Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2002, 10:45 AM   #181
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: I'm leaving tonight for a monthlong holiday with no access to the internet. Anyone can post for the hobbits until then. See you in August!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:01 PM   #182
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content

OOC: Yeh Have a nice holliday! This RPG is going slow atm. anyways

Hmm... maybe someone should post an update soon... maybe that someone needs to be me

- Falathion
Old 07-10-2002, 08:59 PM   #183
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Gandalf A hidden route

The days passed by, largely uneventfully as the company began its journey. The part of the country that they had first to pass through had been as yet unravaged by orcs, and there was peace and innocence. Few were prepared for the coming storm. As they went, the company therefore spread word of the approaching danger to those who were closest to the rampaging armies.

Finally, the company left the territories where men dwealt and began to near the sea. Finally they reached the shore where the land abruptly ended, but here there was no sand. The ground simply stopped a hundred yards from the edge of the sea and then tilted downwards, disappearing beneath the waves. Grass covered the ground straight up to the water's edge, and here and there a tree or bush was easy to find as well. The whole place was beautiful and peaceful, with no trace of the devastation that had struck so near this place all those years ago other than the tilt in the land and the crack at its top.

The company left their horses at the top of the tilt and walked down quietly to the water's edge, where Texol stopped and stared out over the waters, his robes billowing around him with the sea breeze.

He turned to face his companions then. "In Rivendell there are many manuscripts detailing the legend of Beleriand and telling all that can be known about Angband during ancient times. They were dark stories and it gave me no pleasure to look through them. However I did, with Theneal's assistance," he said with a nod of thanks towards the elf, "and we discovered that there may still be a way into Angband left.

"It was a secret tunnel built probably for Morgoth and his captains in case things should go amiss, that they might have a way to escape. Its existence first began to be suspected when a few fleeing leaders were spotted by the people who lived in these parts. These leaders were possible to identify as some of Morgoth's commanders, apparently having escaped during Angband's collapse.

"But Angband was destroyed by the Valar and there was no need to seek out this tunnel," Texol continued, "especially since the land sunk under the depths."

"So we need to seek out this tunnel?" Numenor asked as he fingered his necklace.

"Yes," Texol answered. "We have accounts from local tribesmen of the period and have narrowed down the search to this shore. It is here, my friends. Now I need you simply to spread out and find it."

Slowly the company did as asked, spreading out along the edge of the crack and across the ground, seeking for some sign of the secret passage.

Slowly the hours passed as the company continued their search, beginning to feel that their task was more and more hopeless. The team members eventually decided to team up into pairs.

Sunset was approaching when suddenly there was a call. Texol hurried to the spot where he found Theneal and Numenor, both standing over a patch of ground that was indented downwards in the shape of a door sized square.

"Good job," Texol said with a smile. "Numenor, Theneal, good work. I actually didn't expect us to find it nearly this soon, this was surprisingly fast. But that is good, the quicker this can be done the better, for then we'll be able to get on to other things."

The other members of the company soon gathered around them as Texol lowered his staff's head and touched the center of the indentation. Then he spoke words of command in a powerful voice, and the ground shifted. The ground and grass fell down the hole that widened as the great hidden iron door swung downwards, revealing a flight of stone stairs that led downwards into darkness.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 07-15-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 06:42 AM   #184
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content

- Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 07-31-2002 at 05:00 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:40 AM   #185
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:::

Now who is still with us here? -I hope most of you still are The progress of this rpg has been slow lately, though something tells me the tide has changed... now who is still in?

- Falathion, son of Cúrion, son of BÃ*renath who died in the battle of Gondor...
Old 07-15-2002, 07:22 PM   #186
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I've edited my most recent post about the entrance to Angband. Sorry to make you reread, but it's necessary for story congruity.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:15 PM   #187
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Entering the dungeons of Angband

The stinking smell of death and rottening flesh cought everyones nose in the very second they stepped down the first steps of the entrance. The stonewalls, cieling and steps were all covered with grass and other elements of nature witnessing of many a year of untouched surfaces.
Looking down into the night they made their way downward the slippery steps, only lightened by the entrance that were slowly fading behind them.
"Be silent and watch your steps, my friends," Texol wispered. "We do not want to awake the creatures dwelling in the deeps of Morgoths past fortress." He carefully swept his hand above the top of his staff, and a dim light appeared from the stone at the top. "I'll just risk a little bit of light," Texol said.
Still they were going down the neverending steps for what could only be described as too long a time, and the further down they got, the wors the smell stuck in their noses, and the air was thickening and a fear within arose among them. Though still they travelled down into the deeps, knowing what was awaiting them, knowing what to expect...

"There is no worse thing to this world then going down slippery steps like these," Turin grinned quietly. "I keep stepping on my beard." Only Theneal was walking behind him, as they were forming the backtrop of the fellowship. "I wanted orcs, and all I get is empty stairways smelling worse then anything," the dwarf grinned again nearly falling over as he once again stepped on his long beard. "Gather you feet, foolish dwarf!" Theneal stressed behind him as quiet as possible. "I'm sure you'll get your share of orcslaughter before we reach the end of this journey." The dwarf stopped and turned around looking angrily at the elf. "I sure hope so, for everyones sake!" Then he started walking again.

"These steps truly goes deep," Falathion wispered to Cúrion walking right infront of him. "Indeed, my son. Very deep, and it troubles my heart not to see the sky." Undulë who were walking right behind Falathion laid his hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure we will all be ok, no matter what." Falathion sighted. "Sadly enough, I don't feel the same way about all this, my friend. Sadly enough..."

And so they kept on walking until the steps flattened and a long, tight hall appeared infront of them, in which led to a large cield door...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 07-15-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:02 AM   #188
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ive been away for awhile but i should be able to post more now
Old 07-19-2002, 07:01 AM   #189
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content

Good to have you back Tar-Elendil! We were about to attack Isengard were we not?

- Falathion
Old 07-29-2002, 09:26 AM   #190
Earniel

OOC: Thanks, Arat-Falathion. I had a great holiday. And now I'm back.

Being small, the hobbits could not see what lay before the company and they slightly bumbed into the elf before them as the company halted before the door. "Sorry" mumbled Numenor.

The hobbits had heeded the warning of the wizard had not spoken during the dark journey. Instead they had tried not to think of all the evil things they could encounter here. It turned out they had a lot not to think about. The darkness itself did not scare the hobbits, as they were hole dwellers by nature, they did not feel uncomfortable underground. Yet the slippery cold steps could not be compared to the cosy hobbitholes. Magnanamous had tried to count the numerous steps but had to confess halfway that he had lost count allready.

Numenor peered alongside the elf to see why the company had halted without warning. "A door." he said to the other hobbits who could not see it. "Is there writing on it?" asked Magnanamous. Numenor looked again. "Not that I can see." he said as he turned again. "No riddles then." said Rosalina with a faint smile. "This is not Moria." reminded Magnanamous her. "Aye, but I don't know whether we're better off here." said Numenor. Magnanamous shrugged. "We'll see, won't we?"
Old 08-05-2002, 03:23 PM   #191
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
all of a sudden, there was a sound of hoofs from the world above.the company rushed out,and beheld a horsewoman in the fading light.

'Hello my friends.i have ridden fast from rivendell.my name is Christiana and i shall assist u on ur quest,if i may'

ooc:anyone who was in valinor in the days of the two trees,or has been in Middle Earth knows her,as she was on the White Council.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 07:22 AM   #192
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: A very fast and rushing entrance this, Christiana, and now we have to go down all those slippery steps again Ah, well...

BIC: Texol examined the door, but with no result. "This door is of orcish make, and does not have any thoughtout riddles or ancient words or fraces in order to open. I think what we need is raw power to open this!" Everyone took the hint and rushed to the door, laying all their weight and strenght agains it, and slowly it opened. And as the first glich of the other room appeared an even worse smell cought their noses...

- Falathion
Old 08-13-2002, 08:37 PM   #193
Christiana
Elf Lord

Christiana sighed,holding a telepathic conversation w/ her elven wolf.she drew her sword,and rammed the hilt into the door.the end of her sword,topped by a sapphire,did not give.the door,however,opened a few inchesmore,grating against the stone floor.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-17-2002, 07:12 AM   #194
Earniel

Numenor carefully poked his head around the door. Being small had it's advantages. But he could see nothing behind the door except a thick darkness. He wrinkled her nose, this smell was even worse than before.
"Can you see anything?" asked Magnanamous on the other side of the door.
"Nothing but darkness." replied Numenor. He pulled his head back. No need in taking unnecessary risks. With gritted theeth the company doubled their efforts untill finally the door surrendered. It had opened wide enough now to let a man through unhindered.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:19 PM   #195
Christiana
Elf Lord

ooc:im going awat for 1 week,dont do too mugh without me!bye!

bic:Christiana's eyes glitteredin the dark."what should we do now?"

Old 08-18-2002, 03:50 PM   #196
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"Wield you weapons and be at your pase," Texol whispered stepping forward. "Hopefully we will get through this without being noticed." As he entered the room he added. "And try to forget the smell in this place. It will get alot worse when we get further down..."

Texols shinig staff only lightened a small field around the group, and they could not see the walls on eather side and not guess the size of the room. They ran as silently as possible straight forward for a while, till they came to the other side. Here they found a stairway going further down into the deeps. It went straight down in a spiral form, and as they walked down every step, they started to get dizzy. The smell got stronger and stronger, and the dark became darker and darker...

"Truly this is the ancient fortress of Morgoth," Texol whispered. "This place breaths of darkness and evil."

They proceeded through a hall and entered a smaller room. From here they came to another stairway that went in the same kind of spiral as the other had. Further and further down into the deeps they came. Stronger and stronger the smell became, and darker and darker the darkness contained...

The hobbits had stopped counting steps now and had started to count stairways instead. "Sixteen stairs!" Magnanamous sighted as he tried to stock his feet on the ground after yet another stairway. "Sixteen stairways, and yet we are not at the end. I wonder how many more steps I have to take, because I am not sure how much longer I may go on..." Texol stopped. "Ok, my dear hobbit. You may rest here for a short while, but we have to get on soon. I feel our precence won't go unnoticed much longer..." Texol scouted around in the dark and whispered: "I feel the precence of dark creatures, my friends. Very dark creatures indeed..."
"I do not want to rest then," Magnanamous quickly replied. "Let us proceed and get what we came for! And let us hurry our pase!" "Very well," Texol nodded.

On they continued for yet another number of stairways and even more dark halls and smelling rooms, diversing in size. The darkness was now so blackened that Texols staff nearly was effectless, as black clouds or fog was in the air. They had just walked down a new stairway being a lot bigger then the others had been, and now they entered a hall leading to a huge door rising up into the invissible.

Examining the door, Texol hummed and sighted and thought very deeply. "'Do not enter this room' it says in an ancient dark tongue only the Istari remembers. Here lies the archives of Morgoth, and be doomed thou who dears to show his pressence behind these locked doors." Texol turned to the group. "We are now only few steps away from what we came for," Texol whispered. "And yet I have a fealing that hell will break loose at the sudden we enter the next room. You may think we are halfway, but the efforts of getting out will probably hold a thousand times as much effort as getting down here. We shall now rest, as well as we may, before we enter the next door..."

