Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2001, 12:14 AM   #1
EZ Board Nomad

Adieu!

I thank you for your hospitality during our stay here! May your days be long and filled with ice cream and pizza!

All aboard!
Old 08-04-2001, 12:24 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: Adieu!

Ok, thanks for coming... come back soon . It's a pity you were only able to accumulate 21 posts, but I guess that can't be helped.
Old 08-04-2001, 12:42 AM   #3
Darth Tater

They'll be back, they always come back. Mwahhahahahahahahha hmm time to see where we're going now
Old 08-04-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
Shanamir Duntak

Goodbye! Have a nice journey.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:25 PM   #5
anduin

Ah come on Shan....go with us!
Old 08-04-2001, 11:51 PM   #6
Manwe Sulimo

Come on, everybody on board, let's all leave Entmoot for good! Ehh... not quite... I won't be leaving yet, even if I go with them... I'll stay here too for... a week or so...
Old 08-05-2001, 12:57 AM   #7
bmilder

I request that after you check out the new boards, you return back here, to the biggest and best Tolkien board on ezboard . (Soon to be the biggest and best Tolkien board on vBulletin)

I hope no one is insulted by the true fact that there are no more good Tolkien ezboards after us. (well, with the possible exception of the Tolkien-Movies.com White Council, and maybe a couple others). Dunedain's Camp, Barrow Downs, Entmoot... that's about it, and the group has gone through all of that.

In my personal opinion Entmoot is the best Tolkien message board on the Internet. It is certainly not the only Tolkien board on the Internet, and everyone is entitled to their own favorites. However, the internet is littered with dead or dying insignficant boards. No caravan can change a dead or tiny board significantly, and you'll just end up talking to yourself. I would not be surprised if the theme of the nomads switches to something else after a couple more boards.

Manwe, I would like to encourage you to stay for longer, especially since we are going to vBulletin soon and it will be much better than ezboard. You've been here longer than the nomad thing anyway. We like you a lot and enjoy your posts.

I hope I'm not coming off as petty or shrill, but I am disturbed at the possibility of some of our best, pre-Caravan Entmooters heading off on these "journeys" to tiny boards never to come back :/ . (and believe me it's happened before :/ ) It can be fun to check out other boards from time to time -Nomads is an original idea, I signed up for it and would go to the next board except Netscape doesn't support it or something - , but permanently uprooting from a community and wandering from board to board is not something I recommend.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:22 AM   #8
noldo

Yhtä en saa...

Ben, can't a Tolkien board be good even if the daily post count is as little as 1-5 posts? I've been to many small boards, and had very good time writing in them, eventhough the visitor and post counts haven't been near to those of Entmoot.

New Tolkien-boards seem to come up weekly, many of them never even reaching the visitor count of more than 10-30 visitors. Diversity is needed, but specialization gone too far can lead to death.
Old 08-05-2001, 12:58 PM   #9
Shanamir Duntak

Re: Yhtä en saa...

Sorry for ya, but you won't lose me (even if you'd wish)

It's not that I don't find it to be a good idea or that I don't like those in the caravan... it's just that I decided that my personnal life woudln't allow me to visit more than one board.
Old 08-05-2001, 01:10 PM   #10
Darth Tater

Ben, I've looked at the board their at now, and I don't see any danger of us losing anyone
Old 08-05-2001, 09:37 PM   #11
Manwe Sulimo

Ben: The reason I'm leaving you is that I will have to move in a week or so, and I will have extremely reduced access to the internet, if any at all... it has nothing to do with the Nomads, I'll be leaving them too for a while... I'll be stopping by if I have the time, but the times I can stop by, I will not have the time to catch up on all that has happened here, so it will be very reduced precense...
I'm glad you added Dunedains Camp to your list of good Tolkien EzBoards, as you yourself posted there awhile back(haven't seen you in a while though?), so...we aren't nearly as big as Entmoot, but we are growing...(If you wonder why I talk about we, it is because I think of myself as one of the people that got it going... I go by Celeborn there, but that is just a local account, so I have this for other boards...)
As for going vBulletin, I have no idea whatsoever what that is, but I will stick with you then too, just as I would if you were still on EzBoard, since I like it here...

Tater: why is that? I think it is a really nice board... nice people and such, mostly... not too big, though...
Old 08-05-2001, 10:58 PM   #12
bmilder

noldo: You're right, these boards can be good. You can get close personal relationships on those boards very easily. But I think that at Entmoot we have achieved the happy medium - big enough to distinguish it from the majority of Tolkien boards, but small enough so that you can be easily accepted into the community.

Manwe : Glad to hear that we haven't scared you off or something . Come whenever you can - I suppose real life has to take precedence occasionally . I'm sure there are nice people at Ost-in-Edhil, but unfortunately the things they do sloppily are immediately apparent. The huge banner is a big design no-no for instance, and the extremely long custom title the administrator has assigned himself stretches out all the posts to ugly lengths. (A simple in the middle will remedy that). If they fixed the cosmetic aspect I'm sure they'd do better.
Old 08-06-2001, 02:16 AM   #13
Shanamir Duntak

Good bye everyone that has to go.

Come back when you can!
Old 08-06-2001, 05:31 AM   #14
Manwe Sulimo

Ben: It takes more than this to scare me off...
If I could choose between the real life I'll be living, and Entmoot etc, I would choose Entmoot etc, easily... It is not exactly a voluntary move... :/
If I am lucky, there will be a computer that I can borrow, and get online a bit... I'll stop by now and then if I can...
Old 08-07-2001, 02:24 AM   #15
EZ Board Nomad

I did not mean to cause such a stir...
I think most people can visit both the board they first see the caravan at (such as the Entmoot here) AND the boards we visit...
That was my intention...

And as for the 'running out of sites' issue, I will make a post soon on my boards adressing just that
Old 08-07-2001, 03:09 AM   #16
bmilder

Well, nice to see you back after all EZBN.

You're absolutely right - I still think you have a great idea. I was just getting a bit worried there .
Old 08-07-2001, 11:40 AM   #17
anduin

Don't mind Ben, he is just paranoid.

Sorry I haven't joined ya yet, but I've been a bit busy lately and haven't really had time for this board this week.
Old 08-07-2001, 11:45 AM   #18
Manwe Sulimo

He's nearly as paranoid as me...

You''ve missed a board now, anduin... dunno where we'llbe going next...
Old 08-07-2001, 04:50 PM   #19
webwizard333

I think we're being told out next attack site errrrr . . . destination tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:21 PM   #20
Manwe Sulimo

Exciting, isn't it? hope it's somewhere nice...