Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #561
Eilonwy
Hobbit

"My name is Eilonwy and I have lived down here since I was about six"
Eilonwy found what she was looking for in her bag and out appeared
some kind of leafy herb. she began to pick off the leaves and rub them together. " I suggest we go above " and she started to move.

Last edited by Eilonwy : 04-02-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Eilonwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #562
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

"Well, in my old neighborhood, we called it 'gold dust' " Sis said calmly. "Might explain the excess of orcs, if the word got out."

She swung her torch over the terrain in front of them. "But look here. A huge lake. So, here's my question. Why do we have a nice long tunnel, straight to a beach full of gold dust, and guarded only by a slip of a girl with a bucket of soup, and yet, we're (almost) alone?"

"Does it make you curious about the lake, Naughty? It sure does me."

"And there's another problem", she admitted, her weariness showing a bit more. "One of the ingredients needs just these unlikely conditions to grow. I think I'm going to need to look a bit. Can't say I fancy the idea, though."

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #563
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Sas and his pets walked over to the entrance of the cave. "SIS! NAUGHTY!!! NICRO!!! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!" Sas yelled into the cave.

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
The Sasquatch of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #564
Nautipus
Kraken King

Nautipus' eyes glittered. "A lake you say? I might have to check around with you, you know, to check out the local fauna." Nautipus heaved himself up. "After you, sis. Eilonwy, you've been down here since you were six?! how have you survived? And, uh...do you know of any animals populating the lake?"

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #565
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"HELLO?! HELLO?!" yelled Sas, frustrated that since the battle everything was so confusing. His arm burned again, even though he put herbs on it. He looked at the wound closely and realized that the wound wasn't the one from his past- but the one he got from the dwarf shooting him with the blow-gun. "Oh-no."

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #566
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Sir GW returned to the forest and found the gravely wounded Acally with Mari at her side.

"Ill go and fetch some horses and more herbs to heal the wounds." he said.

With that he went out again and rode off into the forest where he soon found two fine examples and some healing herbs.

He returned quickly with the mounts and the produce and handed the latter over to Mari. Nearby the entrance of the cave he found a couple of slim branches which he constructed a travois to carry Acally on.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 04-03-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #567
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"SIS!!!! NAUTY!!! NICRO!!!" screamed Sas into the cave he heard his echo in the cave below. "Well, I guess I'll just have to go down there myself." Sas muttered to himself. "Mari? I'm going to look for the others below, okay?" Sas said to a busy Mari. With that, he went over to the tunnel entrance, and waited for Mari to reply.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #568
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

tolkienfan followed Sas into the cave. She hoped those below hadn't run into trouble.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #569
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Ah,TF. Good to have some company! How'd you fair in the battle? Got 43 myself!"
Sas sheethed his hammer and drew his X09528 and turned it into a spear. "Be prepared. I don't know if there are wargs in this cave that have woken up due to the sounds of battle."

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Last edited by The Sasquatch of Fangorn : 04-06-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #570
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

"I feel I fared well, luckily I recieved no injuries. I didn't count how many, but it was far fewer than 33." said tf, drawing her sword.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #571
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The travois was soon finished and Sir GW hitched it up behind one of the horses.

(OCC: sorry about my slipup concerning the Cave and the forest, I have edited my former post to align with Mari's whereabouts.)

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 04-03-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #572
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

As they hitched the travois to the horses, Anicetos gave a relieved squeak. Acally had opened her eyes. She gave a hiss of pain and let loose a few curses.
"Where is everyone?" she mumbled. Her hand went to her side where the massive wound was.
"Oh thank God you're awake!" Mari said. "They're in the cave. At least, I think most of them are," She turned to GW. "Let's get her back to the cave," GW inclined his head.
"Alright,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #573
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

*Katt strode into the cave wide-eyed.*

"Oh my Odin, what happened? I was nursing a hangover and by the time I tracked you down there were bodies all over."
She walked to the nearest invalid and put her hands over a gash in his leg.
"There, it's been sterilized and closed up, but it will take some time to heal."
Just then Mari and GW carried Acally into the cave. "Are there any healers in the cave?"
"Uh oh, she has a concussion," said Katt immediatly. "Here, let me help."
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #574
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

Sas looked around warily. He was just waiting for something to jump out at him and TF. "It seems like forever since we left the teacup, doesn't it?"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #575
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

In the cave below, Sis had tethered the horses to an outhrust rock near the cave entrance. She spoke in whispers, not really knowing why. "What I'm looking for, Naughty, is a type of lichen...well, a botanist would know better, lichen, for our purposes. It grows in the area where freshwater meets the air, but needs a certain amount of gold to flourish. I've only heard of it in a few dwarf areas...I know they have it in Moria. The dwarves control most of the supply, of course. But this should be just the right kind of place, except this beach isn't properly rock, so no lichen. If there is any, it would be further back, but the cave curves, so I can't see it. It's supposed to be connected to some kind of bioluminescence, but that might be a rumour. I don't even know if that's the lichen itself, or some attendent phenomenon. I've never seen it fresh." she concluded, rather sadly. This just wasn't seeming like the bright game it had sounded like, safe in The Teacup.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #576
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

While Sas was walking he came upon the tunnel entrance. "Well here we go!" he said to TF as he jumped down the tunnel. Sas landed, shortly afterward in a small room where he could see Sis, Nauty, Nicro and a redheaded girl standing around. "Is there a party?" he said, brushing himself off.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #577
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

GW and Mari laid Acally yet again on a comfortable piece of plaid in dry spot in the upper cave. Mari put a fresh poultace on the wound.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #578
Mari
Elf Lady

"Katt, you can heal people? Great! Can you clean and close the wounds as well, or do I still need to clean and stitch Acally up? Please take a look at her and tell me what you think, while I take a look at Anicetos and make sure Aeran will stay asleep for a little while longer."

Glad that she had someone to help her, Mari busied herself with her other patients while Katt took care of Acally. Aeran was still sound asleep, but she gave him another sleeping drink nonetheless and redressed his wounds. Anicetos at first wouldn't let her take a look at him, but bribing him with hazelnuts worked well enough. He was just fine apart from a few minor scratches and bruises that where easily cleaned though.

Working from across the cave, Mari continued talking to Acally, for she was curious about what had happened. "Acally, do you know what caused that wound of yours? It is awfully ragged and doesn't seem to have come from an ordinary sword. Was there something out there, other then the orcs?"

While waiting for the answer and Katt's assessment of Acally's condition, Mari started doing other necessary tasks. Bandages needed to be cooked out and some new ointments had to be made out of herbs. She could also use some restocking of some of her herbs, but none of those were hard to find.
"Sir GW, would you be so kind as to go out and look for these herbs?" With that, she handed him a small book with pictures of herbs, the ones she wanted circled with pencil. She came a little closer to GW and whispered: "And while you are out, will you please take a close look around the place where we found Acally? Please tell me if you find something... out of the ordinary." With a louder voice she continued. "Please don't lose my herb-book, it took me quite some time to draw it."

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 04-04-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: I forgot something *sheepish look*
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #579
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Of course, dear Mari!" said Sir GW and then whispered."That special thing will be returned to its rightful owner."

Then he went out in the forest and looked for suitable herbs and went back to the place where Acally had been found. Soon He found something lying glittering in the thick grass. He picked it up and wrapped it in a handkerchief.

Then he returned to the cave and handed Mari the gathered herbs, the book and the precious thing wrapped in the handkerchief.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 04-04-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #580
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"Man!" said Sas as he realized the he was just looking below him in a hole in the floor. "Here we go agian!" Sas jumped/fell through the hole and landed right next to sis. "As I said before, where is the party?"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,