Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:39 PM   #181
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Utterly defeated, the ORC's retreated to the safety of the main lobby, some on foot, others on small bicycles, until they clustered around Barry Rog, wielding a contract of management more powerful than any seen before. he strode up to the door, laid his hand on the ring, and perceived gandalf, and the pop-song that gandalf was chanting to close the doors.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #182
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
"Buddy you’re a boy
Make a big noise playing in the street
Gonna be a big man someday
You got blood in your face, big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place

Singing we will, we will rock you
We will, we will rock you

Keep the beat up, why, I’m gonna turn your heat up
Gonna get you on the floor, gonna burn your feet up
Rocking you like I never rocked you before
Like the way I do got you screaming for more

We causing utter devastation
When we stepping to the place
And better believe that you can see
We’re gonna rock and never stop

And here we go again
Hit you with the flow again
Kick it up the second time around
We’ll bring it on again – shout it out

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

Buddy, you’re an old man, poor man
Pleading with your eyes
Gonna make you something someday
You got mud on your face, big disgrace
Somebody better put you back in your place

Singing we will, we will rock you
We will, we will rock you."
Old 01-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #183
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yet even as this song sounded from the door Aragorn picked up Frodo and Gandalf replyed to the song only with a chorus for time was short.

We are the champions my friend
And we'll keep on fighting to the end.
'Coz we are the champoins
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Coz we are the champions
Of the world.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 01-13-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #184
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

You've done me wrong, your time is up.
You took a sip (just a sip) from the devils cup.
You broke my heart, there's no way back.
Move right outta here baby. Go and pack your bags.
Just who do you think you are?
Stop acting like some kind of star.
Take it like a man baby if that's what you are.

'Cos I'm moving on up. You're moving on out.
Movin' on up. Nothing can stop me.
Moving on up. You're moving on out.
Time to break free. Nothing can stop me,
Yeah.

They brag a man has walked in space,
but you can't even find my place.
Mmm there ain't nothing (not a thing) you can do
'cos I've had enough of me baby being part of you.

This time you've gone too far.
Take it like a man baby if that's what you are

'Cos I'm moving on up. You're moving on out.
Movin' on up. Nothing can stop me.
Moving on up. You're moving on out.
Time to break free. Nothing can stop me,
Yeah.

The counter-spell sung by Barry Rog was so powerful that Gandalf was thrown back down the stairs, with most of the ceiling collapsing in on the chamber.
"What is it?" asked Aragorn
"I do not know," siad Gandalf, "It seems to be some shadowy shape, I fear Balin's virtual tombe is buried for all eternity, let us hope that that something else is also buried in there, go on I will try to hold it back"
"We cannot leave you to hold the door alone!" said Aragorn
"Do as I say!" said Gandalf Fiercely, "Power tools are no more use here. Go!"
Old 01-13-2005, 03:32 AM   #185
Telcontar_Dunedain

As they raced down the stairs, hearing Gandalf replying to Barry Rog in a deep and loud vooice.

We are the Champions my friend
And we'll keep on fighting to the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
Of the world
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 01-13-2005, 01:40 PM   #186
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Suddenly at the top the stair there was a stab of white light. Then there was a dull rumble and a heavy thud. Doom boom dooom-boom came the sound that shock the walls and then faded. Gandalf came flying down the stairs and fell to the ground in the midst of the Homies.

"Well, well! That's over!" he said struggling to his feet."I've done all that could. I've met my match and have nearly been destroyed. But don't stand here! Go on! You will have to do without light for a while, because it was damaged in my tumble down the stairs. I am rather shaken. Go on, go on! Where are you, Gimli? Come ahead with me! Keep close behind, all of you!"

They followed Gandalf down the stairs and at lenght came to a great hall. In the midst of which was a great rift. Tongues of fire licked the edges of it. On the other side, stood the ORC unionist. The Homies were safe for the moment. At the further end of the great hall there was a slender bridge.

"That is the Bridge of Escape. Come, let's run now and soon we will be out of here." said Gandalf.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-15-2005 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #187
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

As they reached the bridge, a great rumbling was heard, the ranks of the ORC Unionists had opened, and they crowded away, as if they themselves were afraid. Something was coming up behind them. What it was could not be seen: it was like a great shadow, in the middle of which there was a dark form, of man-shape maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and go before it.

Boromir leaned in close behind Gandalf, "What is this new devilry?" he exclaimed

"he is Barry Rog," said Gandalf "A managing director of the ancient world!" he went on "this foe is beyond any of you! fly!"
Old 01-15-2005, 05:18 AM   #188
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

They ran onto the Bridge, but Gandalf stayed.
Aragorn and Boromir stayed with him.

"Where you stay, we remain." they said determindedly.

"No, this foe is to great for you. Go with the others. I'll soon be with you."

Two great construction workers had laid huge stones over the rift and the ORC unionist rallied to cross when Bally Rog jumped over the rift and came to a stop confronting Gandalf.

"Old man, you should not have returned." he said.
"This will be your undoing."

"I am the Wielder of the Secret Brand of X, The keeper of Itchy Powder, Bane of the ORC. You shall not pass."
said Gandalf.

A great clash could be heard as their weapons met. Then Gandalf retreated a step.

"You shall not pass." he repeated and with that he slammed his staff down onto the bridge which broke off at the point of impact just by his feet.

Bally Rog fell with bridge but just as he fell he threw his whip which thong caught Gandalf around the knees dragging to the edge and over it. Gandalf just held on with his fingertips.

"Gandalf!" shouted Aragorn and Boromir and ran back to aid him.

"FLY YOU FOOLS!" shouted Gandalf as he slipped into the abyss.

The Men and the others turned and ran along the remains of the Bridge and came to a outer hall at which end there was The Eastern Gates.

As they came to them they were confronted by ORC security guards which they promptly slew.

|
|
V
Book 2.6: Lothlorien

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:12 AM   #189
Telcontar_Dunedain

"Come," shouted Aragorn, running back acroos the crumbling bridge.. "We must obey his last command. I will lead you know."
He lead them up the steps where they encountered a company of ORC unionists. Aragorn slew the leader and the rest fled in fear of his wrath.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #190
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

They ran out into the Sun and stopped, slightly short of breath.

"You must stand by Durin's stone and look into the Mirroring Pool where the Token of Balin lies until he wakes." Gimli said.

"Well, do tarry, but not too long. It is perilous." said Aragorn.

Gimli and the hobbits went over to the Stone and looked into the Pool. Frodo thought he saw something shimmering at the bottom.

occ: Thanks, TD

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-15-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #191
Telcontar_Dunedain

OOC: GW, it's Durin's stone.

It was a penny.
"This was where Durin first cast a penny into water, and here may it lie to the world's ending," Gimli whispered to Frodo and Sam, who had wanderd over following Frodo like a puppy dog.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 01-15-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:08 AM   #192
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Alas! I fear we cannot stay here longer." said Aragorn. He looked towards the mountains and held up his Power-drill."Farewell, Gandalf!" he cried."Did I not say to you: If you pass the doors of moria, beware. Alas, that I spoke true! What hope do we have without you?"

He turned towards the Homies."We must do without hope." he said."At least we may yet be avenged. Let us gird ourselves and weep no more! Come! We have a long road and much to do."

They rose and looked about them. Northward the dale ran up into a glen of shadows between two great arms of the mountains, above which three white peaks were shining: Celebdil, Fanuidholm, Caradhras, the Mountains of Moria.

"Yonder is the Dimrill stair." said Aragorn, pointing towards a waterfall which flowed at the mountains's feet."Beside it we would have decended had fortune been kinder."

"Or Caradhras less cruel." said Gimli."There he stands smiling in the sun."
he shook his fist at the furthest of the peaks.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #193
Telcontar_Dunedain

"Umm Aragorn," said Frodo. "You never said that to Gandalf. He would have listened to you. It's your fault he's dead!
"Come on Frodo." replied Aragorn. "Let's not play the blame game. You didn't say that either."
"Oh yeah. I'll be quiet now," said Frodo.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:20 PM   #194
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

all of the homies looked dejected after the loss of their leader in the fight with the MD of the Organized Railway Company, until they turned their heads away from the subways, and glanced down upon the hippy commune of Lothlorien.

The road now turned south and went quickly downwards, running out from between the arms of the dale. some way below the mere they came on a deep well of water, clear as crytal, from which a freshet fell over a stone lip and ran glistening and gurgling down a steep rocky channel
Old 01-17-2005, 04:45 AM   #195
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The Homies had walked a long way and Aragorn, in his concern to get away from the ORC, had pressed on. When he noticed that Frodo, aided by Sam, was falling behind, he stopped and rushed back to them.

"Frodo and Sam, you should have spoken, we have done nothing to ease you hurts. Come, over there is a small freshet. We'll stay and refreshen ourselves and I'll see to your injuries. Come, Boromir, we shall carry them."

The men carried the hobbits over to the falling water. Aragorn washed their dirty faces and moved to take off frodo's tunic.

"No, I'm all right. I only need to sit down for awhile." Frodo said, reluctant to have the Homies see what lay beneath.

"Oh, no, we must see how you fared between the hammer and the anvil of the Enemy." Aragorn persisted, easing off the tunic from Frodo. He gave a gasp and laughed. Underneath shimmered the Mithril Body Armour. He removed it and saw the bruises left by those small metal object shot from tha strange weapon of that huge ORC unionist.

He held it up and it glittered in the sunlight.
"If it was known to the world that hobbits had such precious skins, armies of hunters would come rushing to the Shire." he said.

"And the arrows of those hunters would be in wain. A Mithril Body Armour! Is this the MBA that Gandalf spoke of. Then he undervalued it. But it was well given." said Gimli, looking in wonder at the shimmering MBA.

"I always wondered what you two where talking about in Bilbo's room just before we left. Now I know, and love him all the more for it." said Merry.

"It is marvelously light. I'm glad that you wear such a protection. If it doesn't cause to much hurt you should wear it all the time while the Quest lasts. Perhaps when you know that you'll be safe for a while you may remove it which won't be too often." Aragorn said and bound some soft pads at a particularly angry bruise and helped Frodo put the MBA on again.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-17-2005 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:46 AM   #196
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Then they had eaten the Homies got ready to go on. They put out the fire which they had lit and hid all traces of it. Then climbing out of the dell they took to the road again. They had not gone far before the sun sank behind the westward heights and great shadows crept down the mountain-sides.

Dusk veiled their feet, and mist rose in the hollows. Away in the east the evening light lay pale upon the dim lands of distant plain and wood. Sam and Frodo now feeling eased and greatly refreshed were able to a fair pace, and with only one brief halt Aragorn led the Homies on for nearly three more hours.

It was dark. Deep night had fallen. There were many clear stars, but the fast-waning moon could not be seen till late. Gimli and Frodo wear at the rear, walking softly and not speaking, listening for any sounds upon the road behind. At length Gimli broke the silence.

"Not a sound but the wind." he said."There are no ORCers near, or my ears are made of wood. It is to be hoped that they'll be content with getting us out of Moria. And maybe that was all their purpose, and they had nothing else to do with us - with the Package. The ORCers will often pursue foes for many leagues into the plain, if they have a fallen Head of Security Board to avenge."

Frodo did not answer. He looked at Sting - and it did not radiate. Yet he had heard something, or thought he had. As soon as the shadows had fallen about them and the road behind was dim, he heard the quick patter of feet.
Even now he heard it. He turned swiftly. There were two tiny gleams of light behind, or for the moment he thought he saw, but at once they slipped aside and vanished.

"What is it?" asked the dwarf.

"I don't know." answered Frodo."I thought I heard feet, and I thought I saw a light - like eyes. I thought so often, since we entered Moria. But I didn't want to bother Gandalf with it."

Gimli halted and stooped to the ground.
"I hear nothing but the night-speech of plant and stone. " he said."Come! Let us hurry! The others are out of sight."
Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #197
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

ooc: this is brilliant! i cant post much till i get home tonite tho
Old 01-18-2005, 04:26 AM   #198
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The night-wind blew chill up the valley to meet them. Before thema wide grey shadow loomed, and they heard an endless rustle of leaves like poplars in the breeze.

"Lothlorien!" cried Legolas."Lothlorien! We have come to the eaves of the Golden Wood. Alas that it is winter!"

Under the night the trees stood tall before them, arched over the road and stream that ran suddenly beneath their spreading boughs. In the dim light of the stars their stems were grey, and their quivering leaves a hint of fallow gold.

"Lothlorien!" said Aragorn."Glad I am to hear again the wind in the trees! We are still little more than five leagues from the Main Entrance, but we can go no further. Here let us hope that the virtue of the Elves will keep us tonight from the peril that comes behind."

"If Elves indeed still dwell here in the darkening world." said Gimli.

"It is long since any of my own folk journeyed hither back to the land whence we wandered in ages long ago." said Legolas."But we hear that Lorien is not yet deserted, for there is a secret power here that holds evil from the land. Nevertherless its folk are seldom seen, and maybe they dwell now deep in the woods and are far from the northern border."

"Indeed deep in the wood they dwell." said Aragorn and sighed as if some memory stirred him."But we must fend for ourselves tonight. We will go forward a short way, until the trees are all about us, and then we will turn aside from the path and seek a place to rest in."

He stepped forward; but Boromir stood irresolute and did not follow.
"Is there no other way?" he said.

"What other fairer way would you desire?" said Aragorn.

"A plain road, though it led through a hedge of swords." said Boromir.
"By strange ways has this Band of Homies been led, and so far to evil fortune. Against my will we passed under the shades of Moria, to our loss. And now must enter the Golden Wood, and it is said that few come out who once go in; and of that few none have escaped unscathed."

"Say not unscathed, but if you say unchanged, then maybe you speak the truth." said Aragorn."But lore wanes in Gondor, Boromir, if in the city of those who once were wise they now speak evil of Lothlorien. Believe what you will, there is no other way for us - unless you would go back to Moria-gate, or scale the pathless mountains, or swim the Great River all alone."

"Then lead on!" said Boromir."But it is perilous."

"Perilous indeed." said Aragorn."Fair and perilous; but only evil need fear it; and those who bring some evil with them. Follow me!"
Old 01-21-2005, 08:56 AM   #199
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Then Aragorn waved everyone forward and onward . . . ever the captain, he looked smashing and seemingly knew it this day. With a joyful glint in his eye he pressed into the lead of the others, strutting briskly forward . . . before tripping into a gorse bush so completely, that the party had to stop to free him before continuing.

Moving onward once again with a chagrinned Aragorn they pressed into the eves of the forest.

Holding towards the back, the Gimli spoke out of the side of his mouth to Pip while glaring ahead at Aragorn, "Mental, that one, I tell ya. Ever notice his boots? They're made out of the hide of a platypus." Pip nodded to Gimli as though he gave a rip what Gimli thought and continued marching.

"WHOOMP!"

Merry reaches down and picks up an object that had suddenly flew at them. "Odd, where did this come from?"

"What is it, Merry?" Asked Aragorn.

Carefully untying a grubby string around the balled up object Merry suddenly let out a cry and dropped the bundle. "Ahhhhh!"

"Merry are you, OK?" Worried Pip out loud.

"No, I'm . . . so . . . D I R T Y !!!" With that cry Merry held up his hands to his fellow homies and showed them his palms. Green and black with an ancient grime, so foul with stench Frodo immediately wretched on himself.

Kneeling down, Sam poked at the bundle, "It's it's, I can't believe it . . . it's . . . orcish dirty laundry!"

"It is worse than I feared,” muttered Boromir.

"I was just wondering, to myself, naturally, where do you suppose this bundle of dirty orc laundry came from. Or. More importantly. How did it happen to join us. I mean . . . what are the odds, really, of a bundle of laundry suddenly flying into our midst?" Asked Legolas.

Suddenly a large group of orcs appeared at the far end of a clearing they'd just finished crossing. They were waving more bundles of dirty laundry and yelling about union dues and subway passes.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 01-21-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #200
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Suddenly, Hummers appeared with combat fatigue clad elves armed with uzis blazing away at the ORCers. Lianas dropped from the trees and Elves slid down and half-heartedly surrounded the invaders, them also carrying uzis and Carl Gustav desposable rocketlaunchers.

The yet living ORCers seeing the stiffening opposition turned tail and ran like mad back towards the mountains.

The Elves surronded the Homies and one elf detached himself from the group and approached.

"Greetings, my name is Haldir. What are you doing here? Pursued by ORCers and all."
Closed Thread