Old 03-01-2002, 12:05 AM   #181
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

emplynx,

that's ok. Don't have a cow, then.

Tanoliel,
Quote:
= (vampire smiley)
Is that a straw on your smiley? Hmm.. Once again, it's lunch time. I think I'll get a coke with fries this time.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-01-2002, 04:13 PM   #182
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

hmm lunchtimne, i think i'll eat some of the lembas i made last night!
Old 03-02-2002, 01:43 PM   #183
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Lembas? What recipie? Eruviel and I are going through tons of versions of made-up stuff...we've made a few good things, I suppose...
No, it's not a straw. Look at the original message, cause I disabled the smiley's. It's supposed to be fangs coming out of the smile. *sigh* I KNOW, i KNOW....
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-02-2002, 02:20 PM   #184
Cessair
Sapling

lembas?

What in middle earth are lembas? Just curious...
Old 03-02-2002, 04:21 PM   #185
Nibs
Head Hollara

[A unanimous gasp issues forth from the assorted tracheas of Entmoot members]
"Did he just say what I think he said??" many whisper to another.
The silence that ensues is eerie. Many a child begins weeping, calling for it's mother... riots erupt in the various streets of backwater towns in Texas, and cows tip themselves. Now you've done it, fellah.

Just kidding, and I nearly hope you are, too. Well, lembas, if you'll recall, is what Galadriel gave to the Fellowship as a source of sustenance for the remainder of their trip.

What are we talking about now? Scanners?? How flabbergasting.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 03-02-2002, 06:05 PM   #186
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I'm guessing you're a movieverser...that is, seen the movie but not read the books. Yep...Galadriel's elves gave the felloewhip food, rope (heehee! rope!), cloaks and all that good stuff. Hey...i wonder how they're going to do it in ROTK...I mean, lembas was all Frodo and Sam had....so if they didn't get it from the elves, what are they going to eat?
Anyhow...
How on middle earth did we get from Starr posting her picture to talking about scanners and Arathorn getting hungry for cow?
I'm confused again...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-02-2002, 09:16 PM   #187
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I don't know...these falling off-topic things tend to amuse and confuse me all at once...
Old 03-03-2002, 01:22 AM   #188
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
How on middle earth did we get from Starr posting her picture to talking about scanners and Arathorn getting hungry for cow? I'm confused again...
-tano
Me too, but as they say
"the thread goes ever on and on, out from the post where it began..."

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 03-03-2002, 03:38 AM   #189
anduin
Entwife

I like that, may I use it? Well at least I like it now...who knows about tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:51 AM   #190
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

*checks to see personal list of things too precious to share* Nope, it's not in here! Feel free, Anduin.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-03-2002 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:46 PM   #191
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

LOL, Arathorn, I'm gonna tell my best friend and one of only 3 Tolkien fans in the class tomorrow.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-03-2002, 08:46 PM   #192
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
LOL, Arathorn, I'm gonna tell my best friend and one of only 3 Tolkien fans in the class tomorrow.
I think my teacher would get annoyed if I tried to talk about LotR again in class.... I was working in a group with three friends, two of which deserve to be certified EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO's, and we kept quoting it and laughing and making awful jokes...then he started calling us "the Lord of the Rings table," which of course we minded not at all. Then he asked me to hand him something by saying, "Hey Frodo, hand me that stapler" (or whatever it was)...I told him in no uncertain terms that I wasn't Frodo, I was Pippin. He just ignored me. *sigh* Oh well. At least there's lunch time...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #193
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

you guys atleast have someone to share it with,
i am the only one in my school.
ya it's fun.
no, not really.

i used your lembas recipie, tanoliel, onli i added more honey and sugar, and i switched the milk with cream.
plus i found a way that you can make the inside more cream coloured.. when thier about half way done, flip them over and coninue coking.. i made mine bigger rund too, but same thickness.

wow, maybe i changed it more than i thought.
oh well. i love my cow.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:35 PM   #194
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Yeah...I know exactly how you feel,LuthienTinuviel. I know of some people in school who are really deserving of the title EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO, but I don't know them. A few of my friends have read the books and loved them, but just didn't love them enough to talk about them non stop. I brought a biography of Tolkien to school a few days ago, and I was reading it at lunch. My friend asked my what I was reading, so I showed her. She asked, "Who's Tolkien?" I was going to either throw up or cry. My other friend saved me by telling the uninformed one "The guy who wrote Lord of the Rings. You know...her obsession." Everyone's got me pegged!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 03-03-2002, 11:58 PM   #195
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

galadriel88

Before the thread runs away again and we get confused about the school topic, please enlighten me about your last post because I'm still reeling from the previous cow confusion.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-04-2002 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:08 PM   #196
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

OK. There are only 3 ppl in my clas who are Tolkien fans - me, my best friend, and a boy who doesn't talk much. I'm going to tell my best friend that "The thread goes ever on and on, out from the post where it began" thingy. Get it? I hope so...

Oh, and there are a few others in my school who are fans - more that are fans of the movie but have never read the books than true Tolkien lovers, though.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-04-2002, 10:15 PM   #197
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Speaking of school, in english today we were talking about Great Expectations, staring a character named Pip, I called him Pippin. The girl next to me said I have been reading LotR too much and I said, "Yes". She said, "So have I".
Old 03-04-2002, 10:25 PM   #198
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, here's a few thoughts on recent pics...

Eärniel, I love the frog pic! kiss him and make him a prince....you deserve it.

Luthien Tinuviel, pretty pic, but heck, superhero suicide can be rather messy.....and heck, a pic with a smile would be nice, especially a smile as nice as I'm guessing you have....a smile like that and homemade lembas and ol' Orlando will come a'runnin'......and don't knock "poopy" geocities!!!! They're convenient and free....and I've had a nice long relationship wif 'em! Besides, my flashy strobing celtic knot icon is a gif file hosted by geocities.....

Laurelyn, I don't think you looked uncool!
noldo, nah, we get a free sampo when we buy a scanner here.
Laurenis, you didn't look bad from xmas eve, you just look tired....them Yuletide holidays can wear on a person.....pretty smile too...

tano, like a lot of the other ladies you have a very pretty smile....like Rogue Elf, I can tell there's a heck of a lot going on behind them eyes......if Laurenis' pic had been bigger I'd probably have seen the same thing....you are some very intelligent women....

Omigod, Cessair....what are lembas? Have you read the book, or only seen the film? (he says, as he cleans coffee off his monitor....thanks for making me spew my much-needed caffeine, bro.)...

Ah, Renille, you shouldn't be motivated to throw up nor cry when the uninitiates ask "Who is Tolkien?". Instead, you should see it as an opportunity, a chance to introduce more and more to the folks of the Informed, the ranks of the EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO's will swell, and the works of Tolkien will live far into human history after we have all assumed room temperature and decomposed to the basic elements....

And if you folks htink you're isolated Tolkien fans....remember, you have the smash hit movie beind you....try being a Tolkien fan in southwest Louisiana in the late seventies! Talk about "Stranger in a Strange World"....

Great pics, folks.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:27 PM   #199
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

oh, I almost forgot: What's with the cadre of skinny scrawny administrators? *wink!* Methinks the admin side of the board needs a good dose of Weight Gain 4000....try lifting the monitors once in a while, guys!

*ducks and runs*
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:15 PM   #200
Darth Tater
The man

bropous, your avatar is hosted by the tolkien trail. Geocities doesn't allow you to use images offsite.
Closed Thread