Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 01:42 AM   #181
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Elbreth - ok, I shall do that! Right now the group is hunting a band of mercenary's led by one called the Grim Wolf, who have a number of slaves (including Tal's sister.)

Tesseract - Sure, that looks like a great entry! Just try to remember we don't want too much power in the adventure, so try to limit the fireball hurling and such. Glad to have you along, though!
Old 09-01-2001, 06:30 AM   #182
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok thanks for ponting that out to me (all I wanted was a cool carector but nooooo) lol im just kidding. if any one cares to look I modifyed my carector to be less cool ummmm I mean less unrealistic
Old 09-01-2001, 06:32 AM   #183
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

*I've never seen An'tiar, is that right?*

As Irid and the rest got to the others, she saw some new faces.

"Ok, Tal, who is that? Is that one of the others, or what. And the little brad?"
"Yes, that's An'tiar. I haven't seen the boy before."

Irid looked a bit better to the boy. It was an elf, but a very young one, even much younger then herself. As she spoke to him, her voice went a little softer, as if she knew that she had spoken too hard.

"Sorry for being a bit rude. I've recently lost some friends of mine."

At that moment, 3 orcs jumped out of the bushes. Emediatly, she drew her sword, and as Tal took care of the one at one side of hers, she saw that the other one was killed by the wolves. When it was over, the wolves came and sat next to her.

"Well, you must be an important boy, if those losers were after you. Tell me, how does that come?"
Old 09-01-2001, 06:49 AM   #184
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

ooc: ookkkkaaaayyyy think fast lol.

"Well ummmm" *how much can I tell them?* the boy wandered
*just make sompthing up* "well you see my parents were both powerfull wizerds so I guess they thought that ummmmm well uhhhh" *oh good job braniac. think fast* "ummm well they might maybe think I hade sompthing of grate value which of corse I dont I mean what would a kid like me be doing with sompthing like a magic gym I mean its just totly imposebul and whel ummm ahhhhh you seeeee we werrrrr really just ummmmmm" the boy was sweting profusly and blurted out "WE WERE GOING TO VISIT MY UNCUL! REALLY I DONT HAVE A MAGIC GYM AND I NEVER HAVE!" *they didnt buy it* the others stared at him with lookes that sayed "nice try but no dice" the boy looked gloomy "oh well i guess i alredy told you why the orks are chasing us im not a very good lier i have never had to lie before"

OOC: ok im making this up cus this is all i could think of. magic gyms are like a power boost for magishans so it was important that the bad guys didnt get it.
Old 09-01-2001, 07:18 AM   #185
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

*ok, sure *

Irid shook her head. The boy's last statement was pretty obvious. She turned to the new chosen leader of the wolfpack, asking him to let some wolves search the area to look for other orcs. Some wolves ran into the forest.

"No matter why they chased you. They did, so that probably means you're not one of His servants, though I couldn't have imagined that from another elf. But the decision is up to you, Tal. Do we protect him, yes or no?"
Old 09-01-2001, 10:02 AM   #186
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon looked inquisitively into Shelina's eyes, not an easy feat being a league high in the air.

"A quest? From Edlyn? What do you know of this?"

"I have no idea."

Arcon thought over that.

"Quests, either they head for the Iron Fortress in the north or they seek to disperse a scatter of broodlings," he wondered aloud. Turning once more to Shelina with an urgency, "Tell me, who and where are the Dark Lord's allies in these parts?"
Old 09-01-2001, 11:37 AM   #187
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Shelina glanced down at the trees below. "I'm not sure about most of them, but I know there's a large orcish band two leagues that way," she pointed off to the right. "There are smaller bands here and there dotting the forest, but that's the main one. Vardor does not command very many troops in these parts, he never was one for large bulky armies unless there was a serious need for them. These are under the command of some other general of Morgoth's possibly coming with the goal of wiping Edlyn out. It is the closest enemy held fortress in the area, and he might consider it worth heavy losses to wipe it out. Having it there is a bit of an embaressment," she added with a small smile.

Erenfor turned his gaze towards the boy who'd just entered the clearing, and his eyes narrowed. "Spies come in all shapes and sizes. Never trust again. Not after her. Should have killed her when I last saw her; but I tried, seriously, El'nela."

He glanced warily at the boy again, but the young fellow seemed to have fallen into conversation with the wolf maiden. She could be trusted, he was pretty sure of that. If no one else, she could be trusted. What was her name? He'd heard it before . . . His memory drifted away from the topic, back to past circumstances, as it was want to do.

"El'nela, we should not have trusted Shelina," he whispered. "We hunt you, but the crimes that have been done cannot be forgiven. NOOO!"

The orcs lunged forward, smacking aside the other slaves. The slaves around Erenfor drew their swords, their resistance, as prepared by El'nela and Erenfor had been well planned and supplied. How had this happened? Their plans had been so perfect!

Erenfor was unarmed, as was El'nela. Quickly he put himself in front of her, to protect her. He had grown to care for her more over the past three weeks they'd spent together.

Reaching out, he seized a poker from the fire and held it in front of him, as he would have a sword when he'd been Guard Warrior in Doriath. A prisoner he had become, taken during its fall. But he could wield any weapon available to him with deadly effect. "COME NEAR, ORCS! COME TO ME AND MEET YOUR DEATH!"

The orcs fell back, glancing at each other in worry. The last, the strongest of the slaves gathered around Erenfor, their leader.

A man in black robes stepped out of the crowd, turning his eyes like twin icycles upon Erenfor's face. "You have long escaped notice, Guard Warrior. Your rank was unknown until recently, but that was not the only thing which had cast suspicion upon you."

"Vardor," Erenfor breathed. "I should have known you'd lead this scum."

"My name is known to you?" the man in black asked in surprise. "Just as well. Orcs, attack. But I want those two alive," he said, pointing a finger.

The orcs lunged, and Erenfor fought on in the blind heat of the battle. "For Doriath!" he screamed, his voice hoarse and the weight of numbers bearing him down. He stabbed, and that was one less body clawing at him. He gouged an eye, a leg, and arm. Another body released its grip. "For Doriath! For honor and for Doriath!" The weight of bodies crushed him.

Erenfor grimaced in pain. "For Doriath," he mumbled. "For Doriath. For honor and for Doriath. El'nela! You think you can hide your identity from me, Vardor?" he asked, tears beginning to leak out of his eyes. "No, I identified you. If only I had died with the others!"

Tal looked at him oddly.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-01-2001 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-01-2001, 07:00 PM   #188
Elbreth of Carhouth
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

"He can stay with me," An'tiar spoke bluntly. It was far from her wont to speak aloud when the others were around, it made her uncomfortable.
The others looked at An'tiar oddly, she was a malingerer, they thought. No one really knew why she'd joined the group, she just kind of tagged along. Well, if the elf-lad was staying with her, he couldn't be that much trouble.... could he?
Old 09-01-2001, 07:27 PM   #189
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Strider

"Well I guess you all want to see the Magic Gem?" the elf boy sayed. As he sayed that he reached inside his cloke and puled out a deep blue gym which showen with an inner light
"my parents were going to give this to some one but I dont know who they never told me" "how did you come by it if it was your parents?" asked Tal "well I wanted to see what it looked like so I took it whill my parents were asleep and as i was looking at it we were atacked" the boy sayed. then turning to An'tiar he thanked her for leting him go with them.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:19 PM   #190
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon drooped his head sideways in concentration and hissed softly to the drake.

"We fare east, my precious, and keep thy gleaming eyes peeled for enemies abound."
Old 09-02-2001, 10:57 PM   #191
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Tal shakes his head as he shoulders his pack, and looks over the group once more. The boy was young, but it seemed like he could contribute enough, as it were. And it seemed nowhere was safe, anyway.

He glanced behind him to see the boy chatting, excitedly, with Antiar and Dain, and Tal smiled softly. The dwarf was much more of a cheerful spirit than Tal was, though few would guess that at first.

Tal turned, in silence, while the other's talked and followed, and walked onward, waiting for dark to come.
Old 09-03-2001, 05:58 AM   #192
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid saw Tal walking alone. She left the boy with Antiar, and walked next to him. He didn't seem to be in a mood to speak, so she didn't say anything, just walked besides him, her hand on the head of Runner, the new leader of the Wolves. Behind them, the sounds were happy.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:32 AM   #193
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"What are your plans?" Shelina queried as they flew farther, and the dragon began to get closer to the ground. "And where exactly are we going?"

Steward glanced at the boy who was traveling with them and shrugged. Although he didn't entirely trust the child, An'tiar and Dain certainly appeared to have taken a liking to him. They didn't seem to realize as yet that spies for Morgoth came in all shapes and sizes. The kid would bear watching. As would the insane elf. He still had the worry that Erenfor might stab them all in their sleep, thinking they were orcs.

And there was peril ahead of them and peril behind. Steward sighed and rubbed his forehead with a gnarled hand. "Are the adventures and quests always this way?" he asked himself quietly.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:02 PM   #194
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

The boy was happer than he had been in a long time. the dwarf seemed to like him and the boy certanly liked him and the dwarf had some interesting storys to tell. An'tiar was interesting as well but she wasent as talkative as the dwarf. *how odd that a dwarf should like an elf so much* he thought *now now lets not be to set mineded its just MOST dwarfs that dont realy like elves not all dwarfs* sudenly the boy felt a hand grab him from behinde and yank him back wards! the boy tryed to yell but a hand went over his mouth "now Iv got you you littel spy" hissed the mad elf "you wont be spying on us any more" an arm slid around his neck and sckweesed. th elf strugeled but he was not very strong and so his strugels had no efect sudenly he grabed his dagger and it was a small elf blade (it looked a lot like sting but it isent you see i think that ther was more than one of that kind but dont worry im not making him super powerful, he dosent know how to use it properly) he grabed his dagger and stabed behined him but the elf grabed it with his free hand and put it aside the world was going dark when the boy mutered the magic words "help help" (ok yes i got that from the game. so sue me lol) but insted of a muter when the words reached the company the sounded more like a yell. every one turend arund and saw the mad elf strangeling the boy!

OOC: hey dont ask me how the mad elf got free maybe he has a dagger or sompthing.

Last edited by Tessar : 09-03-2001 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:35 PM   #195
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon stared at Shelina mockingly.

"You have a short memory. You it was who pointed out this territory towards me, where the Orcs have their camp."

Glamdin landed on the ground in another forest and Arcon and Shelina hastily climbed down. Shelina quickly clambered a little further from the drake but Arcon whispered to it and he came forth with Glamdin.

"We shall have eyes in the sky. Glamdin will look out for Orpholin, he whom your master hates." Then he scowled coldly. "But we are in the company of Orcs. Never have I borne any love of them, for they deprived me of a cheerful childhood and life. Nay, I shall take to the skies with him and await the tidings you bring when you return to this glade."

Justified was his claim, for the years passed had failed to dim his burning hatred of the Orcs, the vile creatures who had razed his hometown to the ground and supposedly killed all its inhabitants and his kin. The vile creatures...never had he spared any he met and now he doubted the credibility for his quest, for he was now allies with them. Yet also in his mind, he was amused that a young maiden like Shelina would journey into the company of Orcs alone.

He mounted Glamdin and cautiously started to leave.

*OOC, hey can I replace and continue Folstan? I just had some ideas to write him into the roleplay and the ending.*
Old 09-05-2001, 12:40 AM   #196
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Shelina scowled at Arcon's back. So he'd brought her here simply to drop her off ? She could get along plenty well without the assistance of orcs, it had been Arcon who brought them up in the first place. Well if he wanted to split up like this, and without asking her, fine. She could get along plenty well without him. She'd been assigned this mission alone in the start, she could continue it alone.

She fingered her dagger's hilt and scowled at the leering orcs as they stepped closer. "Keep back. I am trained by Morgoth's servants and work for them. If you harm me, you will anger him."

One of them laughed as it stepped closer. A foul, guttural noise.

Shelina's old fear dragged itself up, and only with great effort did she manage to squeeze it down again. But she was on the verge of panic. She had been brought through terror and out again too frequently for it to simply go away, and she could feel the flashbacks preparing to come back. Of these horrible creatures, as they tortured her . . .

She pressed down the memories desperately, trying to forget, to focus. If she did not, she was lost. "Have you ever heard of a dragon not serving Morgoth? And how often is it that dragons allow themselves to be ridden, even by servants of Morgoth? Only someone with rank and importance would be allowed such. And there are other ways to prove it.

"Do you serve the Dark Lord loyally, or no? Are you the treacherous swine you're leading me to believe you to be, hindering one of the Dark Lord's servants? I seek a man named Orpholin, who is an enemy of Morgoth. Do you know of his whereabouts?"

"No," one of them said slowly in the orcish tongue. He looked at his comrade hesitantly, apparently uncertain now. Best to keep it that way.

She drew her dagger and took a step closer, a menacing glint in her eye. "Search your memory, vermin. Search it hard and closely, and pray that you succeed."

The orc looked even more uncertain. He was used to terrorizing people like her, and being spoken to in this manner was totally different from everything he was used to. "Now listen . . ." he growled, but cut off sharply with a strangled sound as she raised the dagger's point to his chin.

A small flicker of confidence flashed through Shelina. These brutes were cowards at heart. Most of them, anyway, and she was lucky enough to have met one of the weaklings.

"No, I've never heard the name Orpholin! Never!" he lowered himself to his knees, his eyes wild with fear.

His comrade looked hesitant to.

"What's this? You allow yourselves to be faced down by the slip of a girl?" A man stepped into the clearing, covered from head to foot in dark armor. But there was something else about him that made him a man to be feared.

The orcs backed away from him and he stepped forward. "What has discipline come to?" he asked calmly.

"Who are you?" Shelina asked quietly, lowering her dagger from the orc's throat.

"You can call me Grim Wolf," the tall man answered. "I serve the Dark Lord to, in my own way. I am simply passing through, and I am, shall I say, surprised to see someone like you facing these down," he said, motioning to the orcs.

"You aren't their captain?" Shelina asked in surprise, and the man laughed.

"No, hardly that." He extended an arm. "Come here, and we will talk."

*She will tell him the truth about her mission without any need for persuasion.*
Old 09-05-2001, 03:55 AM   #197
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon watched Shelina till she was out of sight. Then he dismounted and climbed swiftly up a tree. Glamdin, he had long instructed to circle the skies and espy a company of travellers and thus did Glamdin finally take flight. But Arcon, he climbed cautiously from tree to tree after the path of Shelina.

Thus did he finally arrive at the clearing and see Shelina talking with a thickset armoured man. The man, he did not care, but he looked at the Orcs and a burning hatred was rekindled in his heart. They, destructors of his childhood, tainters of his sanctity, tormenters of his mind, body and soul since the beginning of his time. He stared coldly at them without emotion and he was overwhelmed by his sadness, that which he had buried long in his mind for it nearly drove him mad.

He withdrew a dart and flicked it at a kneeling Orc. Curse this mission for now, he thought darkly, he had a bone to pick with these foul broodlings, and perhaps only a whole host of dead Orcs could satisfy his bloodlust.

---------------

The Orc fell to the ground, a poisoned dart stuck in his neck. It was merciless, for the dart was thrown at a strength to torture to death, not a quick and easy kill. He spasmed and squirmed on the ground and clutched his black heart. Then he gave a huge yell, that of one who leaves the Circles of the World, and moved no more.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:40 AM   #198
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

OOC: Selwythe, I don't think anyone would mind if you took up Folstan. Feel free to do so!

IC:

Grim Wolf led Shelina to a small clearing, out of sight of the orcs, who looked in fear at both of the travelers, and kept their distance.

Turning back to Shelina, he crossed his arms, and said, "Tell me, then, of what your mission is. I doubt you will find the help you need from this ragged bunch, and though time is precious, I may be able to lend aid."
Old 09-05-2001, 10:43 AM   #199
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Tal siezed the mad elf, restraining the man as he cried out, babbling. With a grunt, Tal lifted him off the ground, and held the flailing form their until it calmed down. Dropping him back to the ground, Tal grimaced, and turned to Dain.

"This one is becoming dangerous. See to it he is restrained and watched from here out."

Dain nodded, grabbing some rope from his back, and hoisting up the limp form of the elf, who had apparently falling into unconsciousness. Shaking his head, he bound the elf's arms, and tossed him over one shoulder before the group continued on.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:25 AM   #200
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

finaly! thank you my littel carector was running out of air!
Closed Thread