Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2002, 03:17 PM   #181
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, I eat everything but actual meat, and consider myself a vegetarian. I also try to avoid marshmellows, and Worcestershire sauce that contains anchovies, but I try to be casual about it and not let it rule my entire gustatory life.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 03:44 PM   #182
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I havent offended anyone have I? I dont mean to say your not a vegetarian if you just dont eat meat!! That's fine its just i physically cant eat them, they make me feel sick as a Balrog.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 03:53 PM   #183
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Mmm, got catching up to do....

Quote:
Do you even know what quarks and leptons are? Therefore, I am super-duper intelligent...
Dunno about leptons but quarks are the smallest buildingblocks of matter discovered to this day, right?

Quote:
CHEWING GUM IS DEFINATELY OUT AND NEVER EAT SKITTLES!!! Well you can if you want but they have Carnuba wax in them which is basically crushed up male bugs.
I don't know about you guys but this thread is putting a serious damper on my appetite....

Last edited by Earniel : 04-12-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 03:56 PM   #184
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

hee hee! I dont eat anything!!! Beleive me i could give you a list of everything I cant eat that you may not want to eat and you would eat nothing! I just eat the same!

Old 04-12-2002, 04:10 PM   #185
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryIcecream
Nope. Polo's and tic tacs are out! I myself used to be an absolute tic tac freak!
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*BREAKS DOWN AND CRIES*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #186
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

You don't have to give them up XK! Just if you want to! And you OBVIOUSLY dont want to!

Old 04-12-2002, 04:20 PM   #187
Elfmaster XK

You don't understand, no one does. For so many years i've wanted to be vegetarian. I hate eating meat and don't enjoy it, i feel guilty. I hardly ever eat it anyway. I can't eat egg anymore or beef or ham...the only stuff i eat is bacon. I love it but every bacon buttie i have makes me feel both sick and happy. It was a pig, a happy living pig and i ate it. Eugh! On discovering soya and Tofu i think, oh, finally i can be happy and not eat real meat. But i love mints, both tic tacs and polos. They are my existence. Now i'll feel guilty eating them too!

But i hate chewing gum anyway, so that's on the up side.

Plus i hate lip-balms(medicinal) as they have whale oils in them so i dont use them.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 04-12-2002, 04:20 PM   #188
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
You don't have to give them up XK! Just if you want to! And you OBVIOUSLY dont want to!
Reading all what is said about them here makes it very difficult NOT to give them up. If I see one of those after reading this thread I'll expect them to grow paws and run away.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:20 PM   #189
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
I havent offended anyone have I? I dont mean to say your not a vegetarian if you just dont eat meat!! That's fine its just i physically cant eat them, they make me feel sick as a Balrog.
No, no offense taken, I was just making the comment to convey to those thinking about becoming veggies that there are diff. types of vegetarians, so you don't have to give up everything just because it might have an animal product in it. For instance, my bro is a vegan, which means he eats no animals products at all, and this makes it very difficult to eat at non-vegetarian restaurants since he sometimes ends up w/ something they've put cheese or butter on that he has to send back. I couldn't live that strictly. I figure the fact that I am not eating MEAT allows fewer animals to be killed because of me, but yet I still eat non-meat products although they may be ANIMAL products (cheese, milk, etc. I am what is refered to as a lacto-ovo vegetarian because I eat eggs and milk. Eggs you buy in stores aren't fertilized, so technically you aren't eating an animal.
My dad is what they call a semi-vegetarian because he eats seafood, just not poultry and mammals.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:25 PM   #190
Arian
Elven Warrior

I'm trying a veggie diet, so I'm don't look fat for Prom. I mean I thin, but with teenagers you eat so much. But yeah try to go veggie, like Renille.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:09 AM   #191
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I would actually say vegetarianism can be more unhealthy if not done properly. (You are sooo lucky to have a prom. WE dont!)

I mean if you dont eat enough salad and beans etc.. then you might just end up getting bigger.

What is really anoying me now is that quorn has recently had a modify of all their products and my favourite food (Quorn tikka masala) has been bloomin changed to fresh not frozen and now it tastes og nuts!! yuk!!!

With me, its cheese at the moments. When its melted, i dont mind for some reason but if i eat cold cheese it makes me feel really sick, and i dont know why!!!!

I really miss liqourice and that lot but i'm used to it all now and i know that if eat anything that isnt vegetarian then i'll feel sick fterwards so there is no point. Obviously, i slip up sometimes but only in a small way. Like if i get fed a meal round a friends house though i will never eat the solid meat (I always make sure its not got any meat or fish in), i try and be polite and eat it even though i dont know if it has gelatin in or not. It makes me feel so sick though but that only happened once and i though it was safe but later found out it wasnt! yuk!

Now i make sure they get somehting veggie!

Normally, if i have a choice of foods, i'll always play it safe and just not eat it.

anyway. dont know why ive just rambled on pointlessly but hey!

Old 04-14-2002, 02:01 PM   #192
azalea
Long lost mooter

Those are two good points, SIC.

If you become a vegetarian, you must make sure you eat a healthy diet, and I always take a multivitamin, too.

Also, it can be awkward when eating at someone's house that you don't know well, and thus doesn't know you don't eat meat, but I always find a couple of things I can eat no matter what, so that I don't appear rude. If nothing else, I eat around or pick the meat out. I never want to make people feel they haven't done a good job entertaining. And since I'm not really "militant" about it, I do it more for my own reasons and not to make a statement, I don't mind if something has touched meat if I'm eating at someone's house. I feel that being a gracious guest is more important than worrying about if I've eaten a bit of meat juice!

That's too bad you get sick! Is it an allergy, did you say?

Luckily I have no food allergies, just a bad dust mite allergy.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:06 PM   #193
Elfmaster XK

I am becoming vegetarian. I have the will to stick to it because i htink its right. The thing is i do want to give these things up Strawberry.

I can live without polos! It's nopt that hard. I like vegetarian meals anyway. i eat them sometimes anyway. Now i shall only eat them. And on being healthy i have multivits as well anyway.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 04-14-2002, 02:06 PM   #194
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I also feel sick at the thought of eating meat. It's not an allergy though, just psychological.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 04:44 PM   #195
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

precisely FF. I have no food allergys and i'm not actually sick, i didnt mean that. Its just I feel like i am going to be and i dont really knoe why. I used to love cheese but now i just cant eat it without regretting it.

And you seem strong enough to be a veggie ElfXK easy! Well its not easy but you get used to it. i'm still really mad about my masala though!!! grrrr.

Old 04-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #196
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I didn't find it hard to give up meat, etc, which probably has a lot to do with my mothers really bad cooking....
Old 04-15-2002, 05:00 AM   #197
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I didn't find it hard to give up meat, etc, which probably has a lot to do with my mothers really bad cooking....
I can cook. Come eat at my place!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 04-15-2002, 05:05 AM   #198
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I don't know, I'm still scarred for life from her overly well done chops. Blech.

Vegetarianism rules, if only for the simple fact that it prevents mother dearest from cooking me a pile of shite, when she manages to force me to visit her for that "Once a year obligatory family visit" day.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:11 AM   #199
Elfmaster XK

In our house if my mum cooks things they are done to perfection....AND BEYOND!!
Yes, i too have suffered the fate
of awful food, black like the plate!
All the food that i hate
Is always black and in an unedible state!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 04-15-2002, 05:15 AM   #200
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Good impromptu poetry, XK!

Well, it's not like I used to dislike the chops, there was just no meat to be found on them, having been burnt to a cinder. It was the gastronimical gravy that used to do it: I used to smell of it for weeks afterwards. And she used to always give it to me, even though I told her several times, that I hated gravy....

Mothers! Can't live with them.... can't live without, oh wait, yes I can!