Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
legolas7410
Hobbit

what do you think of harry potter

i was just wondering if anyone disliked the harry potter books.
i would prefer to see the movie than read the book. also would you prefer to read the lord of the rings books or the harry potter books?

i would prefer to read lord of the rings!
and many more

canada is the greatest country in the world.
legolas7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:24 PM   #2
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Being a book person (and believing strongly in the power of the Written Word over the Moving Picture), I would probably rather read the books. Who knows, maybe one of these days, I'll see what all of the fuss is about. I just don't feel like it at this point.

I would certainly prefer to read the Lord of the Rings book than the Harry Potter books!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 06-23-2003 at 04:37 PM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:03 PM   #3
legolas7410
Hobbit

well i have read the first two books and they were good and i do agree about the power of written words, but I heard bout the lord of the rings and couldent resist. also i like harry potter, and maby when iam don the lord of the rings i will read all the harry potter books!
and many more

Old 06-23-2003, 05:38 PM   #4
Elf Girl
Lurker

Why would one prefer to watch the movies than read the books? The books are the original art form. It's like saying, 'No, I won't watch Star Wars, I'll just read those trashy summary novels.'
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 06:21 PM   #5
EyeSeeYou
Hobbit

hmmm.... lotr vs. hp..... cant decide. lotr is more descriptive and hp kinda gets to the point sooner. but i love both.

The Order of the Phoenix was just like a dementor. it sucked all the happiness out of me. but it was still really good.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
legolas7410
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by EyeSeeYou
hmmm.... lotr vs. hp..... cant decide. lotr is more descriptive and hp kinda gets to the point sooner. but i love both.

The Order of the Phoenix was just like a dementor. it sucked all the happiness out of me. but it was still really good.

but that is what makes lord of the rings better, you want to find out what is the point so you keep reading that is what i think makes a book good. if harry potter just gets to the point there is nothing to it i makes it dull, i think harry potter is o.k but it dose get to the point to quick i think that makes it dull!
and many more

Old 06-23-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Turkey headed people, and I mean like the uncooked turkey you get at Brookshires, Super 1, Kroger, Wal*Mart even, and cook it for Thanksgiving, you know, those large, whole turkeys that people stuf fthrough their @$$ holes, well, on Friends, they are putting them on people's heads, and then they can't get them off. Now, back to the topic, I like the eyecandy(the HOBBITS minus Sam, and Harry and Draco) in the movies, and I like to see the books visually, but I really love readign the books first, I still have to finish RotK, the only reason I haven't is because, 1, I just want to get to Frod and Sam, but don't want to skip any, but I am suffering unbearably in the Aragorn part, I just can't get into that part, and 2, I just can't resist rereading FotR and TTT cause I have all 3 books in one, with *gasp* Gandalf the Gay *shudder gasp* on the cover, and my BFF gave me FotR with *dreamy sigh* Frodo on the cover, and those books get to Frodo and the Hobbits and the Ring quicker.
I eagerly await my doctors appointment on Wednesday cause if he says I don't need wrist therapy and that I don't have tendonitis in my left wrist any more, then I get to go to my mom's house where I can read and watch HP to my heart's content, which will never happen, I need to read it forever, my mom is waiting till I get there to get the 2nd movie, and the 5th book is practically sold out, one book store said that their goal was 1,000,000 copies in like, the whole 1st week it was out and they did it in 48 hours.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #8
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

speak english! this site is in english. and second of all this is about harry potter like them both and cant decide
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #9
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Okay, okiedokie, what was that about
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:02 AM   #10
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Baggins
Okay, okiedokie, what was that about

sorry that was my brother. he was in the wrong file. he is actually legolas7410.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 06-25-2003, 12:38 AM   #11
Silpion
Elven Warrior

I don't dislike the Harry Potter books at all. As for books or movie, I usually like to read the book (any book) first then see the movie. At the moment, I can't think of any movie that I have seen that I preferred over the book. Also, between LOTR and HP I prefer LOTR more. To me, LOTR is this grand epic that just spans across time, it has a rich history, and the books just have all these layers to them. (Sorry, I'm gushing about LOTR on the Harry Potter thread.)
I really enjoy both I just like Lord of the Rings more. To quote a mother I know when speaking of her two children,"I love both my kids equally, just in different ways."
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:40 AM   #12
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i like harry potter. i also like lotr but not as much as harry potter but when i read lotr scenes from the movie keep flashing in my mind and its hard not to concentrate on the book. with HP i can concentrate on the book since i read them before the movie(which suck IMO)
I AM CANADIAN