Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2002, 07:06 PM   #181
Laredith
Enting

Laredith, on the other hand, did not sleep. She tossed and turned as the events of the past few days played and re-played in her mind. What do they mean? she asked herself, And what was that thing? She sat up and looked around. Maew was keeping watch. Well, at least someone was. Everyone else seemed to be able to sleep...everyone, that is, except for Alaird.
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 07:09 PM   #182
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew sat beside Kal's blanket-wrapped body, he felt guilty though he knew there had been nothing more he could've done, and even as it was, she was going to be fine. He knew more bad things would come of this exploit, but he could not explain why.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 08:30 PM   #183
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird stared up at the stars above the hill. He hummed a quiet tune his grandfather Samwise had taught him"...I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell" He sighed and then sat up. He took one look at the sleeping Kal and feared he might have given her too much nightshade. He walked over to feel her forehead. It was cool and her breathing came evenly, he sighed with releif. Maew was standing guard and everyone was asleep.
The hobbit looked around at the stones and could not believe he was standing in an ancient tower where battles were fought. A poem or two came to his mind"Gil galad was and elven king. Of him that harpers sadly sing, the last who's realm was fair and free, beyond the mountains beyond the sea. Gil Galad waited here for Elendil." The young hobbit stood amazed staring at the grey stone walls covered in ivy. He shook his head his eyes filled with wonder and starlight. A tear coursed down his cheek as the sad history of the elves filled his heart, of the fall of Gil Galad and all the beautiful elven works of wonder.
Lothlorien was grey and bleak now without the power of Galadriel who passed over the sea with The Ringbearers. His Grandfather would talk about the Grey Havens and how he wished to see Frodo again. Rivendell from what he saw of it when he went witht he other he saw that it was empty and black. The buildings of the elves were empty and songless but the echoes remained.
He shook himself and then walked over to where Maew was on gaurd. Maew looked up at him and smiled. "Couldn't sleep Alaird?" he asked Alaird nodded" I was restless to see this place. I need to walk about so just in case you thought I was an enemy when I come back." Alaird pulled out a pipe and some pipe weed and handed it Maew. "I dont know if you smoke but you look like you needed some. Just give back the pipe." With that Alaird walked out of the camp. Laredith saw the halfing leave so she rose and followed him. Alaird did not hear Laredith behind him. He walked on thinking of the histor of Middle Earth and how he was part of it.
He finally found what he sought. A small dell with trees a stream and soft grass. Alaird sat down by the stream and stared out into the darkness. Suddenly a twig snapped behind him and he turned. It was only Laredith. He sighed with releif "You need to stop doing that. Especially in this place." He shivered. "You know the Ringbearer was attacked in this dell by black riders." suddenly something came back to him that had been driven out by battles and tending for the wounded"Speaking of the blaggards...The Balck Riders who attacked us. I dont think they were Black Riders, I mean they WERE Black Riders but they weren't if you follow me. The REAL Black Riders struck terror in the hearts of their beholders, and any sword that touched them burned away like wood and the sword arm that bore that sword was cold and lifless for days, and the black breath was DEADLY in strong doese. But THOSE Black Riders did NONE of that to ANY of us. They weren't Black Riders. But If they WEREN'T black Riders What WERE they?"
Laredith shook her head "I do not know friend, but they were evil. Cant you sleep?" Alaird shook his head as he turned to stand "No. I was disturbed by something...I was uneasy and restless. I feel something dangerous. It may just be fear or excitment from all that's been goin' on but it may not be. Why cant YOU sleep?..."
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 08:55 PM   #184
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Long had Halbarad laid wrapped in blankets somewhat removed from the others. Our numbers are too few. If we indeed even make it to the mines, what hope is there that we shall take them back? He heard some soft conversation away to his left and saw that it was Maew and Alaird. After Alaird had left, Halbarad got up and accompinied Maew on the watch.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:59 PM   #185
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

ooc: You and your posts sam

Lara awoke screaming from her dream. The nightmare had come again. As always she was on the battlefield watching her battlion being cut down by a band of orcs and she could not move. Her legs plastered in place and arms as limp as a dead mans. And as always she saw a humongous orc come at her with an axe. Just as she seemed to feel the cool sharp edge of the blade upon her neck, she awoke, cold sweat running down her face and back, screaming loud enough to wake the dead. She had had the dream ever since she had been in the War of the Ring and it never seemed to leave her alone.

Lara sat, her elbows resting on her knees, breathing deep. When she had calmed, she looked to the east. The grey touch of morning was coming upon the night stained sky. The sun was rising. She turned to the west to see Halbarad coming from the now dying embers of the fire.

Lara stood, brushing off her clothes. She smiled at the captain weakly.

"Was that you screaming?" He inquired his eyes worried.

Lara smiled wider. It felt good to have someome worry for her, "Yes I fear," She answered.

"Well what happened?" He questioned further.

"Oh just a dream, a nightmare and nothing more, thank god." Lara said sitting.

Halbarad sat next to her. Lara looked at the captain, his blond hair glinting in the sun. She had never noticed but the Captain was quite handsome. Now that she thought of it she had probably been too overwhelmed to notice anything in the past few days. Halbarad turned to see her gazing at him. Lara looked down at her hands, feeling her cheeks turn crimson with embarresment. She heard the captain laugh.

Lara looked up, trying to look insulted but could not help the traitorous smile that crept up the edges of her mouth, "What?" She asked.

"Nothing, dear Lara, nothing at all," He answered looking to the east.

Lara looked in the same direction, still smiling. Soon though she could feel his eyes on her once again...
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 09:22 PM   #186
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Halbarad couldnt help but to be filled with awe every time he laid eyes on Lara. He saw such an untamed beauty in her. Sighing, yet with a hint of a grin, he looked at the ground.

"When shall we start moving Lara? Dawn is upon us."
Old 06-02-2002, 09:42 PM   #187
Laredith
Enting

OOC: Not trying to be rude, but does there HAVE to be romance in this thing? I'm seriously sensing romance coming on in this story. Ok, now back to the story...

Laredith answered Alaird, "I've been concerned about the strange creature that I saw. I have no idea what it is, and I've let it go away."
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 09:46 PM   #188
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: romance? what where when how? not everything has to be a bloody mess filled with grief,horror, and battle. :P
Old 06-02-2002, 10:09 PM   #189
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
ooc: I think there should be some romance in this and friendships and stuff. I mean look at LOTR, there's romance and friendship and love an' everythin'. It's balanced between war and love. I think it's cool the two are falling for each other. Sigh.

My posts?What's wrong with my posts? Long? Weird? What?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #190
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

The Subplot

Eäráng looked around to find the source of the noise, but none could be found. Brushing some hair out of his face, he entered Khazad-dum.

It was a sight to behold! Khazad-dum was shining with miners fishing out mithril from the rocks. The mithril was very nice to look upon. Eäráng spotted his quarry, even though his quarry didn't spot him. His particular quarry was an Orc, ten times his size, with red facepaint and who looked like a regal (if you could call it that) Orc. It was the one who would have to be destroyed if they were ever going to retake Khazad-dum. He looked back into the shadows, because he heard that noise again. Not even his sensitive Elf eyes could find the source of the noise. He turned, sword drawn, back to the scene below.

It was quite a ghastly scene going on. The Uruk-hai, the last of its breed, was sentencing a rebellious Orc to its death. He took the Madh-shapat (Big Sword in the Black Speech) and sliced the Orc's head right off its shoulders. Eäráng had to look away. He saw the Orc's head jump off it's shoulders, and he didn't ever see it come back. The Uruk-hai was pleased with this turn of events, however, and decided to eat the dead Orc in front of him. Eäráng was getting sick. Then he heard the noise again, that strange, eerie noise that had become so regular to him. He turned, and he was suprised to meet a Dwarf, a Dwarf that had come back to retake that which was Durin's.

"My name is Dorong, son of Dorsond, heir of Durin. I am here to regain the mines of Moria. Why are you here?" The Dwarf asked. Eäráng looked in suprise at the Dwarf. He hadn't known that there was already someone here waiting for him. "I have come to free Khazad-dum, for the Dwarves to have once again." was Eäráng's answer. The Dwarf seemed satisfied with that answer. "Good. Have you brought anyone with you?" the dwarf asked again. "Not with me, but I have friends on their way here." came Eäráng's reply. The Dwarf seemed satisfied with his second answer and didn't ask him any more questions on the matter.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:55 PM   #191
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew followed Halbarad over to where Lara sat, oblivious to or in spite of their self-created privacy. 'A dream you say?' He inquired, concerned. 'Perhaps we should speak more of this while on the move, evil dreams fortell evil tidings, they say, and they are often correct.' Lara, slightly startled by his presence, lightly brushed aside the inquiry, 'No, 'tis nothing to worry about, a foolish nightmare only, I have had it since the War, long before this mission set forth.' Maew was not one to press the issue, but he added this to his growing list of concerns. 'Shall I wake the others then, lady?' Lara nodded, unheedful his switch to formalities. And so he went, recieveing a slightly annoyed look from Halbarad as he did so.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:08 AM   #192
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

After the company had taken food and drink they set off once more. Kal traveled upon the same horse with Maew. They traveled about 150 miles, and by evening they were near to the Loudwater. There they made their camp.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:04 PM   #193
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

The Subplot

Eäráng and Dorong made a pact for the moment, saying that they would work together for the freeing of Khazad-dum. Dorong went stealthily farther into the cave, searching for the Madh-shapat, the master sword of the Uruk-hai. He had made it into the great Chamber, where the Orcs were gathered around the Uruk-hai's feet. He was saying something to them in the Black Speech, but translated it sounded something like this:

"My fellow Orcs, I have you here to tell you something. We have a small army coming this way, made up of men, elves, halflings, and even dwarves. THey are coming to regain the land of Khazad-dum from us. But I tell you now, they will die before they get here! For even now, there have been several Orc attacks on them, and they should be dead by now. They have at least been hurt, and now is our time to strike! Put on your mithril mail! Put on your belts, your swords and shields! We march to the River today!"

The Orcs crowded around his feet gave a big cheer, and then got on their mithril and suited up for the battle ahead. The Uruk-hai would stay there, in Khazad-dum, along with several dozen of their best troops, just in case there was another offense on their way. Eäráng spotted something round: a Palantir, in clear sight of any spy, such as Eäráng and Dorong. the two comrades crouched low, listening in on the Orcs.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:23 PM   #194
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

As the company settled into camp, twoGondorean scouts returned to Halbarad and gave him the news. "There is a large force moving north along the Loudwater sir, atleast thrice our number. They're coming straight in our direction." Startled by the news Halbarad asked, though fearing the answer "Is there any chance they shall pass us by?" the scouts then glanced at one another. "No sir. they are arrayed for battle. They seem to be wearing- wearing mithril." At this Halbarad ran to where Lara was sitting and told her all what happened. "I dont think we have the numbers to defeat this host. The orcs of Moria must have espied our travel. What shall we do?"
Old 06-03-2002, 02:29 PM   #195
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren stood.
"I think we have to think for a moment. Firstly, where is this dwarven host from Erebor and Aglarond that we are to meet? If we find them our numbers will be greatly heightened. Now, all of you go the long way and with stealth get to Moria. I leave you in the hands of our leader Lara and the Gondorean Halbarad. I go to find these orcs!"
He pulled from his pack a coat of dwarvish mithril mail and put it on.
"The orcs may have mithril armour but only the dwarves know how to make chain mail"
He then pulled out a shining breastplate and back plate of a black metal "Galvorn and the only pieces ever made of galvorn. This was Eol's armour." On his head he placed a shining helm of valinorean elf make. He armed himself with a bow of Lorien and his Noldorin sword. Over all he put his grey elven cloak. "My gift from lady Galadriel." he smiled as he fastened the leaf shaped brooch.
"Farewell. We'll meet again!"
Everyone was shocked as Fimbren rode off to find the host of death.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 06-03-2002 at 02:50 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 03:39 PM   #196
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

ooc: Nothing is wrong with your posts sam, I meant that they are usually very long and well written. It was a compliment in my own wierd little way

Lara stared after Fimbren, watching until his horse dissapeared upon the blood red horizon of morning.

"Well Captain," She said turning to Halbarad, "You know we cannot defend against a host thrice our size, if we perchance run into them."

"I believe we should head out now, and not stop till atleast evening." Halabard replied looking out, after the trail of dust the elf's horse made.

"I think that may be our only choice," Lara answered, turning to the rest of the companions, they must ride right then, before time ran out.

The captains rounded up the host, and had them mounted in a quarter hour, and set to the trail. They knew they must make haste before the orcan host found them...
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 05:05 PM   #197
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

i deleted it

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 06-03-2002 at 10:29 PM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 10:21 PM   #198
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

OOC: That doesn't make sense. We hadn't reached Rivendell yet, or we passed it without stoping.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:29 PM   #199
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: so the company was suppose to stop at rivendell? sorry didnt know that

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 06-03-2002 at 10:30 PM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:21 PM   #200
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

The Subplot

This was the time! Dorong and Eäráng got their swords ready for battle. The last of the Orc host had left Khazad-dum, and that left the Uruk-hai and at least 36 seasoned Orc Captains at the great Chamber. Eäráng stepped down to meet them, with Dorong right behind him.

"Who are you, that would come against me in my stronghold of Moria?" the Uruk-hai asked. Dorong replied, "We have come to put this game of yours to an end. You really believe this is your stronghold? You have got to be kidding me." The Uruk-hai laughed at him. "Is that the best you can do? Ha! Your cheap heroics are over. Ashdautas Vrasubatlat (someday I shall kill you)! And that day is today! Prepare to die!" And with that, the large Uruk-hai lifted his sword, the Madh-shapat, and cleaved a large gap in the ground between them, causing the elf and the dwarf to leap back to safer ground. Eäráng answered his Black Speech with some of his own. "Nar Udautas (not today!)! It is you who shall die!" came the elf's answer

"You can't defeat me! I am the almighty Bâshlok, the last Uruk-hai in Arda! I will kill you, then suck you down into my gullet. I will make your short time in Arda a living hell!" The Uruk-hai shouted at them from across the abyss between them. Eäráng and Dorong got ready for the final battle.

Last edited by Eäráng : 06-04-2002 at 09:54 PM.