Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Treebeard TOLKIEN LEADS OUR CHILDREN TO SATAN! ... u have to read this!

Look at this article sum1 found at another board I go to:

http://www.tolkienonline.com/thewhit...threadid=26955

Isn't this among the stupidest thing you've read about Prof. T? Sauron as God??? More like Sauron is Satan!!!

And the race issue, well I have a statement to make about that:

At the time LotR was written, there was a lot of racial strife and predujice in the world but the news of it wasn't world wide as it is today. It is more than likely that Prof. T didn't even know he was writing anything that, these days, could be considered racist. People weren't so concerned about this and there wasn't so much awareness of the problem in those times and people just didn't notice it. What people these days pick up on is the fact that Sauron and the evil people are BLACK (BLACK riders e.t.c) and, to all appearances, the good people are WHITE (Gandalf the WHITE e.t.c). Prof. T wasn't hinting on the white people of the world being better than the black, he was talking about the conquer of light over shadow, day over night and sunshine over storms. And the proof that Prof. T wasn't a racist is the fact that the Elves and the Dwarves begin totally against each other (this is said in the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings and the movie) - but int the end, they are UNITED and are fighting together as friends and allies.

It's the same with Harry Potter, those of you who have read it will know that Lord Voldemort is all powerful, all the magical folk of the world try to conquer him. It's the same problem, but the light over shadow is the 'traditional' way that a fictional tale works. This is why it annoys me when some (nowhere near all, pls don't take offence!) Tolkien fans push J.K Rowling away when she goes through the same problems Tolkien did (and does). To them however, this doesn't matter because Jo Rowling is a rival. I believe that both should be respected for what they can do and continue (or continued) to do, despite what people thought about it.

BTW, sorry this post is sooo long, but I like my voice to be heard. Thanx

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.

Last edited by Kwijibo : 03-10-2002 at 05:00 PM.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote