Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #141
katya
Elven Maiden

I was obsessed with crayon colors in elementary. I could probably have named all the colors in a 64 pack from memory, and I remember I was incredibly envious of anyone with a 96 or however many pack. We used to draw a lot too. Those were the days.

The electronics are quiet now. Almost... too quiet. Constant vigilance!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #142
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Those were the days! I remember when we got giant pencils in school... I really miss giant pencils.

And the hardest part of my day was making a pine cone birdfeeder...

I'm so glad I'm done with school...

Yes... but the question is... how can we monitor the electronics when we're not around? We can't use more electronics!

*ponders*

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #143
katya
Elven Maiden

I'd say we could call up the ghosts and tell them we aren't afraid of them anymore, and try and develop our psychic powers, but I think maybe that uses electricity. They might intercept it.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #144
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

yes... so the theory goes.. ghosts require electricity to manifest...

I watch way too much Ghost Hunters Anywho...

Hmm yes, there are a few kinks to work out, but a ghost alliance just might be possible.

Pie?

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #145
katya
Elven Maiden

I think my answer to all of that is "yes".

I might need a nap soon. Feast makes me sleepy.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #146
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

And I think I might need bed soon... 11 PM after a long day out makes me sleepy

*hands over some pie*

Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #147
katya
Elven Maiden

Going to sleep after a long day is always nice.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #148
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Especially when you have someone to spoon with!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #149
katya
Elven Maiden

Word.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #150
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Hehe ^^ Well, I trust you to carry on the Teacup spammery after your nap and whilst I am in bed ^^

Can I trust you with this mission?

And also the mission to make contact with the other side in hopes of an alliance against the evil robots?

Old 10-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #151
katya
Elven Maiden

You can count on me. *salute*
Old 10-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #152
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

So there were no ghosts prior to Ben Franklin?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #153
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Heh. Correspoondence = Pillow talk with your big/little spoon.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #154
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I'll have to take your word for it.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #155
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Either that or try it yourself.

Fun times...
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #156
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Can't even get to my darn movie, smarty pantses.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #157
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
Absolutely. I have a perverse fondness for bases and set theory.

Whats her (or your) style...re dresses?

And I wanna see a picture of your fella.
Too lazy to post a picture of him, but trust me, he's very handsome.

We actually found a dress for her today!! It's so beautiful. It's chocolate brown with spaghetti straps. It has a narrow sash that hangs down the left with a small, square bling-y pin about 1 square cm in size. It's flow-y but not too loose. I love it and so does my future husband. <3

My wedding dress also has spaghetti straps and a full length skirt. It's white, with subtle, beaded embroidery on the bodice. There is a long sash that widens which you tie into a bow to kinch the waist. There are numerous small gathers evenly spaced on the skirt. I'm going to rent a crinoline for it to poof it out. I also have white satin heels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
I just made some "put a bunch of stuff in a pan" soup, if anyone is brave enough to try it. It's too hot so I haven't even tested it myself yet.
I would love some random soup!! Allow me to add freshly-baked real sourdough bread.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #158
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person View Post
*drop kicks Midge, and she lands 50yrds away on her tender hieny*

Woot! I'm getting better!

But Nurv is right. Arabic numerals did lift the standard quite a bit. We still use them now, so hey, something worked.
OUCH! *rubs hiney tenderly... so as not to aggravate the pain!!! What did you think I meant???*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
Well, the way I see it... my parents don't really have any say in the matter lol... I mean, yeah, I'll listen to their opinions and take them to heart, but ultimately it's my life, it's my relationship, and the only people who truly know what goes on in it and what is so good about it are my fiance and I.

My parents have been really supportive (or my mom at least), his parents haven't been, so much... but we're both adults, he's even older than I am, and it's our decision. We've discussed it a lot and it's just the decision that seems to make the most sense...
It's funny, we're both really old-fashioned, him even more so than me. I would LIKE to have my parents' blessing, but if we have the means to be married and they're just not letting me because they want me to wait, I'm all for skipping that and eloping or something. Or just getting married anyway. But my boyfriend really thinks my dad should give us permission. He asked my dad for permission to date me before we began officially dating.

It might sound kind of odd, but he thinks of it like this: When a girl is born, she is given to the charge of her father. She is his responsibility until she gets married, when she goes into the charge of her husband. That's why parents "give" their daughters to the man at weddings, traditionally. It probably sounds pretty sexist, because it stems from a sexist time period, certainly, but my boyfriend isn't like that. He takes to heart the equal idea (a husband and wife have equal status, but different roles). Even if he is the sole breadwinner, I would be his wife, and it won't be HIS money, or MY money. It would be OUR money. That sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
High School sweethearts, atleast your highschool relationship meant something. Mine dont usually last longer than a month or two. High school can be so ridiculous .

Hyrulian Saviour! Hahahahaha that is so funny!!!!!!!! I'll seriously have to consider it!! Hmm...maybe not so much Zelda lover, but indeed Link lover...hahaha I am SO WEIRD. But I think I'm cool..., which is probably why Im a loser...
The thing about high school relationships that I figured out is you need to find out if the guy you are dating is looking for something lasting, or just something for fun. If it's just for fun, go hang out with him just for fun. If not, and your motives are similar, go for dating.

I had a boyfriend before my current one, and I made the mistake of assuming he was dating to assess the possibility of marriage. He wasn't. It was really sad. I had a very long email conversation with my current boyfriend (it lasted a month) about motives before we even attempted hanging out socially (going bowling and dinner at a Village Inn), let alone dating!

Quote:
AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I made a 99% on my US test, and a 21/20 on my Trig hw. I am doing so well in trig, and it makes me really proud of myself! I'm doing awesome in all of my classes and it just puts me in a bright mood . And I'm like what...5 away from 500?
I always loved Trig. It holds a special place in my heart.

Quote:

I havent thought about what I am going to do for my 500th post. Probably nothing special. Orrrrr I could just talk about my whole entmoot history up until this point !! But that would just be annoying hahaha. I'm still thinking about the custom title lol.
Yeah... I was on here for two years in the LOTR quote game before I realized how to use the rest of Entmoot. I think I just missed my 500th post. I didn't realize till 800 that you could change your title. Or HOW to change a title, rather.

Quote:
500 POSTS!!!!!!!!
WHOOP WHOOP!!! It's been an interesting journey so far and I can't wait to continue the adventure
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
I have returned, you may all rejoice!
"... And there was much rejoicing.

'Yay... yay!..."

[/rejoicing Monty Python-style]

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
I was obsessed with crayon colors in elementary. I could probably have named all the colors in a 64 pack from memory, and I remember I was incredibly envious of anyone with a 96 or however many pack. We used to draw a lot too. Those were the days.

The electronics are quiet now. Almost... too quiet. Constant vigilance!
Moody!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #159
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
It's funny, we're both really old-fashioned, him even more so than me. I would LIKE to have my parents' blessing, but if we have the means to be married and they're just not letting me because they want me to wait, I'm all for skipping that and eloping or something. Or just getting married anyway. But my boyfriend really thinks my dad should give us permission. He asked my dad for permission to date me before we began officially dating.
Aw, that is cute. My fiancé did think about asking my dad for permission, but he didn't. Personally I place absolutely no importance on this activity, but I think it's cute that he thought about it (even though I actually think asking for permission is dumb). But to each their own. Couples should go about their business in a way that makes them both feel comfortable.

Quote:
It might sound kind of odd, but he thinks of it like this: When a girl is born, she is given to the charge of her father. She is his responsibility until she gets married, when she goes into the charge of her husband. That's why parents "give" their daughters to the man at weddings, traditionally.

It probably sounds pretty sexist, because it stems from a sexist time period, certainly, but my boyfriend isn't like that. He takes to heart the equal idea (a husband and wife have equal status, but different roles). Even if he is the sole breadwinner, I would be his wife, and it won't be HIS money, or MY money. It would be OUR money. That sort of thing.
It started out sexist, but that doesn't mean we can't appropriate the tradition and make it not sexist. My fiance and I were trying to decide about how to do aisle-walking. My Mom thought it would be nice for my Dad to give me away, not because she thinks I'm property, but because my Dad is very important in my life and the action would represent the importance of family in my life. I decided though, that my fiancé and I walking down the aisle together is more symbolic of our relationship. My fiancé likes the idea.

I think I missed some important posts of yours, Empress Flynn and/or Shesabrandybuck.

Quote:
I always loved Trig. It holds a special place in my heart.
Trig and algebra were my favourite in high school and remain so to this day.

Quote:
I havent thought about what I am going to do for my 500th post. Probably nothing special. Orrrrr I could just talk about my whole entmoot history up until this point !! But that would just be annoying hahaha. I'm still thinking about the custom title lol.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #160
katya
Elven Maiden

I certainly don't think getting parents' permission to marry is a bad idea. I wouldn't want to cause strife within the family. If the (hypothetical) parents don't like them, then I think it's worth trying to help them see what you love about them, or maybe you'll end up seeing why the parents don't like them. But, when it comes down to it I think parents have a lot of misunderstandings and fears too, and you should do what you think is best in the end. I would elope if I had to. I think my dad wants to slay my boyfriend with a fireman's ax, and I think his dad just doesn't like me for no particular reason that I can figure out. I think they're starting to come around though.

Yes! Someone appreciated the Moody-ness!!!
Closed Thread