Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2003, 11:21 PM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

What constitutes infidelity to you?

Is it strickly coitus?

Or going to a strip club ( male or female)?

Flirting?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Sex..you're dead meat, history. Strip club...well, dog house with scathing looks for a good three days. (If going to the strip club was your idea, there's a BIG problem. If you were dragged there unwillingly, perhaps there's some room to talk! ) Flirting....big, ugly, hairy fight, you lose.
All of those are "sorts" of infidelity to me. I have high standards for the man in my life. ( and I hold to those high standards myself)

Define flirting anyway! What exactly do you mean?

I will tolerate "reflex flirting". This type of uncontrollable flirting is sometimes unavoidable. I am a natural flirt (lightweight, meaningless stuff) so I simply avoid situations where I am alone with other men....socially. After being a harcore, successful ( ) player for so many years, well, it's a reflex!
Of course...if you are inclined to do serious flirting with other women, on MY time, please do it, and do it soon...so I can quit wasting my precious time on you.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Sex - of course, but I would also characterise emotional involvement with another person behind my back as infidelity. Strip club visits are harmless. Flirting is just for fun and keeps us both on our toes.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Ok, what'd you do?

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 01:56 PM   #5
Sween
im quite stupid

Is flirting ever harmless? I dont mind Vita flirting with people as a rule i just dont like it when she talks to some men because some of these men i would not rust as far as i could throw them. But i trust her so it isnt too much of an issue.

Strip club? That aint cheating of infedility, thats good quality entertainment

Old 10-05-2003, 02:45 PM   #6
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Recently a newspaper had a big online poll about infidelity with over 20,000 participants.

One of the questions was "what kind of infidelity would make you leave your partner?". A lot of things were listed, like cyber sex and flirting with a colleague or friend.

The results of the poll showed that 45% of the men and 62% of the women (Swedes of the age 36-35) didn't accept any kind of infidelity. Does that mean they would they leave their partner because of the 'smallest kind' of infidelity?

Another question was "what kind of infidelity would /not/ make you leave your partner?".
To this question, 40% of the men and 57% of the women answered the same thing as to the first question, i.e. they don't accept any kind of infidelity. Flirting via SMS was one of the options that you could pick. So together with all other imaginable kinds of infidelity, this is a reason for leaving your partner?

I think that the poll questions were very vague. To not accept any kind of infidelity is one thing. To /leave/ your partner because of infidelity is another.
I believe the poll results are quite misleading.

In case you can read Swedish, you can read the poll results or even take part in it here at Aftonbladet
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:02 PM   #7
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
Ok, what'd you do?
Nothing, it had been awhile since I started a thread that's all.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #8
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I wouldn't consider a strip club to be infidelity. I would consider infidelity more physical contact - or flirting where you are actually "looking for some action". Cybering can be infidelity.

Afro Elf - what do you consider infidelity? You asked the question and then don't answer.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:11 PM   #9
johnnyrod
Elven Warrior

Damn, if i get done for flirting then my missus will kick my arse from here to Ya Ya. Is it like murder, where intent gets you into trouble? But seriously, is it more like window shoppping, where it's okay as long as you don't buy anything?
Old 10-11-2003, 03:24 AM   #10
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrod
But seriously, is it more like window shoppping, where it's okay as long as you don't buy anything?
Yep, or like whetting your appetite before you go home and eat.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:05 AM   #11
Sween
im quite stupid

I think what i really consider cheating is acting upon it. I mean its ok to fancy another person or be attracted to them. Hell ill admit i fancy lots of people im attracted to a lot of people and i sure as hell dont believe that there isnt plenty of people out there that we can be in love with. I mean honestally how many people do we come into contact with in our lives? A very small percentages of whats out there. I mean im from a small town so i dont know that many people. But the people i do know i know well.

Been in a realtionship really isnt a natral state for a human to be in! Well not a maole at any rate ! We are ment to by design want to spread our seed a little! But when you enter into a realtion ship its more for security and to raise a family which i think you cannot put into words what that means but you just do