Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2001, 02:02 PM   #21
Samwise of the shire

Re: Gimli and the Ring: SPOILERS!

Frodo showing the Ring was'nt nessicary but it was'nt unessicary, there could be more people there then we think.We are all ready aquainted with the Ring but what about those who have no idea what the Ring is? I dont think we get many glimpses of the Ring before Rivendell, so why not let us get aquainted with the Ring at Rivendell where they decide who will bear the Ring and who will go with the Ringbearer, I think it's the most logical but then I have'nt seen the trailer... yet so I would'nt know I'm just making a guess.
Sam
Old 08-09-2001, 04:22 PM   #22
Darth Tater

Re: Gimli and the Ring: SPOILERS!

The protective nature that the ring brings to its bearers would dictate that they would never want to leave it for all to see in the middle of a table, especially surrounded by such powerfull folk, many or most of which do not want to be tempted by it.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:17 AM   #23
The Eye of Fangorn
Sapling

Tom Bombadil

I think that giving more space in the fils is just pefect. He deserves it. Wonder what method he will try to destroy the One.

I am friend of Ents and their protector.

But you can call me Fangs.
The Eye of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 09:28 PM   #24
thephantomcat
Hobbit

Think about it.

Frodo wouldn't have any problem with letting go with the ring for a little bit because he's only used it once by that point. Remember that Gandalf says that hobbits are stronger than they look. He also meant in will power. Knowing that Gimli is a very quick to use his axe, I don't seem surprised that he would attempt to destroy the ring at the Council of Elrond.
thephantomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 11:42 AM   #25
Rogue
Hobbit

Gandalf

Guys,

Peter Jackson has been very secretive with this project. Didn't the entire cast have to sign non-disclosure agreements?

My point is: Is it possible that all these rumors (like Gimli attempting to destroy the ring) are started deliberately by Peter and crew to keep people guessing? Like a campaign of misinformation.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:16 PM   #26
Darth Tater
The man

It's true that some folks in the biz (Joss Whedon especially) spread false rumors, but I don't see that happening here. I mean most of the rumors have been acompanied by production stills, and they didn't have the time or money to fake those. There's always a pretense of secrecy on big projects, but just like Star Wars, they're overadvertising by allowing too much information to be leaked to the public.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote