Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-14-2002, 06:22 PM   #1
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Other films by Peter Jackson

I was speaking to a mate tonight who said that Jackson had made a bunch of hilarious dodgy slasher flicks prior to LOTR. Has anyone seen or heard of these?
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:35 PM   #2
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I've seen one of his movies that i think was based on a true story about these two girls and in the end they kill one of the girls mother. It was really weird. I think i saw it on the IFC channel.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 10:39 PM   #3
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

The only film of his I've seen was "Forgotten Silver" which was immenently forgettable.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh, you absolutely HAVE to see Bad Taste. It's a blast! And you'll see some not-so-beautiful NZ landscape.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:15 PM   #5
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Oh, you absolutely HAVE to see Bad Taste. It's a blast! And you'll see some not-so-beautiful NZ landscape.
I'll pop it in the queue at Netflix.

Thanks, you purist you.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-14-2002, 11:22 PM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hey, with a cover like this how can you not love it?

There's another one which I haven't seen, called Braindead, which is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Quote:
Erawyn:
I've seen one of his movies that i think was based on a true story about these two girls and in the end they kill one of the girls mother. It was really weird.
Hah. Zat is not slash. IMNSHO, Heavenly Creatures is probably his best movie to date.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 10-14-2002 at 11:24 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:05 AM   #7
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Hey, with a cover like this how can you not love it?
Woof! That's the ticket. An exact match to the description he gave. For some reason, though, they seem not to be on at the Odeon.

Now then, where can I nab them from? (roll on video-napster..)

So what do you reckon... will Jackson return to his cinematic roots for his next project after ROTK?
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:45 PM   #8
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Supposedly, Jackson's next "dream project" after LOTR is a remake of King Kong.

By the way, I'm moving this over to the Entertainment Forum.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 05:37 AM   #9
Cirdan

King Kong? Hasn't that been redone to death?

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-17-2002, 12:18 PM   #10
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Um, no. Just the 1930s classic, and one rather forgettable (and forgotten) 1970s remake that really didn't count for much. Unless you count Toho's Godzilla vs. King Kong or whatever, but that's not a King Kong remake, strictly speaking...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote