Elven Icon Maker

A loved one's bed...

(Who ever that might be then...)

"Orange is the new pink, and men are the new women."
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:35 PM   #22
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I don't have one at the moment. But when I used to live at home (long time ago now!) my parents used to have a "lifestyle" block - you know, for wannabe farmers. Anyway, it was only 2 1/2 hectares, and about 1 hectare was native bush - ti tree, fern and stuff. And right at the bottom of our section there were two ponds with frogs, ducks and dragon flies. So whenever I used to get stressed - which was a lot back then - I used to take a book, a cigarette (dirty habit, gave it up pretty quickly thank eru...), and my cat Rebel down there. And I'd sit under the eaves of the native trees, and listen to the frogs, the ducks, and the Pukeko (which my daft cat was always trying to hunt) while reading and escaping from my home troubles. And every now and then, I'd be harangued by the "viscious cows" that used to chase my mother 'round, and they'd sneak up on me, and lick my legs.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:22 AM   #23
Draken
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by viggosbeard
warm beer and linament - a truly wholesome place to be ! Draken you are a man of taste indeed , mayhap you were a dwarf in an earlier life - i really believe durins folk invented real ale and wouldnt be surprised if they also invented rugby league ( i think elves invented rugby union, not much tackling so they can all stay nice and clean ) imagine 13 bearded dudes in scrum caps , frightening!
Oh yes, I'd definitely think the elves would be the rah-rahs!

Would be nice to have a couple of Ents in the front row mind!

Truth be told, once you've endured losing at Batley on a cold wet Sunday afternoon, pretty much ANYWHERE can seem a favourite place!

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 10:07 PM   #24
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

5I have about 4 favorite places. The first is the pier at my first summer camp. It's so beautiful out there on the lake, and every year we go out and sing there one night. It's absoulutely breathtaking, listening to the harmony of evveryone's voices in such lovely surroundings.

The second is the Peace Hut at my first summer camp. It's this little gazebo type place with two big swings, 3 long benches and 2 short ones. I love to go there and just hang out with my friends, laughing and joking till our sides hurt.

The third is the beach at my second summer camp. I love to go sit there at night and just listen to the waves crashing gently into the shore, with the glow of the lighthouse sweeping around in circles.

The fourth is Barnes and Noble. I could live there - seriously! They have lots of couches to sleep on, the little coffee shop, Old Navy next door, the mall across the street, everything you need!

And last but not least, any little book shop or antique store. It's so neat to go in and browse around till you find the coolest little thing that you just have to have.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 10:48 PM   #25
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
In this desolate wilderness only three places I hold dear to my heart. The 1st is only a short bike ride away. It's this BEAUTIFUL willow tree by the river where in the spring you climb into the branches and sit staring at the water and you let your dreams and hopes sail through your mind and you just let go of worries and let them float away down the lazy waters of the Brandywine, or you can sit in the crook of the tree and read your barefeet rubbing against the rough bark.
The second is this small copse of trees on the hill behind my house. It is only a few yards wide and a few yards high yet inside it's brown depths is this little clearing where this old tree had fallen and lies on it's side. You can sit on it's old grey branches and listen to the wind in the branches above your head. It's cool in there but outside on the brown hill it's hot so it's a good place to sit and think, it's quite treeish and I have to constantly reassure myself that I'm not gonna be smooshed by an ent.
The last and most beautiful place is quite a walk away. You have to go westward through 3 BIG fields filled with sage and weeds to get to the road that leads over the last obstacle(a huge hill) and down into the valley. The road is initially a small truck trail and it widens as you continue homeward. You walk up the hill and first you have to look around the valley and see how beautiful it is here, then you turn west and walk down the hill. In the distance are mountains and hills filled with majestic pine forests. A few turns in the road and you're there. A small creek runs through the valley and turns everything green during the spring and autumn. Small trees line the creek banks and the creek is clear and cool. It is a haven of rest and cool breezes and flowers. I dont take a book or anything is just sit there with my feet in the water and let the stream go slipping by.
Those are my beloved places,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 07:42 AM   #26
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Close to where my parents live there's a huge hardwood forest. I call it the Sherwood forest, for fun. 'cause I can imagine Robin Hood and His Merry Men living in it

I like hardwood forests over all. And forest lakes in the morning when the mist hovers a few feet over the surface and the diver can be heard, calling mournfully.

Then there's the view over the sound between Scania and Denmark, which is incredibly beautiful, even when the weather is rainy and grey.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 09:50 AM   #27
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Judging from these posts, trees are wonderful things (we knew that!) I urge all property owners to immediately plant more trees!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 07:20 PM   #28
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Quote:
Old Navy next door, the mall across the street, everything you need!
Old navy... Ewww... *shudder*
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:07 PM   #29
elvenninnyhammer
Hobbit

HHHHMMMMM............ my fav place? well that would just hav to be, home. i like going to other places in all but i know it seems kinda dorky but thats where i love (although it would be better if the was a fire place) even ask fgf if my home is perfect ( well asperfect as they get i guess)
Old 07-23-2002, 01:38 AM   #30
Celandine
Elven Warrior

My favorite place is anywhere there is a roller coaster. I luv roller coasters, my home, and I've been to a sort of private pool and there is a nice little garden around it and it is very quiet because it is sort of my cousin's back yard.
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 06:58 PM   #31
Sween
im quite stupid

My favrite places are all pretty near my home which is pretty sweet. the first is the river cocker which i swim in each and every day in the summer. the second is the pubs in cockermouth (very reasobly priced beer and theres 20 of them in a mile radius), third is crumock water and the forth is my bed
Old 07-23-2002, 11:52 PM   #32
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Gosh, I love my bed! The older I get, the more I like to sleep. We got a new mattress this year, after twenty years, the old one sucked! I can't believe how heavenly the new mattress is! Good answer Sween!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:54 PM   #33
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
Old navy... Ewww... *shudder*
What's wrong with Old Navy?

Oh guess what? This is my 1000th post!!!! Yay!!!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:20 AM   #34
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra

The older I get, the more I like to sleep.
I sure hope that's not the case with me, because if it is, I'll be sleeping all day (and night) by the time I'm 20.

I love my bed too. I also love my neighborhood. I live in a small, rural town with lots of trees. I like going out into a remote field away from lights and looking at the stars at night.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:53 PM   #35
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I like to sit in the branches of the tree in my backyard on cool days and just do nothing. It's so relaxing and you don't have to think about anything. It's wonderful, especially if you're there around sunset....

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:55 PM   #36
BeardofPants
the Shrike

How do you stop thinking?
Old 07-24-2002, 06:59 PM   #37
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

well, for me it's not that difficult since i don't think that much anyway.
Oh, my dad told me that i na couple years when our tree gets big enough, he wants to build a flet in it!!!! I'm really ecxited!!!

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 05:22 PM   #38
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

My favorite place used to be my old bedroom. It was small, my wardrobe stood under my bed, that combined with a desk, 2 bookcases and a comfy chair left less than 1 m² free space. It was warm and cramped, it was my lair. I got to choose the paper and the carpet when I got it. It was in very aspect my room. I could stay whole evenings up there without getting bored a minute. My family would wonder wether I was still alive. My cat would keep me company. Then those nasty mordor-moths invaded and I had to move to a larger bedroom. Curse them root and branch!

The closest thing that comes to a favorite place now is the wooden pier next to the pond in the garden. When the sun shines I can sit there and look for hours into the water. Keeping track of the tadpoles, newts and other life that fills the pool.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:04 PM   #39
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
How do you stop thinking?
Simple. You first relax, look at a distant spot, daydream andsdddddddddasf. Sorry, got carried away.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 11:43 PM   #40
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

My favorite place to be is at Camp Maranatha! It is so nice up there! In the summer, during training that you have to take to do 5- Day- Clubs, it is filled with laufter! Everyone is happy, laufing, talking, being them selves, and having a great time! Then we finish training, and go do clubs! That is just as fun! All of the kids that you get to know, and love. And the other people that do 5- Day- Clubs with you are some of the neitest people I have ever ment! They are so honest, lively, happy, and full of compliments! If home is where the heart is, then i defently have more then one home, and one of them is up at Camp Maranatha! I love that place so much, that I can not even explane to you how much I love it! (The 5- Day- Clubs are not up at the camp, but I fill at home ther to because of the people around me!)

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote