Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2001, 12:28 PM   #1
Darth Tater
The man

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV)

All summer I've been reading a quote by Joss Whedon saying "We're going to earn it (Buffy's ressurection)". Could it be he really meant they would "urn it"?

Ok, ok, corny (proof that I should be a Buffy writer) jokes aside, I was really dissapointed with the season premiere. I was expecting a worthy follow up to "The Gift", and quite frankly I was hoping for an episode to rival "The Body". It doesn't seem right that Joss Whedon made me care more about Joyce's death then about Buffy's!

Also, the scenes in this episode that were supposed to be the most moving were just ripoff's of scenes from the season finale. The Buffy and Dawn scene on top of Glory's tower could have been very moving, but instead it was just a boring re-hashing of their previous scene there.

I think this episode could have been saved if Buffy and/or Dawn had died when the tower collapsed. That would have created a real dilemma for the scoobies, since the death would have been from natural causes. The fact that they walked away just didn't seem right.

Sadly, too much emphasis was put on the biker demons. They should really win an award for corniest, most pointless villains ever. I kept waiting for one of the scoobies to make a wise crack about them, but no one did! Oh, and on the subject of jokes, it's pretty dissapointing when the funniest moment in a Buffy episode is Tara saying "Grr, Arg."

BTW, I'm a huge fan of BVS, and this season opener does not change that. The season premieres on this show are often dissapointing, since they seem to be treated like series premieres. The plots are simple, and the characters not very well developed. However, things that happen early on in the season always seem to become important by the end, and I'm looking forward to what will happen this year. I still consider Buffy to be the second greatest show on television, The West Wing being the best of course
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote