Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2002, 07:39 PM   #21
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Excuse me little elf boy. I have been reading Tolkien longer than you have been alive. Heeheehee
Yes, and you've yet to consume 1/4 of the knowledge I like to slap you in the face with. *slap*

Kirinki, all the admins have 60,000 posts now. The post counts don't matter to us, but I guess it was annoying some that a lot of posters were filling threads with spam in order to pass us. So "we" (the royal "we") came up with this brilliant plan to cut out the spam. There's just no way someone will try to reach our post count now.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:39 PM   #22
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ñólendil

Yes, and you've yet to consume 1/4 of the knowledge I like to slap you in the face with. *slap*
Watch it young whippersnapper! I just went and bought a new leather bound edition of LotRs, The War of the Jewels, AND The Peoples of Middle-earth. After I finish the HoMe and re-read the LotRs, not only will I slap ypur face, but I intend to turn you over my knee and give you a spanking. When I am done, that behind will look like a ripe red tomato.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 09:58 PM   #23
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Ooh, ... I mean, how horrible! Old woman!

I've had War of the Jewels and Peoples of Middle-earth for years, you'll never catch up to me.
Old 05-02-2002, 10:21 PM   #24
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Ooh, ... I mean, how horrible! Old woman!

I've had War of the Jewels and Peoples of Middle-earth for years, you'll never catch up to me.
I just love the way you say "for years" Ahhhhhhaaaaa!!!Ahhhaaaa!! That's so funny.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:36 AM   #25
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Two years is years. I'm sorry years for you includes the time you learned how to ride a bike, the time you forgot, your first boyfriend, the time you almost graduated from a crappy college, your first failed marriage and that mid-life crisis you went through when we were still hunting dinosaurs. I'm really sorry about that.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:44 AM   #26
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Two years is years. I'm sorry years for you includes the time you learned how to ride a bike, the time you forgot, your first boyfriend, the time you almost graduated from a crappy college, your first failed marriage and that mid-life crisis you went through when we were still hunting dinosaurs. I'm really sorry about that.
You're showing your age dear.
Old 05-03-2002, 04:25 PM   #27
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Yes and it is a very good age to be. I have a long life ahead of me, you could drop dead at any moment. Watch out!
Old 05-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #28
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Yes and it is a very good age to be. I have a long life ahead of me, you could drop dead at any moment. Watch out!
Yeah, I know what it's like to be that age. Been there done that. I am still too young to drop dead believe it or not. Don't you have to go get your diaper changed or something?
Old 05-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #29
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

No one is too old to die

The leading cause of death is life.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:34 PM   #30
Elf Girl
Lurker

Ñólendil and Sister Golden Hair, as any self-respecting mod or admin (not me) would say, quit chatting and stick to the topic! You ought to set a good example...

Someone ought to close this thread, its purpose is served.

Okay, I'll stop giving the admins advice.

Hobbits seem to me like a cross between Elves and Dwarves, but Men and Dwarves would be just as likely.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 12:28 AM   #31
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Ñólendil and Sister Golden Hair, as any self-respecting mod or admin (not me) would say, quit chatting and stick to the topic! You ought to set a good example...
Elf Girl, you are so right. Nolendil, grow up, and get back on topic. Hobbits are Men.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:35 PM   #32
Kirinki54
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Kirinki, all the admins have 60,000 posts now. The post counts don't matter to us, but I guess it was annoying some that a lot of posters were filling threads with spam in order to pass us. So "we" (the royal "we") came up with this brilliant plan to cut out the spam. There's just no way someone will try to reach our post count now.
As you can see from my lousy count I am not one of those spammers...

But do not feel too sure none will try to beat you admins still!
'They need more gardens,' said Legolas. 'The houses are dead, and there is too little here that grows and is glad. If Aragorn comes into his own, the people of the Wood shall bring him birds that sing and trees that do not die.'
Kirinki54 is offline   Reply With Quote