Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2006, 10:48 PM   #181
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I'm going to look that book up next time I'm at Barnes & Noble. I've looked for good dream books before, and usually can't find much but hogwash, campy kiddie-psychology baloney. I'm always on the lookout for decent dream books.

I don't think I've ever dreamt in black and white.

Has anyone ever seen this Bertolucci film? I did; I really loved it.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #182
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

" What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream? Or what's worse, what if only that fat guy in the third row exists? "

~Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Last edited by Lotesse : 01-14-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #183
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

~ Langston Hughes

Last edited by Lotesse : 01-14-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:27 PM   #184
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

i've had very violent dreams since i was about 12. like, a recurring one that i have is that i'm in a house with my two little brothers (well, not little anymore; they're 16 and 12; but i'll always think of them as being 12 and 8 ) and i think we have to save my parents or something. we're going through all these rooms and it's kind of like playing a video game cuz in each room there's a monster or person or something to kill. so either i'm fighting them and killing them or i'm standing there watching my little brother kill it (which is even more disturbing- watching someone who's diapers you used to change killing and maming people...) finally at the end of my dream we get to the room where my parents are being kept and just as i reach out to save them, they die horribly (i won' go into details) and then when i turn around my brothers start going insane and trying to kill me so i have to kill them.

nice, huh?

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #185
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Based on the afore # 184, I'd sincerely request you speak to a professional or at the least, seek the deeper meaning on your own. This may be a portent dream.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #186
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

it would be interesting to see what a professional would say about me...
so many mental instabilities, so little time...

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #187
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

yea dreaming in black and white is really a wierd experience. i dreamt once that the only color i saw was red because there was a gun wound in someone i know and it was freaky

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #188
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Saturday morning I woke up at 6 am, and promptly fell asleep again, and had the most wonderful dream. My dad and I found a way to Heaven: we had to lie down in this room (which oddly resembled a train compartment) and hold out umbrellas! And then the room, train, whatever it was, began moving slowly, and I looked out, and I was in space... travelling at light-speed with billions of stars and suns and moons whooshing before my face, and these huge purple, what are they called, nebulas, I think, hanging between them. I have never seen or imagined something so beautiful, and though I remember only snatches of it, the sense of wonder and joy I still recall.

And then we were at the last lap of our journey and suddenly all the night sky before me changed... the blackness of space became a black sheet, stars were only glitters on its surface, and moons and suns were cut crudely out from cardboard and wrapped with foil paper, and hanging by strings. I remember thinking it was all an illusion, when I saw the real moon dimly discernible through the black cloth, and then, by the queer logic that comes in dreams, I decided we were in some kind of hidden way, which was an illusion, and could never be seen by any unless they had died, or like us, knew the exact way.

We then got out of the train, or whatever I was journeying in, and standing in empty space, with an undefined darkness before us, beyond which lay the promised land, we had to decide whether to go on, because someone who enters Heaven can not go back to life. As if to remind me of what I was leaving behind, there arose before me a vision of my two best friends getting married ((which is very funny, because they're not even legally adults, and they're not going out or anything)). And one of them was all dressed up, and waiting, but the guy had not shown up yet, hadn't even dressed, his best man was still holding his suit. I began to grow impatient, and realized if the idiot didn't show up soon, I would never see him again. of course, that reminded me that my mother and brothers were also somehwere back on earth, and I could not see them again either. My father beside me was not looking back, and I knew that he was weary with struggling, had lived a long life, and wanted to find the Ultimate Truth. I was torn between whether to go on, or turn back... until the happy thought came to me, that I could go back, live my life, and when I died, I would be back here anyway.

That was when my mother woke me up.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #189
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That's an amazing, fascinating dream, Serenoli. I wonder if sometimes our dreams really ARE giving us little "clues" about what the Big Picture is like.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:41 AM   #190
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

fascinating? very much so... I wish I could dream it again, because it was so lovely... and, to me at least, it seems like a huge sign from above...

Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #191
katya
Elven Maiden

I had a bad dream last night- (thanks a lot, damn lazy dream catcher in my window!) it was about this crazy girl in my class. She usually just sits there and reads books the whole hour and looks depressed. But once you get to know her a little, she`s actually pretty cool. She started talking to me about our class trip yesterday and she actually seemed really happy. I got the same feeling from her in the dream, which is why I mention it.

In the dream, I was on a bridge (like the Mackinac Bridge) and I was riding a bike, and she was running (she was really fast and happy in the dream but she really hates running). We started having a little friendly race, and she was actually keeping up with me, going really really fast, when suddenly she tripped and fell. I think she broke her neck or something. I caught her as she fell down and her body was absolutely limp. It really creeped me out. I was just holding her there and her head was just hanging there and her tongue kind of rolled out of her mouth too. It was all around a kind of creepy make-you-feel-sick dream.

But what does is mean when someone dies in a dream? I`ve heard a couple old wives tales about it. Like it means someone`s gonna get pregnant or something.

I had another strange dream about an arcade game where you sit in a bathtub, get shown a short movie depicting a sin, and you have to atone by tipping over the bath and spilling water out as much as you can without totally falling over. Then there was some stuff about running down a path at night, and there was a river and you had to jump from side to side. But I don`t really remember it.

When I first got here, to Japan, I used to have nightmares pretty much every night. They got better after a couple weeks, but they`ve been weird lately. Oh, and my Japanese friends have just now started to show up in my dreams (with the exception of on certain kid who did a long time ago). I figured it would be earlier. I still dream about being at home in America a lot of the time.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #192
Serenoli

I only once saw a dream where someone was dead, one of my friends... but then it turned out she wasn't actually dead, and I had to rescue her from inside this huge Mughal palace-mosque sort of place! the coolest part of that dream was fighting under the moonlight on the fantastic shiny roof of the place with curved swords...

But the same friend whom I rescued had a creepy dream herself. She was bathing, when she turned and found a beautiful naked DEAD girl lying on the floor, and she had murdered the girl. Her father was outside, and she pretended to bathe, but in reality, hacked up the girl into tiny pieces and flushed her down the toilet... It was horrible, just listening... how the brain spilled out, and how the skull wouldn't fit, and mostly, how cooly and methodically she went about the whole task. I can not comprehend how she actually managed to go through all that dream... luckily, she's not pregnant

Old 02-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #193
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I have murder/death dreams a lot. I used to suffer from nightmareitis, real bad, but it got gradually better and better. Still every couple weeks or so I have some sort of gnarly death dream. So far no one has died in real life, so I can attest to the fact that there's nothing but wives tale lure to the whole dream-about-death scare.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #194
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

I've had two dreams this year in which I murdered or had to murder my father. The latest one involved decapitation. My dad's head was found buried in the front garden. I spent the rest of the dream on the run.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #195
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

There's loads of valuable symbolism within murder dreams like these. For instance, it may not be your actual real father, per se, that you wish to kill by decapitation, it may instead be your desire deep within to rid yourself of some sort of mental, or "head" control you feel he may push upon you, and so in your dreams, you do so symbolically by chopping off his head. Stuff like that. Man, I really need to get ahold of that dream book Bombadillo was talking about. I, too, have been having fantastically telling dreams lately. I love it, if for no other reason than it gives me such a great opportunity to self-analyse and stuff like that.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #196
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Sometimes I set my alarm two hours early. For some reason, my dreams seem more vivid and I am able to remember huge chunks in detail, if I go back to sleep for those two hours.

I've had some pretty odd dreams, as pretty much everyone else has. One involved me waking up to find my dad standing in the doorway at the end of my room, holding onto my mom's severed head by her hair with one hand, a large knife in the other.

“I had to do it.”

He was crying. I think that was the creepiest part. Also the look on my mom's face.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #197
katya
Elven Maiden

I`ve had a lot of death dreams in the past too. Either I`ve killed someone, I`ve seen someone die, or once I was killed myself. They say you can`t die in your dream, but I`ve been pretty close before. I was a mouse and I was killed by a snake (with arms and claws, incidentally). I just remember a feeling of nothingness and the realization that everything was over. I was still conscious, so to speak, for having this feeling, but it was still creepy.

I had dreams last night about animals. First there were some koi fish (carp) in a pond and they had feelings and one of them was my friend. And then the water started to drain out so I had to get the friend out, and as I was holding it looking for a place to put it it got really small. Then I had a bird that ended up as a pet somehow. I was worried that either it would try to eat my cat or the cat would try and eat it. It was kind of at that in between size. But it turned out they became friends and the cat was all cleaning it and everything. Then the cat and the bird ran away for some crazy scheme, and I was just watching as the omniscent narrator. Somewhere along the line the bird turned into a kangaroo and the cat was a fish, and they were both swimming and there were these gates they had to open, which came directly from last night where I ended up stuck in the school because the gate was closed. And they were on a roof. I am always on this roof in my dreams lately and it seems familiar but it`s new. I think it`s because this bed is easy to fall out of. It`s high but really soft.

Then I was at a vacation with the club again and it was just like the Tokyo vacation. And I spent a good chunk of time trying to make ice cream. Oh, and Chrys from Entmoot was there- and he had used the last of one of the bottles of Hershey`s Syrup. ? Then there was some stuff about dropping ice cream in the sink and taking it back anyway (10 second rule?) and people thought it was gross. And then in the end I realized 9 scoops was too much. I think the nine scoops came from the Pizza Hut commercial with the 9 different tiny pizzas.

* So a you can see, a lot of my dreams are feelings from the day, or something that comes from my surroundings as I sleep (for example my baby brother in my dream was really soft once because I was touching my pillow or that the tree on my wall always gets in my dreams because it`s right in front of my face and I see it sometimes). But I still say it`s quite possible that they can be interpreted to give you an insight into your true feelings. I don`t really believe in anything that`s supposed to be prophetic (as in the death in dreams = pregnancy part), at least not as a scientist. But who knows?

note- I just woke up. I mean, having trouble seeing the screen because of my just woke up after sleeping with my contacts in eyes. So sorry if this is uninteresting. I`ve just typed out last night`s dream as I remembered it.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #198
truthiscool
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Justin Timberlake
I've had two dreams this year in which I murdered or had to murder my father. The latest one involved decapitation. My dad's head was found buried in the front garden. I spent the rest of the dream on the run.
wow that must have been weard.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #199
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

I had a dreadful dream this night I don't remember how it began... but I was with my granny somewhere, and she fainted, just slowly and silently collapsed into my arms (she is very tiny, even smaller than I am, and thin) and I was crying for help because I thought she had died, and I remember my granny's sister-in-law running towards us, and then my dad and mum... I felt so desperate, kneeling there with my little beloved grandmother in my arms, thinking she was dead, fighting back my tears... But then she suddenly awoke, with the most peaceful smile on her face, and stood up; everybody around me was relieved, yet it didn't make me feel any better, because somehow I knew that she was really dying, it doesn't matter she woke up now, she was going to die soon...

That is when I woke up, with that desperate, helpless feeling. It felt so good hugging my granny when I met her at breakfast...
Old 03-13-2006, 01:59 AM   #200
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

And AGAIN I dreamt of my grandmother being deathly ill. What is that, my subconscious trying to get me used to the thought that she is old and probably has not many years left?

Also, does it have some special meaning if you bleed in your dream?...

Last edited by littleadanel : 03-13-2006 at 02:00 AM.
littleadanel is offline   Reply With Quote