Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2003, 04:49 PM   #181
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
MADE

the most annoying thing in the world is that tv show on MTV, MADE. It just drives me nuts! People go on there, they want something to happen, and 9 times out of 10 they end up whining about they're coach, or how hard it is.....i mean if you want something bad enough to get on a TV show for it, you shouldnt have a problem with doing a lil bit of work to get your goal right?
Old 07-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #182
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
That sound awful, I'd have to get revenge for that! Who does that to you?
my brother does that sometimes. usually when he's on the computer talking to people late at night. i'm not much for revenge but i guess i could kick him outta my room since that's where the computer is.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #183
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

hmm, not a lot of other peoples actions annoy me, prolly 'cos I've got more than a few odd little quirks myself (my brain has a habit of wandering off into it's own little universe and I sit there oblivious to practically everything around me........I know a few of my friends find this a trifle infuriating ).

Telephone salesmen bug me, I've gotten to the stage now where I say "hang on, I'll just turn the oven off, then we can chat" Then I press the tape player on and let them listen to the soundtrack to The Sound of Music........see how they like being put on hold .......... I know salemen are just trying to earn a living but I know where the shops are and if I feel I need to purchase something I'm quite capable of doing it.........I don't need an invitation from some stranger on the other end of the phone.

Jehovah's Witnesses banging on the door bug me (apologies to any JW's out there) .............. I know that relgious revelation can be a fickle experience..........but I doubt it's gonna apear to me while yer banging on my door at 9am on a Sunday morning

Dress code.......grr........the whole "you must wear a shirt and tie at work" "wear black at a funeral" "don't answer the door wearing nothing but your underpants" etc really bugs the heck out of me............why is the world so hung up on formal dress?......a tie isn't gonna make me work more efficeintly (ftr, I've never worn one for work, they can't sack you for refusing to adhere to a dress code) the person in the coffin won't give a shiney shishkebab if I'm wearing black or not and if I'm supposed to answer the door fully dressed then don't knock at 9am Sunday morning! (yes JW's.......I'm looking at you ).

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #184
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Um, this thread reminds me of this one

little annoyances

and yeah, I still find false affection annoying as well as too many other things to list

but then, I'm highly irritable
Old 07-01-2003, 07:40 PM   #185
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Hmmm...
My sister when she nudges me whenever I even MENTION Elijah Wood.
The worst is when I'm trying to get to sleep and she giggles. I'm in the room right next to hers and she loves staying up all hours of the night (she's 8 years old!!! Her bed time should still be 8:00!!!)...and sometimes she giggles...her giggle is this high pitched squeal that just gets on your nerves. I could strangle her when she does that.
Extremely gitsy girls who glare at me when I talk to a friend like Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, or when I say "Counfound it Samwise Gamgee" under my breath after messing up...what's their problem? I mean it's a free country after all and just because I'm overly dramatic doesn't mean they have to give me laser death rays with their overly make uped eyes!!!
Oh and when people aren't truthful with me, or aren't frank with me, or agree outwardly but inwardly they disagree completely, that is REALLY annoying.
Slainte,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #186
Ruinel
Banned

Re: Annoying!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Annoying: People who call you (generally those cell phone shmucks) and the first thing you here once you say hello is "..oh hold on..."
ROFLMAO! Dude! You need to keep a piece of wrapper from a hard candy in your car or pocket. They call and say hang on... you go 'crunch crunch eh? crunch crunch ca... er... u? crunch crunch ..ad.. onect..n crunch crunch...' hang up.

(I do it all the time. )
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #187
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

People who are nasty to other people. People who treat my friends like dirt. I want to choke them!!! Just because somebody may be different from them doesn't mean they have the right to treat them like dust under their feet!
Girls who walk by me giggling behind their hands like I'm somekinda freak. WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM ANYWAY??
Girls who ask guys out. Is this not the stupidest thing you ever heard of?!
When nobody wants to talk LOTR with me!

P.S. samwise of the shire, what does 'slainte' mean?
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:08 PM   #188
Ruinel
Banned

Annoyance: people from other countries that have never been to the U.S. that put the U.S. down and criticize all the freakin' time!

No country is perfect. Sheesh!
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:07 PM   #189
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I have to repeat myself a whole lot, but I've gotten used to it. I can never really make myself clear, some sort of mumbling/studdering/talking-to-self problem.

But what annoys me the most is *trying very hard not to sound rascist* is when people act, you know, a certain way. I could describe it, but I know it would come out wrong. Just watch MTV.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #190
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

People that dont know anything about Canada (mainly yanks ) and make fun of us all the time. We are pretty much the same as America, just a little different.

Younger siblings are still the most annoying thing in the world though

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #191
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
I have to repeat myself a whole lot, but I've gotten used to it. I can never really make myself clear, some sort of mumbling/studdering/talking-to-self problem.

But what annoys me the most is *trying very hard not to sound rascist* is when people act, you know, a certain way. I could describe it, but I know it would come out wrong. Just watch MTV.
i get it.
i know exactly what it is too.
it's not really about race either, cause i don't think that the people that one aims to be like should behave that way either.
that and:

the whole world doesn't need see what colour shorts you've got on, so pull yer pants up!

for anything else that annoys me, you can find a pretty good list (made by someone else) with explinations at
SITE MAY BE A SMIDGEN OVER PG-13
maddox.xmission.com
(copy &pastey)
Old 07-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #192
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
Younger siblings are still the most annoying thing in the world though
Any sibling is annoying. Period. (unless you are a middle child ).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:16 PM   #193
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasty Ent
Um, this thread reminds me of this one

little annoyances
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'd forgotten all about that thread. I must be getting old.

I'm going to close this thread but you can continue this discussion in the other thread.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:18 PM   #194
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

*bump*

I can't stand to try to dry off with a damp towel. Ugh.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:33 PM   #195
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

So we lost all those other annoyances? Those were good ones. It couldnt have been merged here? Why not include the others?

Annoyance: now ive lost my train of though on replying to a couple peoples posts from the closed thread...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:35 PM   #196
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I suppose I could try to merge them. I've never merged two before, so I hope I don't freak anything up. It's worth a try.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:37 PM   #197
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
I suppose I could try to merge them. I've never merged two before, so I hope I don't freak anything up. It's worth a try.
Ill be your buddy forever.

Oh another annoyance: that i spent 15 minutes doing a search for an annoying thread and actually paged 10 pages deep into the results i got and found nada.... (which means that I guess the word "annoying" is used quite a bit on the moot).

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 07-01-2003 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:40 PM   #198
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Looks like I've got a new best friend.

Success!

Old 07-01-2003, 11:41 PM   #199
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Bravo! you did it. you should be a surgeon. ok Im no longer A Noid.

Old 01-10-2004, 02:56 AM   #200
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

among my list of annoyances are low fat peanut butter, Daylight Savings Time (what a JOKE!) and SWVs!!!!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote