Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2003, 06:57 PM   #181
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Fawks is cooler than that little moth and you know it!and Fawks came to help Harry out of his own good will, he wasnt summoned and he wasnt forced to fly a gazzilion miles to get some bigger bird.

Gandalf is such an over acheiver! he always had to be the best doesnt he? he jiust cant give up can he? no i didnt think so!

out with the old, in with the new, Gandalf is soooo old news. im sorry. but your just going to have to accept it. or die trying.p

Harry Potter freaks UNITE!:

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #182
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
but your just going to have to accept it. or die trying.p
THEN I WILL DIE AS ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!! (Gandalf Freaks, that is )

And I TOLD YOU, the moth wasnt in the books! Disregard the moth! It was supposed to be Radagast that helped Gandalf out!

And Gandalf is not an overacheiver! He just happens to be concerned with the welfare of the world!!! Ya don't call all those modern day heroes like firefighters or something overacheivers, now DO YOU???? Hmmmmm???????? Case Closed.

Actually, its not closed because I still have a lot to tell you. But that I will save for another post.

*Smears warpaint on face and turns to face her army of Gandalf defenders*
CHARRRRRGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 06:22 AM   #183
Anibriwien
Sapling

yeah I can agree to that we DON'T CALL THEM OVERACHEVERS but I thing if you have to choose between Fawx and a moth fawx rules!! sorry dreran

however between harry and gandalf soory to say Gandalf is way cooler and can do a lot more.
Anibriwien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 08:08 AM   #184
Elf Girl
Lurker

No, no, you must choose between Faux and Gwaihir! Forget about the moth! Honestly... "I would bear you wither you will even were you made of stone."
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #185
eowyngirl14

**summons great armies of HP fans...** **sees that no one comes running and prepares for battle herself**

1) Harry is better than Gandalf because he carries a wand sich is far more practical than a staff because it is a more convienent size and can easily be hidden if the need should arise. For instace, Gandalf would have had no trouble brining in a wand to Helms Deep to bring Theoden King back to the light. But Hama, I think it was, tried to take away Gandalfs staff.

2)Harry is better than Gandalf because because he is a child and people wouldnt normally suspect him to have great power, therefore he can go places with out being suspected unlike Gandalf who is sooo proud that he wears those big billowing robes everywhere he goes.

3) Harry is better than Gandalf because as my good friend kate pointed out, Gandalfs lond hair could get in his eyes and confuse him, but Harry haa nice short black hair which couldnt possibly impair his eye sight.

4) Harry is better than Gandalf because Harry has a broomstick he can ride around on. he doesnt need a big eagle to come and save him.

5) oh and last but no least, Harry is a lot better looking than Gandalf, although Ron is hotter than both of them by far!

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-14-2003, 11:49 AM   #186
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Gandalf is better becasue...
1. He's wiser, braver, and knows A LOT more about magic than Harry.
2. He has A LOT more magical abilities than Harry.
3. He actually KNOWS how to use a SWORD! Unlike a certain snot-nosed kid who looks like an idiot with a sharp stick!!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 12:04 PM   #187
eowyngirl14

Quote:
Originally posted by Salquënòrëwen
Gandalf is better becasue...
1. He's wiser, braver, and knows A LOT more about magic than Harry.
2. He has A LOT more magical abilities than Harry.
3. He actually KNOWS how to use a SWORD! Unlike a certain snot-nosed kid who looks like an idiot with a sharp stick!!!!
I OBJECT! i beg to differ.

did you just call HP a snot-nosed kid who looks like an idiot with a sharp stick??? thats is, your going down.

Harry is not snot nosed. he is not a little kid, he is almsot 15 years old. andi think he used the sword pretty well considering it was his first time ver touvhing a sword!
Gandalf had years of practice to master the art of sword fighting. im sure he wasnt to hot at it either when he first learned how.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-14-2003, 12:09 PM   #188
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

No, you're going down!!!

And that wasn't the only point I was making....looks like you couldn't defend "Potty" against my other two reasons....you know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE! GANDALF IS BETTER!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 12:16 PM   #189
eowyngirl14

YOU LIE! actually i had to use the real potty , but now i am back! so watch out!

1) harry knows more about modern magic then gandalf and he knos a lot about ancient magic. but gandalf can never learn about modern magice because he sailed to the undieing lands never to be seen again! Harry can always gain moer knowledge, but Gandalf is done. as for braver, i think they are both pretty darn brave i ntheir own ways. as for wise, when Harry reaches the 'ripe old age' that Gandalf is at he would be pretty darn wise too. but he is a lot more wise than a lot of people i knowat 15.

2) i dont think he has more magical abilities. infact now that i try to remember the only big magic thing i can remember gandalf doing is when he put that bubble thing around himself to protect himself from the balrog. harry on the other handhas done a lot.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #190
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

If that's all you can remember, than you must have a terrible memory. Either that, or you havn't read the books...
Old 06-14-2003, 12:24 PM   #191
eowyngirl14

i read the books almost 2 years ago. and yes i do have a terrible memory. thankyou for reminding me. i had almost forgotten about it.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-14-2003, 12:27 PM   #192
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Your welcome!!!

And I think I'm going to leave this thread for good now....Bye everyone!!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 12:29 PM   #193
eowyngirl14

bye bye.. we are the only ones here at te moment. so now i will have to argue woth myself.. everything i say will echo in the emptiness of this thread....

echo! echo! echo! echo! echo! echo! echo! echo!

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #194
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I'm here *walks in and casually states that Gandalf would win*

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 06-18-2003, 06:23 PM   #195
Aewionen
Elf Lord

lol! this is funny just reading!

Gandalf would win! I don't see Harry Potter killing a Balrog and other such stuff.
But, then again, Voldemort wasn't able to kill Harry(he probably couldn't kill Gandalf either) and that does show a bit of strength. But that just shows that Saroun is most likely more powerful than Voldemort.
I still think that Gandalf would win.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 06:50 PM   #196
eowyngirl14

well i think harry would win!

illl tell you why later, im leaving for the movies like any second now... yup theres my ride.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-19-2003, 03:58 AM   #197
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Fun, a debate! I'm going to jump in too, whee...

I think it would be Gandalf, overall, simply because he is wiser and has more experience.

It would be hard to tell in an actual battle, because you can't compare their magic. Potter's magic is direct, usually takes immediate effect, and must be done with a wand. Gandalf's magic is very subtle, so that it's hard to discern from ordinary planning and leadership. Gandalf also uses direct magic that goes *FOOM*, but much less often than wizard's of Harry's world.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:40 AM   #198
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Yay! More Gandalf people!

Gandalf WOULD WIN because, well, actually I'm too tired right now to go into it. I'll tell you later. When I'm more awake. Right now I need to go find a frappucino....

Old 06-19-2003, 09:36 PM   #199
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

I have lots of points to cover on why Gandalf could kick Harry Potter's wimpy little butt anyday!!!!!

1) Gandalf has a STAFF! not a wimpy little pointy twig. Wands are for Tooth Faries and people that go Bippity, Boppity, Boo!

2) Gandalf is older, wiser, and better looking then Harry Potter. This kid is butt ugly for crying out loud! Gollum is better looking then Harry Potter!!!!

3) Gandalf can actually achieve SOMETHING on his own. Try to name one thing Harry Potter did on his own, with no help from anyone. Can't think of anything? My point exactly.

4) You think after four stupid years, Harry Potter would get the picture that there is going to be an attempt on his life and the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will have something to do with it!! You'd also think that he'd know that Snape is not evil. He just hates is guts, like me.

I could go on forever, but I'd get in trouble for having too long of a post.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:27 AM   #200
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Prepare for a list of reasons why Gandalf Rocks Harry Potter's Pimply Little Wannabe Ass:

Quote:
Gandalf had years of practice to master the art of sword fighting. im sure he wasnt to hot at it either when he first learned how
I highly doubt Gandalf, as a wizard, a leader, and an inspirer, "trained" at using the sword.

Quote:
1) Harry is better than Gandalf because he carries a wand sich is far more practical than a staff because it is a more convienent size and can easily be hidden if the need should arise. For instace, Gandalf would have had no trouble brining in a wand to Helms Deep to bring Theoden King back to the light. But Hama, I think it was, tried to take away Gandalfs staff.

2)Harry is better than Gandalf because because he is a child and people wouldnt normally suspect him to have great power, therefore he can go places with out being suspected unlike Gandalf who is sooo proud that he wears those big billowing robes everywhere he goes.

3) Harry is better than Gandalf because as my good friend kate pointed out, Gandalfs lond hair could get in his eyes and confuse him, but Harry haa nice short black hair which couldnt possibly impair his eye sight.

4) Harry is better than Gandalf because Harry has a broomstick he can ride around on. he doesnt need a big eagle to come and save him.

5) oh and last but no least, Harry is a lot better looking than Gandalf, although Ron is hotter than both of them by far!
1) The staff is also BETTER than the wand.

2) People did not suspect the Istari of possessing great powers, and only thought of them as wandering old men. Remember, Gandalf was thought by the Hobbits to be naught but an old conjuror; a conjuror being, either a) one who practices the art of Conjuration (which I believe has to do with summoning) or b) a trickster, an illusionist; almost certainly, the latter is meant. Hardly "great powers". Also, I would point out that the elderly are generally respected for their wisdom, something which children are not.
3) What makes you say that Gandalf has long hair? Just because PJ paints him that way doesn't make it so.
4) Nope, he needs a frickin' stick.
5) Absolutely pointless and invalid.

1) harry knows more about modern magic then gandalf and he knos a lot about ancient magic. but gandalf can never learn about modern magice because he sailed to the undieing lands never to be seen again! Harry can always gain moer knowledge, but Gandalf is done. as for braver, i think they are both pretty darn brave i ntheir own ways. as for wise, when Harry reaches the 'ripe old age' that Gandalf is at he would be pretty darn wise too. but he is a lot more wise than a lot of people i knowat 15.

2) i dont think he has more magical abilities. infact now that i try to remember the only big magic thing i can remember gandalf doing is when he put that bubble thing around himself to protect himself from the balrog. harry on the other handhas done a lot.

1) "modern" magic? Magic is a very, very, VERY old concept; it's not with a bunch of scientists running around, making new spells and breakthroughs every day. Besides, what in the name of the Holy Queen of the Stars makes you say that because Gandalf has gone to the Blessed Lands that he cannot learn more? Besides, Gandalf has been learning for THOUSANDS of YEARS; Harry Potter has been for, what? Three, Four?

2) Um...balderdash. Find out what an Istar is, please. Hairy Pothead could never defeat a demon of such ancientness, such power, such magnitude as the Bane of Durin.

And of course, the ultimate proof of Gandalf being mightier than Potter is that he is a DIVINE BEING. He is, to a lesser extent, a GOD. The same goes for Sauron vs. Voldemort, btw.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote