Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #121
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

The drums.

Ghan-Buri-Ghan was the first one to hear them. He was old now...a shadow of what he had been-leader of the Druadan. His hair was white now...he spent his days sleeping and staying home. His son ruled now...Kur-Arag-Kad. Ambitious, the boy was...and there was something about him...

The drums beat.

Ghan stood feebly, and walked toward them slightly, craning his neck to listen closely. A look of fear passed over his face...

A dart whistled through the woods. It lodged in the old leader's neck.

He fell to the ground, forever silenced.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 01-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #122
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

The moment she was on the horse, she felt calm. There was something comforting about it. She closed her eyes and let the rhythm of the animal beneath her soothe her frazzled nerves. Something tingled just above her hip. She looked down and moved aside the tattered rags. Pressed dark and deep into her skin was the image of a dragon, fire and ice. She shivered, covering the mark.
Whatever it meant, she hoped to learn.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #123
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

When Curamir noticed the young woman joining them naturally he was interested.

"Whom do I have the pleasure of addresing fair one? he inquired

"I..." she then rode back to acalwecia weeping quietly

"See what kind of effect you have on women Curamir? you always have been, how shall I say...challenged in that area, its your face I think, they can't stand the sight, or perhaps they feel sorry for you" came up Colomir with a glint in his eye.

"you're one to talk about having an ugly face, why I remember when we called you the raccoon because of those, not one, but two black eyes I gave last time you tried to steal my girl" recalled Curamir dryly.

"your girl?" Colomir said incredulously, "come now that was years ago we were what? twelve surely you don't hold a grudge that long little brother.

"quit you two we don't have time" said Acalwecia with a grin "she has no memory, she was near the willows so until her memory returns we will call her- Lady Willow, meet the Princes of Ithilien Colomir and Curamir, sons of Faramir.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #124
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

She smiled at the men weakly. At least now she had a name: Lady Willow. It charmed her in a way. If only she could know that it was really hers. "It is a pleasure to meet you, my lords. Might I inquire as to where we are going?"
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #125
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Alatariel Nénharma awoke. She felt ice rubbing against her skin and knew she lay in snow. She had been sent from the darkness. The woman had appeared in Gondor. Alatariel was sent to kill her. Luckily, she had the advantage. The woman, more like a child, knew nothing of who she was or what she was meant to do.

Alatariel laughed darkly. This would be all too easy.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #126
Curubethion

Strider

Morluin closed his eyes. A chill had fallen over the air...he closed his eyes and felt...

Someone had come...powerful...mighty...but not so mighty...

"Alatariel...is it you?" he whispered, reaching out by the bonds of Morgoth's Maiar. "Alatariel...come. I have a task..."

"I know, Pallandro! It's good you saw the light at last! Ha! You are no equal of the Pure, yet I must work with you. I will work with you...for it is required of me...So I will help you slay your brother!"

The vision vanished in an instant. It left a shiver in the evil wizard...and a sense of resentment and hatred. He held his staff closer, beginning to plot...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are going to the Houses of Healing," Acalewia told the lady. "There you may rest."

"Rest?" Willow echoed. "No...I cannot rest! There is something that calls me! Something that speaks of an evil that must be fought..."

"You do need rest."

"I...cannot, though..."

Curmaar cut in, "Do not bother her, Acalewia. She speaks the truth. If she will go to the north, I will go with her, for it is my role in this tale to play. My role...though I know it not fully.

"Lady Willow, you should rest...but then we shall go to the north. There is something there, I am sure, that we have been chosen to do."
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 01-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #127
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow nodded, still unsure. Something inside her memory stirred when the north was mentioned. Cold, ice... death. She shivered. Oh, why couldn't she have a clear memory? One name was not enough.

Aragorn... Aragorn. Save the land, save him. Protect the King. Be strong, this is your quest. DRAGONSLAYER.

She cried out and the words shouted in her head. It made her dizzy. Acalewia held onto her arm. "Lady Willow, what troubles you?" Willow shivered once more.

"I wish I knew."

Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #128
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Alatriel shook the snow from her black garb, laughing. What did the trials of mortals and wizards mean to her? Nothing! Still, she could use information and transportation. She liked to keep all avenues open. Rolling her shoulders, she thought of something that would prove useful. And doubtlessly amusing.

"Nurta, nwalmaer. Dolle naa lost."

The words would carry on the winds to the girl-child. And they would frighten her. Alatriel smirked. It would not be long before she was back with her Hell fathers.

*Hide, tormented one. Your head is empty.

Last edited by Lady Willow Rose : 01-10-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #129
rohirrim TR

Alatar, Hluor and the rangers had just passed valley of stone trolls when Alater heard the fell voice on the air. He walked to the top of the hill and shouted "Gurth en heleg nuin nar, Haradrim-mellon" it resonated through the hills, through Mourluins sub-concsious, past Alatariel and finally like a whisper to Curmaar's ears.

*death to ice by fire, southern friend.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #130
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Elnar pulled his sister aside.
"If Aragorn is the only name she knows, perhaps seeing him will help her memory."
"Perhaps," she said. She turned to Willow. "Lady Willow, I shall return. Elnar shall stay with you." As she walked past him she wispered, "Use your gift if you must, Little Brother" She mounted her horse and rode to the king.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #131
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow watched the she-elf leave her. It didn't bode well to her. Acalewia was someone she instinctively trusted. She clung to the cloak she had been given. Then she felt it. A voice, dirty and dark, ripping across her mind.

"Nurta, nwalmaer. Dolle naa lost."

Willow screamed in pain. The elven words in that voice stung her, made her bleed emotionally. But the words did not only cause pain. Something strong and ancient rose up in her breast, words poured from her mouth.

"Antolle ulua sulrim. Uuma ma' ten' rashwe, ta tuluva a' lle."

The pain stopped and Willow slumped down in the saddle, barely conscious.

*Much wind pours from your mouth. Don't look for trouble, it will come to you

Old 01-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #132
Acalewia

Elnar started when Willow began to speak Elvish. What she meant he did not know. He gently took her off the horse.
"Lady Willow?" She said nothing. He glanced at Cumaar, who was at his side. Elnar placed a hand on Willow's forehead.
What is tormenting you, Daughter of Mystery? Then he saw her. He pulled his hand back as if he had been burned. That was the one face he did not wish to see.
"What is it, Ranger?" Cumaar asked.
"A new enemy in the North." In truth, Elnar had faced Alatriel before and knew her power. A power that nearly killed him. He didn't have the full elven power to counter her.
"Revive, Daughter. Revive"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 AM   #133
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow floated within her own world. It was comforting. She saw herself clean, graceful and happy. One eye green and one eye gray. Long brown hair floating around her like a veil. She heard words spoken to bring her back and frowned. She didn't want to go back.

Still, there was something she had to do. A name that lingered in her broken memory. And now an enemy to confront.

Alatriel....

Willow opened her eyes and stared up at the clouds. "I must go to the North. Immediately."

Old 01-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #134
Acalewia

Acalewia rode up to the King.
"Where are the others, Acalewia" He asked, using her true name.
"We have found a woman with no memory save for one name. Yours. We have called her Lady Willow until we can discover her true name." Elessar became thoughtful.
"Mine is the only name she knows?"
"Yes. Only the name of Aragorn is in her memory." Elessar turned his horse.
"Then lead me to her."

"Then I shall go with thee." Elnar said.
"And I. For I have been called North, for what reason I know not" Cumaar said. "And nothing you shall say will stop me"

Old 01-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #135
rohirrim TR

Far in the North in the village of Bree Alatar and the rangers were gathering wood and stockpiling it in he cellar of the Prancing Pony. The innkeeper was somewhat disturbed at their news.

"now what kind of things we comin too when theres snow and ice blowin on Bree there hasn't been a snowstorm like this for 80 years or more my grandfather spoke of a storm like this and there were dreaded wolves made out of ice some say and.." Butterbur liked having a captive audience and the snowstorm was certainly helping in that respect.

"peace, my good man, we all know of that storm but it will pale in comparison to what we are about to experience; but right now I need to know the whereabouts of that sorcerer who burned the huts not two days hence you remeber don't you?" asked Alatar in a quiet voice.

"Remember!? how could we forget all them farmers going mad and chasing rangers and that bloke with the staff is gone the morning with all the rangers and three buildings gone I tell you nothin but ashes and part of me stables was burnt too awful I tell you...and"

"Yes thats enough, now where is he now what are the gossipers saying about him now?" interupted Alatar.

"well theres rumor that he left town going south, but theres also talk of an old homestead on the borders of buckland deserted it is but a few claim to have seen people around there and smoke from the chimney so its possible hes there or it could be someone whos trying to get out the snow and..."

"thank you innkeeper we understand the situation that will be all" Alatar cut him off and paid him for the night.
Quote:
Old 01-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #136
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Alatriel walked without feeling weariness. Hate, darkness and despair drove her. She didn't think much of 'Lady Willow's' triumph. Those were words. Skill in battle was another thing altogether.

She headed for Bree. There were a few things to gather.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #137
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow sighed. "It seems the stubborness of men has not changed in the last thousand years..." She gasped. Alnar and Cumaar both stared at her.

"Are you immortal, Lady Willow?" Alnar inquired casually, though his eyes were intense.

"I haven't the least idea."

Old 01-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #138
Curubethion

Strider

"It matters not," Curmaar replied, as if tossing the idea by the wayside. "We have work to do. Are you with me?"

"Aye," chorused the Lady and Elnar.

"Get your equipment, and find the Lady a walking staff. I'll get horses and supplies," Curmaar told them. "We can be off right away."

Acalewia smiled. Putting her hand on the Southron's shoulder, she whispered, "Quel fara. Lle naa belegohtar."

The words filled him with a calm...like the lapping of sea waves at Pelargir. Curmaar slightly smiled, and turned away. His gait was relaxed as he strode away.

"Good hunting. You are a mighty warrior."
Old 01-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #139
Acalewia

Acalewia turned to Willow.
"Come. I have spare clothes for you. and some one for you to meet" As the two women walked away, something began tugging at Acalewia's memory. Why could she not grasp it. They entered a building and the King greeted them.
"This is Lady Willow, Elessar."

Meanwhile, Elnar was gathering equipment for the journey North. Something stirred within him. Lasto! No dhinen! Hain u-'role! He started. Where did that come from.? he wondered, not relizing he was countering Alatriel.

*Listen! Be slient! I do not fear you!*

Last edited by Acalewia : 01-14-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #140
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Lady Willow gasped. She saw his eyes first. And how she could have forgotten them was a mystery to her. Beautiful, powerful eyes.

And she remembered more.

The light was blinding and even her eyes could not get used to it. The powerful beings before her were friends, and yet terrifying.
"What is my task?" she asked quietly.
"You must protect Middle Earth from the darkness rising to threaten it," the voices answered in unison. She blinked.
"Haven't we always left Middle Earth alone so it can learn and grow? Why the interference now?"
"It is your destiny. You will lose your memory, forget all but one name."
"Whose name, yaaraerea?"
"You will know it soon enough. We fear that your fate is dark and painful. You shall love him against your will. And, to protect him, give your very life."
"I can love no one!" she exclaimed. "That is practically cast in stone!"
"NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!" they bellowed. "You will love and you will suffer for it. We are sorry for that, Finduilas Tîwele." She looked up, and the tears that fell from her eyes turned to ashes.
"I accept this mission."

She awoke from her trance with a sharp gasp. Still she stared into his eyes and she felt her heart awaken. And she cried again. "Elen sila lumenn omentilmo."

Lady Willow fell.

*Ancient ones
*A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting

Last edited by Lady Willow Rose : 01-16-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Closed Thread