Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #181
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicirus
Ooopps, should I have not introduced Loytsia if you told her not to go on the rpg?
I never knew you didn't want her up there. I just posted that I greeted her but if you could explain this matter to me then I could have a better understanding of it.
Don't worry Sicirus, you were doing exactly what I told you to do, which was recruit people who introduced themselves. I asked Lostyia not to introduce herself yet, and she ignored that. That's not your fault.

Luthien, Roya...as much as I liked your intro post, Luthien should have gone below decks already, following Pansy and the count. AND, Flannery is inside because it's getting light. So please, make sure you know what's going on before you post.

SUMMARY: XK, Eärniel, Bob, CC, Pansy, Nurv, Tiny, Sarin and Fingolfin are all in my cabin. Luthien, hearing noise turned back to check what it was, and so is not there. I expect you to get there as soon as you can do.

Sicirus, Gulio, Ethuiliel, and Faligorn have left the pub and are walking towards the ship. When you get there you will see Roya talking to Luthien. And you will take over talking to her, so Luthien can come down to my cabin.

Lostyia, whom I must stress I am not pleased with, can follow the crew and catch up with them to talk to SIcirus. However, if she doesn't read this thread, or the posts before hers on the game then I will have to ask Eärniel to do me a temporary favour. She knows what I mean.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-11-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #182
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Arr mayteys, I be afeared.

I spend too much time on the computer, so I'm going to post a lot less than I currently do. Anyone can feel free to godmod my character according to her personality, which I'll quote here:

Quote:
Nurvingiel is an Elf of Mirkwood who is about 3400 years old. She likes adventure, but doesn't quite fit in with other Mirkwood elves. She has travelled quite widely, and likes to see the world by living and working in one place for a length of time. Her most recent job was as a barmaid at the Forsaken Inn.

Nurvingiel avoids having any responsibility like the plague, but will learn a low-ranking job thoroughlly, and do it well. She is fairly shy, and feels awkward when making new friends. She feels as though she's always saying the wrong thing (when in reality it's only half the time). She enjoys eating and drinking a great deal, and often drinks (or eats) too much in social situations to feel more at ease.

Her skills include swimming, trimming (which she is still learning), singing, making rope, literacy in Westron, Silvan, and Sindarin, tying knots (she is still learning more sailing knots), pouring ale, basic cooking, archery, and fighting with swords, spears or daggers (can use two daggers).

Her weaknesses are avoidance of responsibility or leadership, large groups, and drinking too much.
I should also add, that Nurvingiel and Pansy are quickly becoming good friends.

But she can basically quietly go about her business with the sails, including repairing and making new ones (I imagine this would be in conjunction with the quartermaster or someone). I think she'll probably spend a lot of time aloft (above decks), but she'll be useful in a fight. Her weapons of choice are a dagger (which she always wears) and a sword.

That being said, I will still post sometimes.

And Tiny, you don't need to ask permission to cook IMO. The galley is your territory, plus, you have a lot of work to do, and I imagine that you would want to organize the galley the way you like it. You OWN the galley.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #183
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel

That being said, I will still post sometimes.
I hope so, I enjoy your posts

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #184
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
Don't worry Sicirus, you were doing exactly what I told you to do, which was recruit people who introduced themselves. I asked Lostyia not to introduce herself yet, and she ignored that. That's not your fault.

Luthien, Roya...as much as I liked your intro post, Luthien should have gone below decks already, following Pansy and the count. AND, Flannery is inside because it's getting light. So please, make sure you know what's going on before you post.

oops, yeah, my computer didnt want to show previous posts. still doesnt. i begged and pleaded and it just now did. (i administered a kick to it) i think my compy might be dying (AGAIN), so beware if i suddenly dont post for a while...but i will fix my post as much as i can.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 01-11-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #185
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
I hope so, I enjoy your posts
Yay! ^.^

I really enjoy this RPG... I'm suspecting Mooting is one thing I'm not going to cut back on much. Or at least, I'll limit most of my time to the RPG forum.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #186
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I should also add, that Nurvingiel and Pansy are quickly becoming good friends.
*pounces la Nurvi*

Ahem, so what's my official job on the Nal? I dont think I ever specified. I could be a trimmer like Nurv, which would work out well. Try not to forget about us, eh, Nurvi?

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #187
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

School is starting again tomorrow so expect my posting here to drop a bit in frequency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippinTook
Ahem, so what's my official job on the Nal? I dont think I ever specified. I could be a trimmer like Nurv, which would work out well. Try not to forget about us, eh, Nurvi?
Check the first post, Pansy is put down as deck hand.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #188
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Tom Bombadil

oops, sorry i didn't see your post, my computer was acting up, sorry .(i did read the rules earlier and the rpg. really!!!!!! i truly apologise for missing it!!)

anywho i need to share more about my character:
RACE: well, i am a mix: of sprite and kishin (elf) * kishin is a creature much like the elf from another rpg.
LOOKS: well from my mixed breed i have orange and blue hair (ethuiliel- my skin grew even more pale as two millinia and my hair has changed also- the kishin came out as time went by; but don't worry about that in this rpg) her eyes well the original color is a misty blue, but they change accordingg to mood.(very moody)
HEIGHT: six feet or so
SKILLS: when i was young i use to apprentice as a healer, am really good with my hands, and most of all a fighter. use to be a witch but have given up magic as up for five years now. (sorry in character mode)
PERSONALITY: very short temper, refuse to reveal certain aspects of my past, naive and bigheaded, love to laugh at random intervals at a time.

*note: i am not from this land!!! i am from Rathlas!!! (sp) my character was first established in a different rpg.

again i apologise for introducing myself.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/

Last edited by Lostyia Delr-Padroot : 01-11-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #189
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Strider

should i edit my posts in the rp and get rid of what i stated??
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 01-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #190
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

If it is still possible could I join? I haven't read the Game thread yet but will do tomorrow and have read all of this thread.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #191
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Lostyia, I just thought I'd mention, you being fairly new and all. I've only seen you in two Rp's, playing the same character (which is perfectly fine, I've played Pansy many times) but I thought I'd say, you can use multiple characters, not just one in every RP. You probably know this, but seeing as how the two RP's don't fit together being in different worlds and all. But I can understand playing the same character if you like them alot. Pansy's by far the best darn hobbit out there (not that people play hobbits on here very often).

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #192
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I thought I'd posted on here... anyway, I'm intrested in joining, if that's still all right. And I guess I could be... a deckhand. Seems to be the only thing open. Sorry it's sort of late.
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 01-12-2005, 03:35 AM   #193
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippinTook
*pounces la Nurvi*

lol!!

Don't worry Pip, I'm sure we'll have a lot to do together.

Captain: everyone swab the decks
Nurv: that's not in my job description
*is keelhauled*

I to play one character all the time too (and a boring old elf no less! ) except in Lyrd obviously.
Quote:
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 AM   #194
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
If it is still possible could I join? I haven't read the Game thread yet but will do tomorrow and have read all of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirigorn
I thought I'd posted on here... anyway, I'm intrested in joining, if that's still all right. And I guess I could be... a deckhand. Seems to be the only thing open. Sorry it's sort of late.
It's nice of you for wanting to join us, however personally I'd advice against joining at the moment since we have a lot of new posters that are just beginning to get settled 'aboard'. Perhaps it's best to wait a little while and join when things are a wee bit less chaotic.

But Elfmaster XK, as being the game master here, has the final word on it. So she decides.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-12-2005 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #195
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Okay then. That's all right, I don't want to confuse things any more. I'll get Ethi to tell me when I can come back, since she is in it already.
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 01-13-2005, 10:42 AM   #196
Elfmaster XK

Hi everyone. I noticed a bit of confusion in the thread with where everyone was at. So I hope my post has cleared things up a bit.

I left it open for you guys to chat and stuff. And for Luthien to take Bob away. All that stuff. But basically, everyone on deck tomorrow (in game time) for me to address you all, and introduce fully my crew. (Except Flannery, who'll be lurking inside.) For you to intorduce yourselves, for Koroush to return and for me to dish out duties.

Sirigorn and Telcontar, don't introduce yourselves into the thread yet. If you PM me if you're still interested, I have a task which you can use to get introduced, but it will be a while before we're ready for you.

Lostyia, what is done is done. When Koroush introduces himself again (in game) tomorrow then follow him. Just lurk around the area for a bit since you've already introduced yourself.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-14-2005, 12:48 PM   #197
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Aye aye cap'n! PippinTook posed a good question in the game thread.

What are the bunks like? I took them to be wideish shelf bunk things extending from the centre of the room, where there's room to walk, to the hull (or inside of it). She took them as bunk beds, which also works, but in that case, wouldn't we all just have hammoks? It would seem more efficient. Heh...
Quote:
Old 01-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #198
Elfmaster XK

Good question. I didn't mean bunk beds, no. Well, I sort of did. Because the ship isn't very big there are little rooms with two bunks on top of each other. They're not like, beds with posts and stuff though, they're just wooden bases attached to the wall, and together at the corners. Then there's a space in the room, then there's another one on the other side. At the end of each there's two cupboard type things, also in the wall, for your stuff. They're only small though.

I probably did that badly.

I was going to have you all in one big dorm with hammocks, but then thought this way would be better. It allows better bonding between crew, and our ships is small and doesn't need a big crew, so I figured a huge room with a hundred hammocks was unnecessary.

Edit: There's four cabins. One for me, Earniel, Sicirus and the old captain's room. And there's a map room, where Earniel works most of the time. I think I might move Flannery into Eruviel's old cabin, to put Nurv more at ease.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-15-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:36 AM   #199
Earniel

Actually, I have no idea. Pick what you think works best. [EDIT: I see the captain beat me to it]

I think we can take the game to the next morning now. In any case, I'm going to.

BTW, Sicirus, the captain has her own cabin, so do the first and second mates. That way you'll also be able to hide Slo-Mo longer from us.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-15-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #200
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Okay, cool guys! I imagine the cabin is very small. ^.^

In our one, just the way the posts have gone, I imagine that Faligorn and I are on the top bunk, and Tiny and Pansy are on the bottom. (But I want to be with Pansy! We should find some way to switch...)
Quote:
Closed Thread