Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:19 PM   #181
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

One thing that consistently cheers me up, believe it or not, is the comforting reliability of Spock's subtle sarcasm. I love it!! Well, dear Spock, as soon as I am financially able, I AM going to leave the country for a couple years - not forever, just a couple years. I love California, love the states, I'm just SICK of it right now. I haven't been traveling in too long, is MY problem. I'm a wanderer at heart and by nature, and for too long I've stayed in one spot (here in L.A. to be precise) and it's high time I get out & wander the world a little again, then I'll come back after I get it out of my system.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #182
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Yeah! Your commandership of your Vindicator-class Star Destroyer, Los Angeles.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:30 AM   #183
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ugh, tell me about it. Utterly sick of NZ myself. Been saying I will travel after I finish my studies, and I'm almost finished. Thank god, looking forward to moving overseas finally!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 AM   #184
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*grumps* Bloody hell, stupid door! WE have a tempermental front door, that I ought to fix, some times it likes to lock, other times it requires application of vigerous kicks to get the bolt and the corresponding hole to line up...well, it closed alright this time around, right when I didnt want it to...Ended up tearing one of my nice goddamn lambskin jackets! Blast it all, that was my favorite jacket!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:00 AM   #185
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Lotesse, remember South Pacific: "You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true? "

I am convinced you will get there as soon as circumstances give you the opportunity to go. Meanwhile, I don't have to go and buy a cake for a 'new home present'.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:32 AM   #186
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Happy-vent!

I've been to the physiopherapist (what a mouthfull that word is) today for my weekly quarter of hour (going down to the Malmö Hospital by train for a hour and up again, there being about 37 miles between my hometown Helsingborg and Malmö, (both lies on the west coast of Scania, the southernmost province of Sweden))

Anyway there is improvement in my ability to clench my fist in grades of 5 to 10 degrees from when I began training.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:57 AM   #187
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

good for you; taking such a trip for therapy could be just the thing to get you back in shape.....BTW, I didn't think Swedes made fists They just blinked and their enemies weren't there anymore.... All the best.....
Old 10-31-2005, 12:47 PM   #188
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
good for you; taking such a trip for therapy could be just the thing to get you back in shape.....BTW, I didn't think Swedes made fists They just blinked and their enemies weren't there anymore.... All the best.....
Thanks.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #189
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Wow, I think that's wrong of him, but would it be too bold to ask this?
What kind of F***ing calligraphy pens did you buy? Cross calligraphy pens? If you did, take good care of them. All I bought was a set of three Shaeffer calligraphy pens with three nibs and 20 ink refills for different colors for like $20. Although, in retrospect, I should have invested a little more money in something that might last longer.
"I keep losing pens, so I bought one for $7 because I got tired of not caring."--Mitch Hedberg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Yeah, I felt a little bad about mentioning chisel point pens because it didn't translate well, it seems - it should have cost only about $3 U.S. for a pen

Glad to see that things seem to be resolved, tho
Alright. So. Lemme put it down: the price - wasn't - that - bad. I ran around all the stationeries(sp?) in town and picked the one with a reasonable price; I should have paid 4x more if I had bought the first set I found... It just pushed my dad over the limit because 1. he was dead tired in that evening because of his work (as he always will be until Christmas, I'm afraid ) 2. he himself loves these kind of things, and maybe he would have even come with me to buy pens. I knew he loves these, and wanted to surprise him, it just didn't turn out that well... Anyway, pen trouble ended. He actually admitted that he liked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Happy-vent!

I've been to the physiopherapist (what a mouthfull that word is) today for my weekly quarter of hour (going down to the Malmö Hospital by train for a hour and up again, there being about 37 miles between my hometown Helsingborg and Malmö, (both lies on the west coast of Scania, the southernmost province of Sweden))

Anyway there is improvement in my ability to clench my fist in grades of 5 to 10 degrees from when I began training.
Great news I love happy vents.
And about the travelling part... I basically do the same every 3 months or so, I travel 2,5 hours up & again back home, to spend 1 hour at the doctor
Old 10-31-2005, 05:44 PM   #190
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleadanel
Great news I love happy vents.
And about the travelling part... I basically do the same every 3 months or so, I travel 2,5 hours up & again back home, to spend 1 hour at the doctor
Thanks. Yeah, the travelling is bit of a chore but something that has to be done.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:41 PM   #191
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I hate essay writing. Especially literary analysis essays that require the use of a paradox-thesis setup and support from a secondary source. I've been fighting with this one all freakin' day and it's due tommorow and I still only have the intro.

To make things worse, our teacher was absent last class, which was when we were supposed to have the workshop to help us make our freewrite brainstorm things into an outline and she's only given us the very vaguest parameters for the assignment and the bloody essay just doesn't want to be written!

I really need to hit something, or yell, or just babble to a sympathetic ear preferably attached to someone willing to cuddle. Such persons are of course Not Present.

I wonder if a shriek of frustration would draw unwanted attention... it is Halloween afterall...

Cheese.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 PM   #192
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I think the Shriek is the next best thing, seeing as you have no one to cuddle. Hell, its halloween, no one will notice.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:33 PM   #193
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

The shriek is tempting, the idea of freaking out my hall mates and inspiring someone to call campus security not so much... I think the shriek will have to remain mental for now.

And now it seems one of my classmates is analyzing the same story...

Gah!

Oh well... maybe we can bounce ideas off eachother tomorrow, at least it looks as though we're taking different approaches...

I've decided just to go with the couple paragraphs that I've got down and hope that maybe my professor will have something helpful to say. I want o get my thesis right before I try to slog through the body of the essay. I'm sick of having to rewrite every essay I do for this woman's class. She never criticizes anything but the thesis, which usually means that instead of normal revision the only thing I can do is start over, which sucks.

Fortunately the semester is almost over... just a couple more weeks to thanksgiving, and after that only a month till christmas and first semester doesn't extend into january.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 10-31-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 PM   #194
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I bet it felt good too...Good luck with that Maggie! *Sends long distance cuddle/hug* Only 2 weeks and some change till I can see you again! Happy!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #195
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Yes, the imaginery shriek did feel good, the mental hug felt better.

Just two more weeks... can't wait!

- The Crucible

Old 11-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #196
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Ugh. I'm sorry, m'lady. Go into a common area and do the Shriek - then they won't be able to finger you .

Hopefully your teacher will be reasonable about the fact that you didn't get the help you were supposed to. *fingers crossed*

Vent: I think I may be reduced to eating my notes in order to internalize them for my midterm tomorrow. This "studying" thing just isn't working. And of course now I'm on the 'Moot... [not that that last part is a vent]
Old 11-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #197
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Want some salt and pepper on those notes?

You'll get them remembered. You've never failed at remembering lines or random facts, I'm sure you can handle a few notes.

*Hands Count an Encouragment Bar*

Good luck.

- The Crucible

Old 11-01-2005, 01:44 AM   #198
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

SHREIK!!!! Maggie-Willow, I shreik with thee. I shreik because i still am living in a FREAKIN' HOTEL, and missed registering for yet another UCLA semester, and have no laptop of my own anymore, and miss my best, dearest girlfriend & homegirl & baby-sistetr more than ever, as MUCH as ever (I MISS you my dear, dearest BG!!!!!) shreik, SHREIK shreik. Must go now - computer time is up. MMRRRRRRrrrr. Mrrr.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 AM   #199
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
Vent: I think I may be reduced to eating my notes in order to internalize them for my midterm tomorrow.
ROTFL!!

Hey, Sane, are you heading to Seattle, or is Maggie heading your way? Vent: I'm so jealous you all know each other in RL!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-01-2005, 02:14 AM   #200
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
Vent: I think I may be reduced to eating my notes in order to internalize them for my midterm tomorrow. This "studying" thing just isn't working. And of course now I'm on the 'Moot... [not that that last part is a vent]

I hate tests so much.

My French professor gave us a 2-3 page paper to write. I get back the first draft and see "developpez", "developpez", "developpez" written all over it. If he had wanted a 6-7 page paper, why didn't he say so in the first place?

Oh. And my roommate is not just the Devil. She is apparently psychotic as well.

Neil Gaiman
Closed Thread