-------------------------------------------------------

- Falathion
Old 08-24-2002, 06:32 PM   #197
Christiana
Elf Lord

ooc:im back!

bic:Christiana munched on some lembas,and checked to make sure that her wepons were all in an easy postition to grab.when the rest break was over, they approached the door.Knocking an arrow to the string,Christiana drew her bow as Cheyanne tensed at her side.The door creaked open...

...and hell broke loose.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:23 PM   #198
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Nazgul The Archive

Theneal lowered his bow and arrow, his keen elven eyes quickly taking in the contents of the room. The room was probably three hundred feet long and sixty feet wide. Through the center of it were several long rows of books and papers. There were other things also on some of the shelves. Slimy and disgusting, some of them. Others like hard rocks, bleak, dark and evil. What they were, none of them cared to know, or ever found out.

Texol stepped into the room.

Several seconds slowly passed, yet nothing happened. The tension in the air, the oppressive darkness were almost unbearable, yet nothing, still.

Slowly, staff held high, Texol walked several steps further. After several seconds, Theneal and the others walked in behind him.

Texol quietly went over to one of the long rows, staring intently at several evil markings on the top of it. Nodding to himself, he took several steps deeper in, increasing the light a little more. He began then to browse the books, shuffling through some of the papers as he looked for what he needed.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #199
Earniel

As the wizard was studying the papers, the rest of the little fellowship dispersed a little and explored their immediate surroundings. None of them went far, never leaving the light that the wizard's staff cast, and always keeping the rest of the group in sight. Every one was alert for any sound, anything out of the ordinary. They treaded lightly and each had his hand on his weapon.

Numenor looked at the bookshelves that towered over him. It was as if the very air was evil, the hair in his neck stood upright. His gaze slid past the shelves at hobbit eye height. He fingered his necklace nervously, his other hand lay on the elven knife. the necklace felt heavier, although it might have been his imagination. The whole atmosphere seemed to press down on him. Suddenly something caught his eye, he leaned closer to see what it was. It was a little book, smaller than those around it. It seemed... different. The cover was covered with dirt and dust but it must have been grey once, an odd colour for a book. It didn't seem to fit here. Tentively he stretched out his hand. "Don't do that!" whispered Rosalina.

Numenor had nearly pulled his hand back when he realised she had spoken to him but to Magnanamous. The two other Hobbits stood at the opposite bookcase, behind him. Magnanamous had his hand on a thick black book. "Don't worry Rosie, I'm only going to look, I'm not going to drop it." he whispered to the worried girl. But he had underestimated the weight of the book and it slipped from his grasp to the ground. Only the quick intervention of the dwarf Turin prevented the book of hitting the ground. He put it back in it's place. "You foolish hobbit!" whispered the dwarf, as far as dwarves actually can whisper. "We try to stay unnoticed in this hell hole." Both hobbits looked pale but Magnanamous gathered his wits fast. "I thought you wanted some orcs, master Turin." The dwarf looked hard at him. "Don't touch any more of this books." was all he said and then turned around. Rosalina pulled Magnanamous back to the place where the wizard was still browsing to the papers. Numenor followed them, the little grey book hidden under his mantle. He had made use of the little disturbance of Magnanamous to pick it up unnoticed and slip it under his mantle. He wasn't sure why he had picked that particular booklet but he didn't feel like putting it back.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:32 PM   #200
Christiana
Elf Lord

ooc:my chracter can read Black Speech.

bic: Christiana petted Cheyanne as she tried to make out the titles of the books. Most of them were in Black Speech-something that she was sure did not bode well.She glanced up,and just over her head somthing caught her eye. It was a leather bound book nearly twice the size of the others. She handed it to Texol, who gave a start at the title.(ooc:expect a pm on the title AF)
Cheyanne stiffened suddenly,her nose in the air.
"What is it?"breathed Christiana.But now everyone heard the cry,and they didnt need to be told that Orcs were approaching.But that was not all Cheyanne had sensed.As Christa heard her reply,she started shuddering violently.

There was a dragon.500 yards from them.