Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2002, 04:59 PM   #181
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Very nice, Luthien. Although I must say, no offense but I hope the real letter will be properly punctualized (is that a word?)! Please, please don't take offense at that, I just want everything to look, well, intelligent I guess.

Oh, and Sam, I am in this. As soon as I finish writing my letter I will post it here. Are we still letting you send them or can we send them ourselves?

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 09:13 PM   #182
TinuvielChild
Padawan

cool Luthien! i do think someone should warn him of the nature of the What would you do? thread, though...*ahem* yes well hrm.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #183
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Dont send 'em to me. Just let's mail them on the same day as everyone else. I have to copy my letter onto my word processor and do some adjustments and then print it an' all. Just post your letters on here and we'll decide on a date to send the letters. How's 'at sound?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:53 AM   #184
galadriel88

Sounds good to me!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-18-2002, 10:34 PM   #185
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
What day should we send them? And when can we expect some to appear on the thread?
Not done yet but I'll be BACH.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-19-2002, 09:15 AM   #186
TinuvielChild
Padawan

mine is coming up tomorrow (i think) and if it's not, feel free to barrage me with PMs to work on it. i'm not going to be on later today because i'm not going to have access to an Internet computer, but i will be working on my letter, and getting it posted. ciao!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 04:40 AM   #187
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
*runs madly around the room screaming and crying her eyeballs out*Everything always happens to someone else O.K......I'm fine, it's just*sniff*that I live in Japan and what chance in a millenia is there of Elijah Wood coming here? And why in the name of beautiful blue eyes didn't you ask for his autoghaph!?!?!?

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 09:41 AM   #188
TinuvielChild
Padawan

hey, Ringbearer, would you by any chance be talking to samwise there? cuz if you are, then i hate to burst your bubble, but that was just an elaborate, three days too early April Fools day joke that we all fell for. get over it. (it took me 2 days to get over my embarrassment at having fallen for it. c'est la vie.)

and if that wasn't what you meant, just ignore this post.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 10:17 AM   #189
galadriel88

Alright, after I get off the comp in a few mins, I'm not coming back until my letter is written! How's that for motivation?

Old 04-20-2002, 10:19 AM   #190
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i think i'm going to do that too. i am SUCH a procrastinator! i also have English homework, unfortunately (and Art too, hmph) so i may be a little while. it WILL be posted today, tho.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #191
TinuvielChild
Padawan

k. i'm posting mine in 2 minutes, but you guys have no objection if i direct Elijah onto this thread if he wants to talk with us, right? Right? if not, please tell me soon so i can edit my letter. Who all is doing this? cuz we need to set a date to send all these, and we can't do that until everyone who's gonna write one has written theirs, and we can't know that until people tell us who is writing one! did that make sense?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:24 PM   #192
TinuvielChild
Padawan

k, here goes! A long-expected letter :

Dear Elijah,
Okay, you are probably going to think that I am yet another half-crazed looney hobbit-fancier, but I am such a fan of yours! I really and truly loved the Lord of the Rings. Every one of the actors was absolutely perfect in their roles. So far, I've seen the movie 6 times and I intend to see it another 3. Yeah, I'm strange. I love the Lord of the Rings. Not just the movie, also the books. I loved how you guys all just meshed, and hung out together even off the set.
Oh! yeah. See, there's this Tolkien message board that I hang out on all the time, called Entmoot. Some of us on there decided that we'd like you to come, even just as a guest, and maybe read this (really, really strange, but funny) story that some people wrote. The URL for the messageboard is http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com. The story is under Lord of the Rings Movies, in the What would you do? heh heh... thread. I think that there will be quite a few other people writing letters similar to this. If you want to talk to us on Entmoot, just come to the ' *Gasp* "Oh my GOSH!" OH MY GOSH!' thread under General Messages.
Was it tough doing the filming? Or was it just fun? It's really got to be annoying, having fan girls follow you everywhere. I'm taking a theater class at my school, and I was wondering if you have any tips for aspiring actors? Please? I would really appreciate it if you could respond to this letter. Thank you for not becoming a total snob because of the LotR and all, and thanks for being such a cool actor.
-TinuvielChild

whatcha think?? huh? huh? huh? comments, questions, criticisms?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 04-21-2002 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 07:35 AM   #193
Elf Girl
Lurker

Great letter, TC. I might mention, though, that What would you do? is in LotR movies.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #194
TinuvielChild
Padawan

whoops! i actually knew that, and i mistyped it! (because i had just told someone where to find the Riddling thread, which is in LotR Books). i'm going to edit that now. thank you!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 02:12 PM   #195
Elf Girl
Lurker

Oooooh! Who did you direct to the Riddling thread? Is someone going to join the ranks of Riddle-Masters?

I'm not going to write Elijah a letter because I'm not a crazy fan, he might get the wrong idea.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 03:10 PM   #196
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i have this habit of directing newbies to the YKYLTTMW and Riddling threads, that's all. plus i told Lurien (a newbie who won't post!!! hmph) to go check it out and try to guess my riddle.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 11:11 PM   #197
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Good letter TC. I liked it...alot. After I'm done modifying my letter I think I'll send it an' all. That'll be I dunno when. I'll tell you guys so we can send 'em simultaniously and all. If that's what we wanna do.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-23-2002, 04:41 PM   #198
TinuvielChild
Padawan

so it's ok for me to direct Elijah to this thread? i wasn't sure, considering the beginning, but..i think it'll be alright. sending them soon, then? how soon? a few days? if you want to receive anything back, tho, you have to include a SASE (Self-addressed Stamped Envelope). that's ok, i think we can all do that!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 04:43 PM   #199
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

You could also direct him to the website Aldesign is making for the what would you do story.....
Old 04-23-2002, 04:44 PM   #200
TinuvielChild
Padawan

oh yah, and should we put in our emails also and ask him to email us or something?? just a random idea, not thinking it's much good right now (i did a moment ago when it popped into my head). and should we put "ENTMOOT" on the back flap of our envelopes? or something? cuz sam mentioned something like that. *shrug* just the confused ramblings of an insane halfwit....

FRODO LIVES!!!!!