Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2000, 03:38 AM   #181
Gilthalion

Re: What else can I do?

Gilthalion felt ready for some pipe-weed. He sat down heavily in the armchair he had so viciously attacked. Shanamir had kindly lit his pipe for him, but it had gone out. He found some matches in his waistcoat pocket and and lit the pipe.

Unfortunately, the careless little fellow tossed the lit match right into the Cherries Jubilee Flambe before it was supposed to Flambe!

This lit off the rather amaturish homemade flash powder of the red wizard, and though everyone knoww that confectioner's powdered sugar provided much better ignition than the course ganulated variety, still it was sufficiently flammable to proved quite a flash (and smell!) in the secret lair.

The fire quickly began to consume furnishings and cordwood stacked by the hearth. Soon, the entire cavern would be up in flames!

Now, if there's one thing that hobbits understand, that's burrowing. In no time at all, the hobbits of the room (after calling Gil a "Ninnyhammer" and many other hard names) set to work digging an escape tunnel quicker than you could say black bug's blood...
Old 08-31-2000, 04:00 AM   #182
Shanamir Duntak

Why looking strangely at all the buttons and flashing light, Shan started walking toward the cashier.

"Two seats for the Fellowship of the ring please, 19h45"

Then, walking slowly toward Eruve...

"Me feriez-vous l'honneur de m'accompagner voir ce film, très chère Dame?"
Old 08-31-2000, 01:29 PM   #183
Eruve

Mais bien sur, mon cher monsieur! Ca fait longtemps que j'attends ce film!
Old 08-31-2000, 01:59 PM   #184
Shanamir Duntak

They both take a seat.

" Gil told me this had a great taste, and that we should try it."

Eruve enjoys the popped corn Shan brought, while the Sleeman pub starts.
Old 08-31-2000, 04:07 PM   #185
Darth Tater

That french wasn't hard to figure out

Everyone looks up at the marquee as an announcement posted by everyone's NEW favorite admin appears
"Remember the Matrix!"
Old 08-31-2000, 06:30 PM   #186
Elbreth of Carhouth

Especially when half of us know french
Well, I don't know about half of us. I do, although it's a little rusty. A year of not being used.
Old 08-31-2000, 06:47 PM   #187
Gilthalion

I half know French half as well as I should and not half as well as I should like!

I made straight "A's" in French in High School.

I can sing the first stanza of the French National Anthem and do a little simple counting. That's all I learned.

That's American Public Education!

Try some onion salt on the buttered popcorn! The Mrs also recommends ketchup for dipping.
Old 08-31-2000, 07:06 PM   #188
Darth Tater

I haven't had french in three years so it's quite rusty.
Old 08-31-2000, 07:57 PM   #189
Elbreth of Carhouth

I finished my French 30 course last year. Straight A's and a 75$ cheque from the school. My biggest problem is grammer, which you would quickly pick up if you heard me speak french.
Old 08-31-2000, 08:45 PM   #190
Darth Tater

You get money for straight a's? I wish my school did that, then I could afford the stuff I buy for the trail
Old 08-31-2000, 09:59 PM   #191
Bullroarer

Is Gilthalion related to Pippin?
Old 09-01-2000, 02:37 AM   #192
Abigail

I'm learning Hebrew so I'm in the minority as usual.

I kind of like purposeless threads. Interesting subjects always abound...
Old 09-01-2000, 02:52 AM   #193
Niffiwan

*ahem*
the Hobbits want to dig a way out?
They must have forgotten that the building that they're in right now is so high that they cannot see the ground through the glass floor. And the floor itself is teeming with radiation.
It is up to the Hobbits whether they want to continue or not, but I'll give you a hint:
Don't think of the Matrix; that will seriously mislead you.
Old 09-01-2000, 03:18 AM   #194
Sauganast

Yes, take the advice of a Wizard. Eat some delicious peach pie why don't you? It could make for some adventure, even though adventures make one late for dinner. They could lead you to an even better meal than what you were expecting. Tunneling will get you no where, and you would only make my job harder for rescuing you.

Old 09-01-2000, 03:26 AM   #195
Gilthalion

Hot Buttered Popcorn!

The hobbits hardly even noticed, and certainly did not heed the pleading voice of the deluded old wraith. Too much artificial sweetener! It happens every time. The hobbits had little pity for him.

The smell of popcorn was in the air!

They almost all managed to clamber out of the tunnel at the same time, for if there is anything that hobbits are as greedy for as mushrooms, its popcorn. Big delicious buttery puffs, popped in coconut oil, flavored with hot butter, and any seasoning you wanted! Just the thing for filling up the corners and channel surfing. They ran in a pack to the concession stand so they could load up before the movie!
Old 09-01-2000, 03:36 AM   #196
Sauganast

Re: Hot Buttered Popcorn!

After calling the the Wizard whom they reffered to as the "deluded old wraith" and listening to his "pleading voice" while showing "little pity". They race to the concession stand only to be transported instantly to a hole in the ground, not a smell nasty wet hole, nor a sandy dry hole, but a hobbit hole, and that means comfort. Of course it all happened in a burst of blue smoke. Never once has he had this artificial sweetner. The room was set up nice for the greedy little hobbits to enjoy all the food they could ever want and from the room behind them they could hear noises and music.
Old 09-01-2000, 07:47 PM   #197
Bullroarer

Re: Hot Buttered Popcorn!

I was afraid of when I was on a horse!

*Starts trembling*

Don't look down, don't look down!

*Looks down*

Ahhhhhh, @#%$!
Old 09-01-2000, 08:57 PM   #198
Niffiwan

a hint:

Don't be lead astray by what you saw in "The Matrix". The way out is most unusual and frightning.

Do I have the permission to chime in at some time and say whether my victims ( ) have found the way out?

Darth Tater: How am I "artificial sweetener"?! That's not my weapon of choice at all! At least put "Smelly Sugar-Free Orc" or "Smelly Diet Orc".

That just brought up something; do you think Smeagol chose the "Diet Orcs" or the "High-Calorie Orcs" when he ate them?
Must have been the Diet Orcs; look at how skinny he was.
Old 09-01-2000, 11:05 PM   #199
Darth Tater

Re: ...

Since you dislike the title so much it will stay intact

Psst, click next topic!

or ask us to close this place
Old 09-02-2000, 12:07 AM   #200
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: ...

Elbreth queries:
"Why are we to find a way out? Is that not simple?
I know of three."

I will tell of one, and one only. If it is not to work I will continue with the others.

"I see in this room is a piano. Might I have the honour of playing?" Elbreth sits at the piano and begins to play, which she does beautifully. Half way through the song she suddenly exclaims, "Ah-ha!" She has found the right key. Taking this key, she inserts it into the lock, turns it. *click* The door is open!