Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #721
OldHippie
Elven Warrior

Lotsi's just name dropping Hector. She was watchin TV.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #722
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No I was not name-dropping, I worked the Emmys last night. And I will be working them next Saturday, as well, when the actors & actresses get awarded - last night was the directors and cinematographers, they do the Emmys in 2 weekends. It's the only thing that's brought me any excitement or happiness over the last 3 weeks or so, so I wanted to tell about it last night when I got in so late from the gig, had to tell someone. It was so much fun.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #723
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
Wow Lotesse, very impressive...meeting/seeing all those famous folks.
Btw, my favorite cinematographer is Whatshisname Kaminski, who works with Spielberg. I just love how his movies look.
Janusz Kaminski! Yes, he's pretty famous in the film circuit, that's for sure.

But the Emmys is Television, littlescreen as opposed to bigscreen. Spike Lee was there last night because he picked up an Emmy for best direction of a documentary series for When The Levees Broke - did anyone here get to see this, by the way? I did, it was really good.

Spike Lee is tiny, by the way. Very small man, very big genius. God, it was the coolest to see him, I think, of all the people last night. I can't wait 'til next weekend, who I'll get to see then...

Old 09-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #724
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
But the Emmys is Television
Oh right , sorry. You mentioned cinematography, and I thought about Kaminski...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 09-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #725
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
No I was not name-dropping, I worked the Emmys last night. And I will be working them next Saturday, as well, when the actors & actresses get awarded - last night was the directors and cinematographers, they do the Emmys in 2 weekends. It's the only thing that's brought me any excitement or happiness over the last 3 weeks or so, so I wanted to tell about it last night when I got in so late from the gig, had to tell someone. It was so much fun.
Sounds great, I envy you.
Check your PM's.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 AM   #726
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
That's really cool! Allthough I'd probably wouldn't recognize anyone...

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 AM   #727
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
That's really cool! Allthough I'd probably wouldn't recognize anyone...
Likewise, but then I still manage to generally fail to recognise friends or old classmates and pass them by on the street.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #728
Mari
Elf Lady

same here, they would have to jump up and down in front of me, before I even notice there are people around me.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #729
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
same here, they would have to jump up and down in front of me, before I even notice there are people around me.
You would be a very poor waitress.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 09-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #730
OldHippie
Elven Warrior

ROTFLMAO That's putting it in perspective SisCuz.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 AM   #731
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
You would be a very poor waitress.
Driving would also be hazardous if I can't see the pedestrians in front of my car
But seriously, if you expect people to do something, or just to see people you know, you are looking differently at a crowd.

Last edited by Mari : 09-11-2007 at 03:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #732
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Just restrung my guitar after donkey's years ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #733
Mari
Elf Lady

Great! Can you play? Or still learning?

Old 09-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #734
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Playing guitar covers a very wide range of abilities - it's not like the violin or anything

I can do all the chords, plus augmented chords and a few extra things, and strum and pluck, and accompany songs - the basic stuff - but I'm not anything special at all. Mainly I got it restrung for my son, who's interested in playing. My main interest is playing my Celtic harp, which I've now had for about 4 years, and LOVE LOVE LOVE playing!

Do you play any instruments?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-15-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #735
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Saw Spike Lee tonight, very, VERY cool! And Kiefer Sutherland, who drove me crazy because i wanted so badly to bring him a cappuchino but he kept moving aroung the room networking or whatever - brought Jeff Bridges to the bar, he was thirsty as all get-out after that awards ceremony, I guess. He was really cool! And Wes Anderson was hanging around my section a lot, and I brought a special dinner to Neil Patrick Harris, plus got to see a lot of other interesting people and next weekend the TV superstars come back - oh, I've been working the Emmys at the Shrine Auditorium, and it has been SO much FUN!! This Saturday was the Creative end of it, directors and cinematographers and set designers and The Money; next weekend I go back and it's all about the Stars of shows. The Flash and the Glitter!

I love L.A. - christ, what's not to love??
A friend of mine worked a wedding up in Camarillo over the summer, at which none other than Jason Statham was a guest. I saw Guillermo del Toro when I went to see Pan's Labyrinth in Westlake Village. SoCal is neat that way.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 09-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #736
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
A friend of mine worked a wedding up in Camarillo over the summer, at which none other than Jason Statham was a guest. I saw Guillermo del Toro when I went to see Pan's Labyrinth in Westlake Village. SoCal is neat that way.
It is, it really, really is, isn't it? I swear, I'll never tire of spotting the cool celebs, and actually getting to interact with ones you personally like - even better. Tomorrow I work the second part of the Emmys. the Primetime Emmys, which - oooo, I can't wait!! I can't WAIT!! I'll be sure & come by the Moot & tell you guys who I've gotten to see, and I'm hoping to be able to serve & talk to some interesting ones up close & personal. There's gonna be a hell of a lot of stars there tomorrow. Yes!! Can't wait...

Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #737
Rían

We picked up a keyboard for my middle son on Friday - lots of good features, and the best part is a headphone! Now he can practice to his heart's content and not drive everyone else nuts and stop conversation in the kitchen/familyroom/livingroom areas by playing the piano there (the tile floors really magnify sound).

Then last night my husband put up the guitar holders (those nice wall ones) - so my oldest son has his electric guitar on his wall, my middle son has the keyboard in his room, and my daughter has the acoustic guitar on her wall. And I have my harp in the living room.

I feel like the Von Trapp family players!

And it was nice how the guitar-playing came back for me, as well as some songs on the piano. Amazing how muscle-memory works.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #738
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Playing guitar covers a very wide range of abilities - it's not like the violin or anything

I can do all the chords, plus augmented chords and a few extra things, and strum and pluck, and accompany songs - the basic stuff - but I'm not anything special at all. Mainly I got it restrung for my son, who's interested in playing. My main interest is playing my Celtic harp, which I've now had for about 4 years, and LOVE LOVE LOVE playing!

Do you play any instruments?
I learned how to play flute and had 4 years of organ/keyboard lessons, but in reality I suck. I am trying to teach myself how to play Für Elise though, because I love that tune. And if I finally succeed at playing it more or less right I'd like to start on Canon. But that might take a while... a long while...

Celtic harp? Sounds interesting, I love Celtic music! How big is it? How many strings? I knew the Gaelic word for harp, but I forgot. '
I tried to study Gaelic when I was young(er ) but I have the tendency to stop before I even get started, so that didn't work out too well.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #739
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Then last night my husband put up the guitar holders (those nice wall ones) - so my oldest son has his electric guitar on his wall, my middle son has the keyboard in his room, and my daughter has the acoustic guitar on her wall. And I have my harp in the living room.

I feel like the Von Trapp family players!
You should get your husband to start the flute or drums then! That would make it complete! ^_^ ♪

Old 09-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #740
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Waiting for lotesse *tap tap*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Closed Thread