Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-13-2002, 09:07 AM   #1
nazgul prince
Enting

harry potter jr.

There is an old low budget movie called troll.And the main character's name is harry potter jr. Did j k Rowling get her first idea's from this.It was made in the early 80's well before she wrote her books.Any thoughts.
nazgul prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:18 AM   #2
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Interesting, I'll have to look that movie up. But I believe this needs to be moved to Fantasy/Sci Fi Books...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Synopsis: A nasty old troll named Torok transforms the denizens of a San Francisco apartment house into mystical creatures.

that's all i can find.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:31 PM   #4
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Since this has to do with a movie, I'm moving this to the Entertainment Forum.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 07:57 PM   #5
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Summary form the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com):

An evil troll, Torok, the transformed state of the ex-husband of an old friendly witch named Eunice St. Clair, has chosen her apartment building to be the heart of the restoration of the world he once knew. To do this he uses an Emerald ring, and takes possession of a little girl named Wendy, whos brother Harry immediately suspects something wrong. Torok, often in the form of the little girl, goes into each occupants apartment, hideously transforming people (beginning with Peter Dickinson, named after the author/protagonist of The Flight of Dragons, which explores similar themes) into plant pods.

The only similarity I find between this movie and Rowling's books is the name of the character. I found some pictures of the actor who plays Harry Potter Jr. (Noah Hathaway), and he does have brown hair and is rather skinny (just as Rowling describes Harry), but that's probably merely coincidence. Maybe she came up with the name because if this movie, who knows?

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:17 PM   #6
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I think i've seen this movie before - it was shown on the disney channel or something like that years ago. Believe me - it is nothing like Hary Potter. From that description, you can tell that it has nothing to do with it. This movie might not have even been released in the UK.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:38 PM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Funny how it doesn't always occur to people that Harry Potter is a really, really common name... there must be loads of real Harry Potters all over the place.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote