Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #181
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"yes, Akkar," said faligorn, "firefoot is a strong swimmer, i will ford
the river on horseback, any one who does not have a steed, is welcome to use firefoot's aid, should you wish" he said, as he leaped onto his great, black horse, bucked, and turned in one swift movement, to have the horse facing the slope down to the river "I fear that we must go now, though, if any orc escaped before the battle, they will be sure to have summoned aid by now"

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-06-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #182
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: The Haradrim are all mounted, Callinya probaby doesn't need to be as she could shift into a horse herself, Pansy is mounted, what about Devak, Jan, and Rorin? People who aren't mounted can always double ride with those that are, so just do what you feel is the best thing for your character. This isn't something I want to godmod, so post people, post!

"I'm anxious to go, but I want to hear what the scouts have to say first," said Akkar.

OOC: Maybe we should let some other people post now...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #183
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: hmmm, there are times when we seem to hog the thread, aren't there
i hadn't realised the haradrim were on horseback, though
it is most likeley 'rorin' that would need assistance
though i dont know what gulio has to say on that

EDIT: ps, getting up to a hundred posts

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-06-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:11 PM   #184
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: I have no idea where I was... just waiting.. I can be on the other side of the river though to make it easier

ic: Boin came to the river bank and looked it up and down. Looking downstream from him, he saw a group of people preparing to cross. He backed up enough to hide himself for the moment. After they crossed the the river, he would reveal himself.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:29 PM   #185
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

OOC:I have a horse... I swear, if you people don't pay attention[j/k]

"Well, since we're going straight into the Sad forests, I'll be direct. My people usually don't care what happens one way or the other. But, since the situation is so grim, they shall gladly rally. Now, when you enter the forest, don't be surprised if the trees move, we have many ents. But whatever you do, DO NOT BE RUDE TO ENTS!!! They will crush you underfoot, and I can not stop them, for the athourity I have is only over my forest and people, not the Ents. Remember that."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #186
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Sorry for the little godmod Fim. If Callinya is suspicious, you could still say she had misgivings about continuing or something.

The scouts didn't seem worried about continuing, so Akkar and the Haradrim mounted their horses.
"What are Ents Jan?" asked Greyson. "Are they enemies or friendly?"
"Or neutral until someone attacks them, maybe," added Aranek.
As they approached the river, Akkar felt uneasy. Happily, it hadn't taken too long to find a good place to ford. It appeared that the bottom of the river was gravel, and they would only have to swim a short distance.
They were exptremely vulnerable while fording the river. Akkar scanned the grassy banks on both sides of the river. He couldn't see any movement. Akkar was glad the trees thinned out near the river, and there were mostly shrubs, grass, and reeds on either side.
He took off his armour, sword, and boots, strapping both securely to Flathorse's saddle, and tightened the straps around his shield and pack. The other Haradrim prepared similarly.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2004, 10:33 PM   #187
Legoles

"Ents... are..., well it's hard to explain."
"Continue."
"Ents are basicly... talking, walking trees. They are very slow, but are quick when enraged."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 03-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #188
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Callinya's going to scout downstream for a while because she's still really really mad about what happened. I was on this morning and yet there are that many posts...odd.

IC:
Callinya apporached the river as a person and said "I'm going downstream a bit. On the other side you might meet someone. I meet him when I went to Harad." with that she plunged into the water and wasn't seen on the surface by her friends. Swimming through the water cleared her head and calmed her nerves and when she came up downstream and stepped on to the land as a wolf she was ready for anything. Resisting the urge to shake the water off she began to sniff around. Tracing through the forest and the bank she found nothing. Again Callinya was angery only this time she was angery enough to kill. She was close to her companions who she didn't notice were questioning a man. She was a whilrwind of fury. Growling Callinya came upon her companions and tried to calm herself shen she saw some of them become alarmed.

OOC:YAY! It's fun to scare poepl!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:01 AM   #189
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: You know, your posts reminds me that we forgot that prisoner. (I assume that's what you were referring to Fim.) Amea, can you pick up the slack and have Devak question the orc prisoner? Cheers! I'm gonna let other characters catch up.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #190
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

OOPS! Pansy fell in a hole, but she is better now. and ran out of carrots. Had to make a trip to SafeWay after that.

ic; Pansy hopped on Cory's back. "Carrots anyone? Got a new supply. Should last us a few months." she popped a carrot in Cory's mouth. "On we go, eh?" Cory pounced into the river.
"Can he swim?" asked Greyson.
"Most certainly!" replied Pansy. "Quite the little fish, if I don't say so myself."

ooc; ok, not sure whats going on. I was 6 pages behind!!!!!!!! so I read the last 2, lol. we should get across the river.
-pip

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:25 AM   #191
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I'll update the racap in the discussion thread for you Pip.

"I'm glad you came through the battle unscathed Pansy," said Akkar.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #192
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: *she heard splashing around her as five horses and a lama run into the water*
Crap! *she dives under the water to avoid being seen* Do you all mind! I'll trying to take a bath here! *pansy, had seen her and she stopped*
Pansy: Devak, What are you doing in the water? um, naked
Devak: now if you all don't mind i need to get dressed so could you all just look away or something? becaues I need to get dressed and I don't feel like being watched.
OCC: Please tell me next time that you are going to ford so I don't have to embarass myself,

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #193
Legoles

*Jan sheilds eyes in terror at hearing of undressed Devak*<That is scary... retreat!> He thought, then waited until Devak was clothed again. <Whew!>

OOC: Nonsense post

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 03-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #194
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Ick.....

ic: "I'm afraid I don't have a horse," Rorin said.

ooc: Hee hee hee. My dad is wierd. He just went throug the house covered in a blanket doing the monk's chant from Monty Pyhon, while hitting himself in the face

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 03-07-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:41 PM   #195
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Well Rorin, why don't you ride Flathorse, and I'll swim beside you," said Akkar. Rorin mounted, and Flathorse waded into the river of his own accord. Dwarves were unaccustomed to riding, so Akkar urged Flathorse across the river when he stopped for a drink. Akkar swam next to Flathorse, conveniently with the horse blocking his view of Devak.

OOC: Amea, what did Devak do with the orc? Kill him? Did I miss something? Cheers.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #196
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Being the furthest from the river, Faligorn was the last to enter the water, he spurred firefoot on, and lunged into the icy river.
With the horse swimming easily, he soon passed the smaller horses of the haradrim, and jumped up the bank after pansy on cory, the llama.

"Quite an adventure we seem to be having!" exclaimed faligorn, as he leaped off firefoot, "Anyone for another honey-cake, or some more mead, perchance?" he asked, once everyone had forded the river.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #197
Amea
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

OCC: That's scary? Why I ought to!
ICC:
Devak: *is all dressed, in her leather halter and her riding pants*
Is that better? *mounts Flare* *clicks* gitup! *splash* Wheee!
alright what did I miss?
Pansy: Where's the orc?
Devak: Hard to explane, but um here *pulls out a small bottle* he's in here, You see...
Pansy: *looks in to bottle and she can see an ugly orc face peering out at her* Meep!
Devak: It's alright he cán't get you, but what ever you do don't pull out the stopper, he'll get out,

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:20 PM   #198
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Faligorn was astonished by Pansy and Devak's conversation
"How did you do That?" he asked devak politely
Old 03-07-2004, 06:24 PM   #199
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Says who our horses are smaller? Actually, that's fine if you're riding a draft horse (those are huge war horses that knights ride), ours are more like Arabians. (I don't now that much about horses, the Haradrim ride medium-sized, fast horses.)
We can just randomly decide it's lunch now, actually it makes sense.
I hope it's not too much of a godmod to assume Jan did stitches.

Flathorse swam slowly across the river, but he was carrying the gear of two people and a rider. Once across, Akkar decided he would have a quasi-bath since he was already wet. He wasn't modest, but he was a little more discreet than Devak. He took his shirt and bandages, please to note how secure Jan's stiches were. He felt great after washing the sweat and dried blood - his and orcs, from the battle, and he washed his shirt as best he could. Then he snuck a short distance into the forest and changed into dry pants from his pack.
Greyson redid the bandages for him, copying exactly how he saw Jan do it.
"I feel great now! We haven't been in a battle like that for ages," said Akkar. "If we're stopping for lunch, do you guys want some dried meat? It's got a great spice on it. I would like some more of those excellent cakes Faligorn, thank you."

OOC: Sorry about the fording thing Amea, I forgot you were taking a bath.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-07-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #200
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"I am pleased to once again offer my cakes and mead, but
(and please do not be offended) I'm afraid my people do not
eat the meat, even from our beasts of burden!"
he took a supply of honey-cakes, and two great flagons of
mead from his pack, and offered them around, before sitting
down to eat his own share.