Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2004, 08:38 PM   #181
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

You're right about people joining the Order. But it can't be just anyone, they have to trust them completely. Of course, it's not fullproof (coughWormtailcough) but they have to be trustworthy.

And don't worry if you are outnumbered- everyone loses sometimes. I lost the last one I think...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:50 PM   #182
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I was/am waiting for Fimbrethil to check in with her "appraisal" of Azalea's chapters. Radagast the Brown is going to predict the next five (I believe) when he gets back from vacation...soon, I think...Teleconter Dunedain, would you like to predict five chapters after Rad's?
Any more ideas on "The Heir of Gryffindor"? I think we've decided his IS good, we need a name, and an explanation of who he is and where he's been. (I always thought Harry was the heir, since he pulled the sword from the sorting hat )
Old 08-27-2004, 10:12 PM   #183
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, I have to tell you I kind of cheated. You know the name of the next book is Half-Blood Prince, so I figured there has to be a half-blood prince of some kind in there. Then I looked at a spoiler clue on JKR's website, which was the description of a man. It didn't say who he was, and I won't describe it so as not to spoil. But I combined my prediction of who it is with half-blood prince and came up with it. It is just my own little theory, so Harry may well be the heir. I can write more detail if you want (or should we wait since these are outlines?), or wait for Fim, or we can toss it and go in another direction. I'm just happy you guys liked some of my ideas!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:30 AM   #184
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yeah I'll try and do the 5 after Rad but this isn't my strongest point!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:31 PM   #185
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
Well, I have to tell you I kind of cheated. You know the name of the next book is Half-Blood Prince, so I figured there has to be a half-blood prince of some kind in there. Then I looked at a spoiler clue on JKR's website, which was the description of a man. It didn't say who he was, and I won't describe it so as not to spoil. But I combined my prediction of who it is with half-blood prince and came up with it. It is just my own little theory, so Harry may well be the heir. I can write more detail if you want (or should we wait since these are outlines?), or wait for Fim, or we can toss it and go in another direction. I'm just happy you guys liked some of my ideas!
Wait- what do you mean by you combined your prediction and came up with it? That makes no sense...or I could just be interprting it wrong, but could you explain that for me please? I think we're just doing the outlines for now, we didnt do anything in detail before, so no, you don't have to. And if anyone's wondering about the quote, I drew a pic here of the man they described and the quote is on there as well if you want to see it. Or if you don't want to see the pic, I'll just put it in spoiler tags:
(He) looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his tawny mane and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire rimmed specatacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 08-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #186
Telcontar_Dunedain

Anyway I don't it is Harry even before the picture because it is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 08-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #187
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah, Harry isn't the HBP. JKR said that. She also said that it's not Voldemort or Tom Riddle, since some people consider them to be different people. Although she doesn't. But those are the only definates.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-28-2004, 08:27 PM   #188
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

So the half blood prince is also the heir of gryffindor?
Old 08-28-2004, 11:23 PM   #189
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines about being stuck there. We find out what Dudley saw during his previous Dementor attack. Harry's dreams of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.
Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Kreacher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OotP.
Chap. 3: Harry is filled in, and fills in his friends, and maybe they try out some advanced magic they've each learned over the summer. Harry gives the shattered two-way mirror from Sirius to a very curious Hermione. We find out that Harry is the new Gryffindor quidditch captin. Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:
Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts- O+
Potions- scraps an O
Care of Magical Creatures- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P
(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)
Some of Harry's classes this year are:
Defense against the Dark Arts
Transfigurations
Charms
Potions
Chap. 4: Harry learns that his parents were both Aurors. Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear that Voldemort has been busy attracting followers and attacking muggle born families. We see Neville and learn that he and his grandmother have been staying at the Order Headquarters, because they are in serious danger from the Deatheaters. Thus, Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)
Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. The shop has been quite successful, and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too! They find out the new DADA teacher is
Professor Chaudry, from India. He has unusual ways of doing things, that conflict with the Hogwarts routines and traditions, thus making the other teachers somewhat annoyed. But the students like him and start imitating him ....causing all kinds of wacky fun! Prof Chaudry is really strict in lessons, but he often involves himself with the students lives outside of lessons.
Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and included Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home. Sirius also took care to have Remus appointed Harry's guardian.
Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, and a Ravenclaw) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione (Gryffindor) will be next.Hagrid also has his hands full trying to keep the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.
Chapter 14- Hagrid takes the Trio to visit Grawp again. He says he's become much better behaved over the summer. Amazingly, they find he has. They have a (semi) intelligent conversation with him, but it's like he was a small child. part 1
Right, I shall start by saying that, I think most of what has been posted is what you guys want to happen not what you think will happen. Now, everything in bold will touched upon, starting with my chapters. In chapter 4 it says "Harry finds out his parents are Aurers." I do not recall posting this since I do not recall posting that means one of you have changed my chapters please dont do that again. If I have posted this and you can provide proof then I will take back this statement. In chapter 5, the bit about the twins, ofcourse the twins will not go back to hogwarts, they were in their seventh year. In chapter 5, the bit about Chaudry, I know I did not post this because I do not agree with it. I request it be moved to another chapter. (At the end of this you will see why I requested and didn't do it myself). In chapter 6, I agree that Sirius should have a will but what is Harry the heir of? I hope it's not Grimmauld Place that he is "thrilled to inherit". My friend Rhetit asked me about that and I realized why it was so absurd. He just recieved the dark and depressing home his godfather hated...why wouldn't he be happy? Anyway, it's not Sirius's to give(will) away anymore he gave it to the Order. In chapter 10 Hagrid's brother is a trouble maker but then in chapter 14 he's smart, like a small child. They contradict one another, I suggest whoever did those chapters fix them, they are confusing.
Again my friend Rhetit pointed out that these predictions were slightly repetive. I asked her what she meant and she said, I have to agree with her, that this sounds alot like the second book.
I must end this post in a farwell as I will not be coming back to this thread to post. This has got to absurd and too skechty for me. Goodbye.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:28 PM   #190
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh my! And you were worried about MY ego! Suit yourself Fim.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:25 AM   #191
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I agree with Fim about Grawp and the will of Sirius.
But... you can't just request to move things from the chapters you wrote, even if you wrote them. We all do this 'book', so it's up to us to decide, not one of us. If you persuade us that it's wrong, we'll change it.
I don't really see what the problem with that Chaodry guy. Can you make up a better teacher?

Oh, the yes i'll do the next 5... I leave today. Back to Israel it is...
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #192
Telcontar_Dunedain

I think that Sirius will leagally give the house to Harry because he's not going to put on his will 12 Grimmauld Place to The Order of the Pheonix.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #193
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I think that Sirius will leagally give the house to Harry because he's not going to put on his will 12 Grimmauld Place to The Order of the Pheonix.
No, but since he already gave the house to the Order, he don't have to write it in the will.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #194
Telcontar_Dunedain

Not legally though, it still was Sirius' house.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:42 AM   #195
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Not legally though, it still was Sirius' house.
How do you know? Who says that Sirius didn't gave them the house? (Or is it said he lent it?)
Old 08-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #196
Telcontar_Dunedain

Well he couldn't exacly go to the MoM and saying he gave it to the OotP.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:36 AM   #197
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Well he couldn't exacly go to the MoM and saying he gave it to the OotP.
He doesn't have to do that if he says he gives the house to Dumbledore.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #198
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yes but he was still a wanted 'criminal' wasn't he.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:19 AM   #199
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Yes but he was still a wanted 'criminal' wasn't he.
So? Why does he need to go to the ministry to say he gives the house to Dumbledore?
Old 08-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #200
Telcontar_Dunedain

All I'n saying is he could give it to Harry but the Order could still use it.