Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2003, 08:06 PM   #41
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
Oh, and you have to be in your late 20's early 30's cause I'm so not going to rob ANY cradles...*did I even spell that right>* Although, my mentality level is probably that of an 8 year old!
LOL, I am so with you on that, haha
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:11 PM   #42
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Hey --- I'm not in any cradle now.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:12 PM   #43
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Oh, and you have to be in your late 20's early 30's cause I'm so not going to rob ANY cradles
Ditto for me.

I used to get valentines cards with SWALK written on them........these days (being ancient myself) I get cards marked INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE

Enjoy it while ya young kids.........it gets nothing but expensive when yer older

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:17 PM   #44
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Bah, I don't get valentine's cards. I always feel insignificant on valentine's days, with all these couples doing stuff... just reminds me how pathetic I am Guys aren't too fond of me in-person. Either I am a rather unlikeable person or the guys I know in-person happen to ALL be not my type.
But then... most everyone I know in-person is not my type, for anything. Heh, ask me how many friends I have

I'm fine though. Whatever.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:20 PM   #45
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
Bah, I don't get valentine's cards. I always feel insignificant on valentine's days, with all these couples doing stuff... just reminds me how pathetic I am Guys aren't too fond of me in-person. Either I am a rather unlikeable person or the guys I know in-person happen to ALL be not my type.
I know exactly what you mean. Same here! For me, Valentine's Day is the most depressing day of the year!
Old 02-09-2003, 08:37 PM   #46
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylvee Estel
For me, Valentine's Day is the most depressing day of the year!
Yeah, that's often been the case for me too. This Entmoot couples thing is interesting though...

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #47
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I think I've only had one good Valentine's Day, other than that they've all been crap, so I know the feeling
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-09-2003, 09:13 PM   #48
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I think I've only had one good Valentine's Day, other than that they've all been crap, so I know the feeling
lol, Ill join the club. I havent even had one good valentines day, like I said before, im always helping my friends set up little things for their bf/gf. It sucks, very depressing day!
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:18 PM   #49
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Get Yer Fingers Out Yer Wotsits!

Getting a bit grim this

Wots up with yer all?.......everyone must have someone they want to/will send a valentines to........surely?

It's not a confirmation of marraige or anything ya know.....just a bit of fun (I mean fer real......not on da 'moot).

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:18 PM   #50
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

I hope my valentine days in the future arn't as depresing as you make it sound like they'll be!!! ! I have never done any thing big for valentines day in the past as I am only in grade 6.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:01 PM   #51
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

I am almost in high school, and I have dome nothing interesting on Valentine's day-ever!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:05 PM   #52
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebréiel
lol, Ill join the club. I havent even had one good valentines day, like I said before, im always helping my friends set up little things for their bf/gf. It sucks, very depressing day!
Yeah but my valentine's days have consisted of doing something with girlfriends, so I'd rather be helping friends set up for their significant others than having horrible v-days with gf's such as I have

--Linaewen
Old 02-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #53
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

yikes. Sorry, Ah yeah, I guess it is better than being involved in the horrible v-day.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:23 PM   #54
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Who says we have to have just one V-day match?

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:44 PM   #55
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Yeah but my valentine's days have consisted of doing something with girlfriends, so I'd rather be helping friends set up for their significant others than having horrible v-days with gf's such as I have
that's depressing!!
Not ALL my valentines have been that bad, and when they are I usually go on the "corporate holiday just started to make us buy more crap" rant

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:04 PM   #56
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
im single and looking...

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:26 PM   #57
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

My sis-in-law is going to babysit for us on Valentine's day - YAY!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 12:46 AM   #58
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Erawyn
that's depressing!!
Not ALL my valentines have been that bad, and when they are I usually go on the "corporate holiday just started to make us buy more crap" rant
ok ok, maybe I have overdramatized a tad bit, lol, but still I hate v-day anyway, I've really only had one that sticks out in my mind as being great, but then again, it was great to see the look on the face of my ex after everything that I did for her

--Linaewen
Old 02-10-2003, 12:57 AM   #59
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm not fussy: I'll take 'em all.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:32 AM   #60
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

I guess i havent had any *absolutely* terrible valentines , just really uneventful.
~Celebréiel
Oh yeah, this is my V-day picture for this year! I hope this isnt considered advertising, http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/D....pl?INO=246624 *cringes*