they forgot to record the beginning, and the ending. You can't start a movie with a thumb flying off.

On the other hand, Resivior Dogs was on last night. Did anyone see it. I found it damn good.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:44 PM   #2
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i have only

i have only seen planet of the apes and that was pretty cool and
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 10-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #3
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Has anyone else seen Calendar Girls? It's got Helen Mirrin in it, and it's about a bunch of older women who strip for a calendar to raise money for a new leukemia unit (and a sofa) for their local hospital. It was a great movie.

Okay, what's up with the banner? Why's it blurry?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #4
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

I have seen a few, I probably cant name all of them.
Today I seen the Italian Job, and Hollywood Homicide. I didnt like them, eventhough Edward Norton is a very good actor.
The day before yesterday, I watched Dark City[worthy of a recommendation] American History X, Momento, Resident Evil, & 12 monkies.
All are pretty well done.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

I just saw waking life which was daring and intelligent if you like comparative philosophy but pretentious and long winded if you don't.

I have Dark City and 12 Monkeys in my collection.

Wish I had Memento in there.

Ed Norton's good. Have you seen 25th Hour? He carries a rather boring script well.

Calendar Girls? BoP, I think that would give me nightmares.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-07-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Well, I suppose you could get nightmares from trying to oogle 50+ women.

Anyway, it doesn't matter how old Helen Mirrin is, she'll always be sexy.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:30 PM   #7
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Anyway, it doesn't matter how old Helen Mirrin is, she'll always be sexy.
Well... My eyesight *is* going.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-08-2003, 12:03 AM   #8
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan

Ed Norton's good. Have you seen 25th Hour? He carries a rather boring script well.
[/B]
I agree. I have seen 25th hour, I didnt like it much. Nor did I like Death to Smoochy. I have seen almost all of his films. Have you seen Keeping the Faith? Thats a pretty boring as well.
Have you seen the Score?
Old 10-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #9
Hemel
Elven Warrior

I've seen Calendar Girls. I liked it. It seems to be very popular around here - our local cinema gets groups of women from the WIs (Women's Institutes) all around coming to see it. Loads of them.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #10
Cirdan

Re: ~

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tinuveil
I agree. I have seen 25th hour, I didnt like it much. Nor did I like Death to Smoochy. I have seen almost all of his films. Have you seen Keeping the Faith? Thats a pretty boring as well.
Have you seen the Score?
I liked The Score. A few minor plot flaws but the performances were excellent.

I'm one of the few people that liked Death to Smoochy. Comedies are tricky. I think one's response is widely variable depending on mood at the time.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-09-2003, 11:20 PM   #11
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

I saw the Score just the other day. Was a bit predictable, but fairly watchable. Not as tiresome as The Heist.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:27 PM   #12
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

The Heist was a bore. I could hardly sit through it.
I just seen Willard, I havent seen the original, but its not terrible. The scenes were believable.
Has anyone seen Better luck Tomarrow? I cant find it, it should be a new release.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #13
Cirdan

We just watch Army of Darkness. PJ definitely borrowed the Saruman black power scene from Raimi here.

The Italian Job and the Bourne Identity are up for the weekend.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #14
zinnite
Elven Warrior

I'm with Cirdan--I thought Death to Smoochy was great. I had never heard anything about it (as far as criticism) until after I saw it, and found myself wondering if everyone else saw the same movie I did.

It's the same with Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, which happens to be the last movie I watched (to make this post relevant). I love it. It's so damn stupid, and yet at the same time not at all stupid. But everybody else seems to hate it.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #15
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Eww. I hate comedies. most of them anyway. Meet the Parents was great.
I watched 'The Pianist' a couple of nights ago. great and awsome movie. Adrian Brody is one of the best actors ever.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 10-11-2003, 10:48 AM   #16
Hemel
Elven Warrior

I saw 'The Pianist'. Dragged screaming to that one, because I get so upset at real life nasty things depicted in films, and I didn't want to go. But the film was very good. Also 'K9' - I liked that one too. In a lot of ways I thought it was even better than Pianist.

My all time favourite right now? 'Spider'. I saw that one recently and really liked the way it was paced and how it unfolded and how confusing it was - almost like getting into Spider's brain.

Going to see 'Finding Nemo' tonight
Old 10-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #17
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

K9 was kinda dumb, I thought. Finding Nemo was awsome! The Pianist was good....hmmm...what else have I seen lately that I liked? oh, I really like Chicago and Life is Beautiful. Both are very well made. I've also seen 'Along Came a Spider'. I didn't really like that one, though Morgan Freeman is a very good actor. I think it was the music and the actress that messed it up.

"Don't tell lies you can't keep." ~My little sister...
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #18
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
saw chicago this mornin. Was really good. I love musicals. didnt beat moulin rouge but it was still a good watch.
Also saw Princess Diaries last week which i hadnt seen before. That surprised me. It was much better than i thouhgt it would be.Tried to watch Dogma last night but got distracted about 3/4 way throught by talking to mates. What i saw awas really funny. The **** demon is a bit gross tho!!!

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 10-11-2003, 10:17 PM   #19
zinnite
Elven Warrior

I saw Intolerable Cruelty last night. I really enjoyed it; it's definitely the only fulfilling film I've seen this year. If you like any other Coen brothers films (O' Bother Where Art Thou?, Raising Arizona, etc.) you may not love it, but you'll have a lot of fun.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:13 AM   #20
Cirdan

Just finished The Bourne Identity. Much better than I expected. The action and acting were excellent. Reccommend

The Italian Job was good.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary

Last edited by Cirdan : 10-12-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Closed Thread