Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

haha wayfarer
not even once???
have you no heart
Old 02-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #182
Pimpernel
Enting

I almost cried in TTT when Haldir dies, but I hardly ever cry. But I do have v. powerful happy emotions. like in TTT when Gandalf comes with the Rohirrim and Eomer's like, 'Rohirrim!!' and they come crashing down the hill, I raise up my arms like I'm at a frickin sports game. the people behind me in the theater were like 'what the hell.' i think my friend was embarrased, she was like, 'what are you doing?' i say,' I'm cheering for our team! what else would i be doing?' i've done that every time I've seen the movie now (only 5 times boohoo! i wanna c it again!)
i did almost cry again tho, when Smeagol goes back to Gollum w/ Faramir. so sad. and when gollum comes out of the trees at the v. end like, 'come on hobbits.' ahhh...sad things to come. poopoo. i think i might've been on the verge of tears when i read the last lines of TTT. frodo's captured alive and poor sam! poo again! and during the grey havens.
during FotR the film, when i watched the extended version for the 1st time by myself, i didnt hold back at all: i cried when Bilbo 'goes gollum at frodo, poor old hobbit, when boromir dies, when gandalf 'dies', and i think there was another time, but im not sure.
tolkien was a depressed person. most of his friends died in WW1 (or 2 dont kno which one he fought in, sry) and that was when he wrote the books of lost tales. didnt read 'em yet but expect them to be sad too. ME is v. depressing. poo.
whoa, me wrote a lot.
the rambling drunken hobbit
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Pimpernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:50 PM   #183
Laurus Nobilis
Enting

I cried in many moments, and some make me cry even more now that I've reread the book a couple of times and grasp the true meaning of them. Some of the most notorious are:

*When Frodo is about to give up near Minas Morgul, but decides he has to finish what he's doing no matter what.
*When Sam thinks Frodo is dead.
*When Sam discovers they've cut down the Party Tree.
*When Merry cries on Theoden's grave.
*When Elrond tells Frodo he should be among the heroesof old time like Beren.

And I cried throughout all of the Silmarillion... Everyone I liked died horribly.
"...So the essential Quest started at once. But I met a lot of things on the way that astonished me. Tom Bombadil I knew already; but I had never been to Bree. Strider sitting in the corner at the inn was a shock, and I had no more idea who he was than had Frodo. The Mines of Moria had been a mere name; and of Lothlórien no word had reached my mortal ears till I came there. Far away I knew there were the Horse-lords on the confines of an ancient Kingdom of Men, but Fangorn Forest was an unforeseen adventure." ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
Laurus Nobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 PM   #184
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
haha wayfarer
not even once???
have you no heart
I do so! It's the latest model- granite, marble, and titanium.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 02-06-2003 at 10:47 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 05:02 PM   #185
Elfstone.
Hobbit

The purpose

The original post didnt actually mean if you "actually balled your eyes out, crying like a baby." It was more meant to ask of whom felt the truly deep touch Tolkien ignites in his literature. More or less when you read the books did you find yourself, smiling, laughing, getting hyper, shaking, jumping, getting angry, frustrated, and thinking about it 25 hours a day 8 days a week(if you catch me drift).

Basically you do not have to weep to feel the emotions, more or less I myself only felt the 'single tear run down my cheek.' However i am glad to see that in this present day of movies, TV, and anything but literature that people can still be moved by text on a page. Alas, it gives me hope that one day after I'm done going to university for english that i may write something that could touch people too.

davie the dunadan
"Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for I showed the blade re-forged to him. He is not so mighty yet that he is above fear; nay, doubt ever gnaws him."

- When Aragorn son of Arathorn looks Sauron straight in the eyes and Sauron cowers.

Anduril flaming in my right hand.
The Palantir's blue eminating glow in my left hand.
3500 Year's of Kingly Numenorean bloodline flowing through my veins.
Who's your Tyler Durden, now?

Christ Reigns.

Romans 10:9
Ephesians 6
Psalm 91
Elfstone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #186
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Quote:
The original post didnt actually mean if you "actually balled your eyes out, crying like a baby." It was more meant to ask of whom felt the truly deep touch Tolkien ignites in his literature. More or less when you read the books did you find yourself, smiling, laughing, getting hyper, shaking, jumping, getting angry, frustrated, and thinking about it 25 hours a day 8 days a week(if you catch me drift).
You are so right! Tolkien just has the ability to bring out emotion- tearful or no.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:30 PM   #187
Narsil's Master
Elven Warrior

i got mad because it was over

well your on fire now. go team fencing!!!!

fingolfin rox elven sox
Narsil's Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:25 PM   #188
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Narsil's Master
i got mad because it was over
I didn't fill mad, I just felt sorda sad that I was finished, but I new that there were other ME realated books, and that I would still be able to look forward to new movie prevews and junk like that, even though it swarms more over PJ's ME in a way then Tolkien's ME. I also new that I could reread them anytime I wanted to, because for some reason, before I even read any of the books, I had this strange filling that it would be a book that I would like, probally because I had just seen Fellowship the weekend before so, I bought a copy of the seriese +The Hobbit as soon as I saw them on sell. But I was still sad, because I didn't want the book to end, I mean, the mane journy was compleated. After jumping into the seriese for the second time, I noticed that I had missed alot of stuff, and now I have read it 3 times (pritty good for only about 1 1/12 of a year, at least for me, I'm a slow reader) ther is probally alot that I still missed. So I can look forward, always, to finding stuff that is hidden in with the rest.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #189
Elf Girl
Lurker

When I finished it, I cried. I didn't cry when Sam thought Frodo was dead because I went into shock at that point.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #190
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

I sometimes cry when Boromir dies, when Theoden dies, and when Sam thinks that Frodo is dead. But I always cry at the Grey Havens chapter and in the Hobbit when Thorin dies.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #191
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpernel
..... like in TTT when Gandalf comes with the Rohirrim and Eomer's like, 'Rohirrim!!' and they come crashing down the hill, I raise up my arms like I'm at a frickin sports game. the people behind me in the theater were like 'what the hell.' i think my friend was embarrased, she was like, 'what are you doing?' i say,' I'm cheering for our team! what else would i be doing?' i've done that every time I've seen the movie now (only 5 times boohoo!
lol!
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 11:28 PM   #192
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
When I finished it, I cried. I didn't cry when Sam thought Frodo was dead because I went into shock at that point.
That is exactly how I felt when Sam thought Frodo was dead. I was in complete shock and I didn't cry...I don't remember crying when Boromir died though, but I cried when Frodo went to the Grey Havens...that was so sad.
But then again, I'm always emotional in books.

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 04:16 AM   #193
Diamond
Hobbit

It is a rare book that can make me shed a tear. Movies, yes, movies I will once in a blue moon be at the point of making a spectacle of myself (not on purpose, I assure you, remind me to tell you the story about SW2 sometime), but yes; books are a rare thing.

For me, Tolkien is sort of emotionally draining. I'll be all happy and squeefull (i.e. Faramir and Éowyn, I'm pretty sure my teacher thought I was a nutcase when I was sitting in my desk going, "Aw... that's so adorable...") and, lets face it, things can look pretty hopeless at some points. Ups and downs, high points and low points -- its madness, I tell you.

Di
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 04:31 AM   #194
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

The books that make you cry, diamond- are they printed on onionskin paper?
Old 02-09-2003, 10:41 AM   #195
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Onionskin paper lol...Are you saying that you've never cried while reading a book, like LoTR, Wayfarer?

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 06:49 PM   #196
Diamond
Hobbit

Perhaps. Its usually only if I'm really attached to a character and they die or summat. Or if they situation is particularly hopeless and if I'm in a crying mood. Just sort of depends.

Di
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:33 PM   #197
The Lady of the Wood
Enting

Sam Gamgee

i didnt cry at the end, but i was really close to crying.i was like no!this cant be the end of LOTR!i wish there were more!

Quote:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that are strong do not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring!
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King!

Òevil will always triumph, because good is dumb.Ó

-darth helmet

donÕt count on me to let you know when.donÕt count on me, ill do it again. dont count on me, the point youre missing, donÕt count on me, cause im not listening.

Òyou insult me with your presenceÓ
The Lady of the Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:14 PM   #198
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lady of the Wood
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that are strong do not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring!
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King!
[COLOR]
Where dose that come from? My teacher has a poem like that in her room at school, but this one sounds a little bit diffrent? ?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:34 PM   #199
Seladeen the Hobbit
Sapling

Nazgul

When Aragon, Legolas and Gimli sang that song about Boromir, I think that is the time i cried. It was so sad.
Seladeen the Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:48 PM   #200
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

well i never really cried but i thought it sucked when sam just left frodo and sam seemed all sad...wel yea i cried at that part but im very emotional
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote