Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #301
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, i can agree, to be fair , with spock that this is , in tone, rather a personal rant El Tel ...

but from the personal memory of a victim of 7/7 i must ask that the TPTB do reconsider this.

i can understand (tho' not necessarilly agree per se) ... but can understand it being closed out of sensitivity to others who lost lives ... but, i, on principle, disagree passionately that wiping it communiust style in it's entirety is:

a) unamerican,
b) un-british
and C) a smear on the memories of those that died - pure and simply because it panders to the terrorists wishes.

sincerely BB
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #302
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

In a court with a jury is, in fact, exactly what I condone. Broad based accusations aimed at specific people, in particular the opposing party to your own party, is actually more harmful to yourself than to the person you're accusing. We don't want that tinfoil hat. Proper justice has rules of order. I am just being ignored anyway, so whatever.

It seems to me that I do treat others with respect, even though we disagree. I don't see it going the other direction. So I'll sign off for the weekend.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #303
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, i for one respect your views and your right to post them.

keep the faith, Elfhelm!

best, BB
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #304
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

I have alot of respect for you BB

BB I can see how much you disagree yet you are willing to hear the argument. Obviuosly you are offended, yet this thread is even more serious than the egypt thread in nature and your not dismissive or offensive. This shows true character and integrity and I hope to present an argument that, if it does not convince you, you will atleast see my point of view; I honestly can't see how it wouldn't though, I believe the evidents is bullet proof, and just like a prosecutor it is the anly way I would go forward.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #305
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
In a court with a jury is, in fact, exactly what I condone. Broad based accusations aimed at specific people, in particular the opposing party to your own party, is actually more harmful to yourself than to the person you're accusing. We don't want that tinfoil hat. Proper justice has rules of order. I am just being ignored anyway, so whatever.

It seems to me that I do treat others with respect, even though we disagree. I don't see it going the other direction. So I'll sign off for the weekend.
In that thread if you had read it I stated that I am not a democrat, please gget your facts straight. I do not make broad accusations. As usual you are up to your pathetic games. I support none of those cowards in government. This is not aimed at any particular party or person, so stop tryin to make this a left right issue, it is not. They both are involved.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #306
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
Alright now. I'm not a Mod, but as the President Of Entmoot Elect, I'm going to give you guys an embarassing lecture.

You're both acting juvenile, and if this keeps up, no more interesting discussion, because the Mods will shut down this party. So I suggest you guys keep it either to the PMs, or just agree to disagree.

So I want you both to shake hands
**48 hrs. closed for cool down**

YOU ALL NEED TO:
1. STICK TO THE TOPIC
2. STOP ATTACKING EACH OTHER
Old 07-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #307
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Open early

3:30 early-try and keep the comments civil and the debate just that,

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS AND NO BAITING.