Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 04:01 PM   #1221
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Ahhhhhhh
I'm really annoyed cos i've been trying to organise somthing for this weekend with som friends from london and it has been sooooooo much hassle. also my best friend bailed out on me yesterday and i was looking forward to it all week.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 10-18-2002, 04:50 PM   #1222
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I failed to meet my deadline. *sigh*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-18-2002, 05:15 PM   #1223
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I still don't have a company for my practical. *sigh*

*counts to ten* AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGLLLLLLL!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 08:36 PM   #1224
osszie
Elven Warrior

Aaargh I need nicotine

My head is spinning like I have just downed a bottle of vodka!!

Why did I ever start smoking?

For the real vent...............I know people who have been stopped smoking over ten years........and some of them STILL have a constant craving........is this the rest of my life (is it heck, I'm weak, but not that weak )
Old 10-18-2002, 10:36 PM   #1225
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

ARRGH!! How can you stand to drink without smoking? Yes, I quit smoking 12 years ago (after smoking 15 years). I still get a craving. I used to sneak cigars, trying to convince myself it wasn't smoking.

Vent? I wish I hadn't remembered about cravings.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-19-2002, 01:01 AM   #1226
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Is too late...friend won't get off the phone....trying to make me get off Entmoot to talk to her, I'm paying for it....Tired.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 09:14 AM   #1227
Garina
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
Is too late...friend won't get off the phone....trying to make me get off Entmoot to talk to her, I'm paying for it....Tired.
Some of my friends do that too, generally when I'm in the middle of typing quite a long post!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Old 10-19-2002, 03:28 PM   #1228
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
My parents and brother are forever nagging me to get off entmoot! I never listen to them but it is still really annoying .

anyway another thing that really annoys me is when the cinema ask me wy age when i want to see a 12.
i'm 14 now and i may be small but i dont think i am that small.
Suddenly 15 sounds so much better than 14.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 10-20-2002, 01:48 AM   #1229
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Not really a vent per se, but I start my new job tomorrow, and I'm totally nervous! No more freedom!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:06 AM   #1230
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Good Luck Beardy. I hope it works out well.

Here's my vent:
Oasis ain't coming here no more! Darn those bombers. Now it's not even that safe to go to the malls. We need more sniffing dogs beside those Hogwarts-wand-waving guards.

I hope the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus don't back out of their concerts in the next 2 months.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 10-20-2002, 06:40 PM   #1231
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

AAAAAAYYYYYYYYIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!*bangs head against the wall* WHY can nothing go right?! Dave has crashed! Or so it bloody seems. He makes gollumnoices! No computer in his right digital mind impersonates Gollum! He won't open my computer and he won't open the virusscanner and I didn't get a backup from the files I have on him. And I bet my sister is going to blame ME for it when she comes back, even if I wasn't even NEAR when it happened. The bloody computershop isn't open tomorrow so we'll have to bring him in tuesday. GRRRRRRRR! And I STILL don't have a company where I can do that bloody practical!
Old 10-20-2002, 07:38 PM   #1232
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Good luck, BoP!

Eärniel, ask if you can do your practical at BoP's new job! Well, it's a little far for you, but...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:00 PM   #1233
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

MY GRANDMA IS COMING FOR THANKSGIVING!!!! WHAT CAN I DO??? MY GRANDMA IS THE MEANEST WALKING OLD LADY FROM FLORIDA THAT EVER WALKED THIS PLANET! WHAT CAN I DO??
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:15 PM   #1234
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
MY GRANDMA IS COMING FOR THANKSGIVING!!!! WHAT CAN I DO??? MY GRANDMA IS THE MEANEST WALKING OLD LADY FROM FLORIDA THAT EVER WALKED THIS PLANET! WHAT CAN I DO??
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Run.
But honestly samwise, is she really that bad? Well . . . I don't know, though. If you're terrified as you sound, then running usually makes more sense than making a fool of yourself. But . . . well . . . try and be nice to her? She's you family after all . . ..
I don't think I'm being too helpful, am I?

My vent:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!

Thank you.

Callbacks are tomorrow *bites nails*
I tired out for my old elementary school's parent theatre group's production of the Music Man, and I got called back for Amarylliss (whose name I can't spell) and I'm not thinking about anything else. Even thoughts about Tolkien and hobbits and what-have-you start me thinking about auditions, which should show you just how ar gone I am . . . *bites nails more*

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 10-20-2002, 08:41 PM   #1235
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Good luck Laurelyn! Grrr..I hate being perpetually broke. Today I almost bought a copy of Unfinished Tales, but I had no money, and so I couldn't buy it! And since I'm only 14, there's practically no place that will hire me, so I can't make any money...Evilness.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:50 PM   #1236
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Sorry, TC! Hey, I got an idea - I'll type in one sentence from UT every day for you! That way, you'll save money and still get to read it! (sorry, just kidding - but Christmas is coming soon, and I hope you get it!)

anyway,
Quote:
I - Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin
RÃ*an, wife of Huor, dwelt with the people of the House of Hador; but when rumour came to Dor-lómin of the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and yet she could hear no news of her lord, she became distaught and wandered forth into the wild alone.
Hey, I had forgotten that UT opened with RÃ*an (what a pretty name!) BTW, be sure and check out the bit I wrote for you in the Tengwar thread in honor of your finishing the Sil

(note the ó copied from my sig!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-20-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:41 PM   #1237
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Something really really awful just happened. I am still shaking. Two people have been shot dead at my university and a few people injured. I was at Uni at the time, but luckily in a lecture on the other side of campus. I just called my Mum and she was full on crying. Anyway, I just felt I had to vent this, its hard to type, my hands are shaking. This is so scary, just last week the bombing in Bali and now this. I think the world has gone crazy. Luckily I'm OK.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:54 PM   #1238
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
Something really really awful just happened. I am still shaking. Two people have been shot dead at my university and a few people injured. I was at Uni at the time, but luckily in a lecture on the other side of campus. I just called my Mum and she was full on crying. Anyway, I just felt I had to vent this, its hard to type, my hands are shaking. This is so scary, just last week the bombing in Bali and now this. I think the world has gone crazy. Luckily I'm OK.
That's horrible, cass. The world has gone cray. I live in the Washington, DC area so we are updating our sniper count again as of yesterday. It's much more disturbing when it happens on a school campus. There are so many people that are away from home for the first time. I reccommend staying inside with JRRT for company.

Vent: I hate guns!
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 10-21-2002, 12:01 AM   #1239
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Thanks, Cirdan. The Washington sniper scares me, even though I'm far away. I couldn't imagine looking over your shoulder, wondering if your going to get shot. I guess I will be doing that from now on. Yes, I hate guns. I used to think it was OK for people to have guns, but since I fell in love with The Beatles, I realize how easily they can take away beautiful and innocent lives.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:34 AM   #1240
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm really sorry you had to go through something like this cass. The world really does seem to have gone mad!

I just found out that a rape occured not far from the train station where I get off for my new job. Geez.