Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2003, 06:10 AM   #1
kiwi
Elven Warrior

The World....

Athletic Championships in Paris!

Is any body watchin it appart from me and if so what has been your fave part about it so far?

I haven't really had a fave moment so far.....but I have been watchin the Sweedish heptathlete with great antisipation(sp?) as she has got 4 p.b's out of 4 events i thot that was pretty gd
Old 08-24-2003, 06:54 AM   #2
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Yeah, Swedish Carolina Klüft rules! I was a little anxious when she jumped in the long jump. She had two oversteps and had to make a good third jump. And how she did it!
Barber will have a hard time beating the Swede

Klüft will pulverise the world record in heptathlon in the future, I'm sure.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #3
kiwi
Elven Warrior

yeah! i totally agree!
Old 08-25-2003, 01:27 AM   #4
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Carolina Klüft won the gold medal in heptathlon by getting 7001 points. Now I am longing to see the Swede in the Olympic Games next year
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:53 PM   #5
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

I think I heard about that. Didn't a woman from Afghanistan run? She hadn't trained much and got in last but I'm glad she went for her country.

"Most people never been to Hell," Jacob said.

She looked at him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "And I suppose you have?"
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:04 PM   #6
kiwi
Elven Warrior

yeah! She was the first woman from afganistan to EVER take part in it, it was the first time she had used startin blocks aswell.