Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2002, 02:40 PM   #401
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

burger king have done veggie burgers for agggeess. they call them spicy bean burgers though.

azalea - dark chocloate isnt vegan! its made with sour cream! and cream comes from a cow.

you know i read somewhere that cows dont actually produce milk all the time. its like female humans, only when a baby is born. except they force the cows to have kids and then the milking machines makes it carry on producing milk.

But im not entirely sure of the integrity of that.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #402
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Erawyn
yes, also being kept in stalls where they can't turn around, being injected with vast amounts of hormones, and being fed food filled with other animal parts from which they then get mad cow disease....
Yes, there is also that. Which is why I'm became vegetarian in the first place. However, that type of farming doesn't generally happen in New Zealand, where I come from, so I thought I'd just point out an alternative argument - I'm like that.
Old 07-28-2002, 06:55 PM   #403
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Yah i think its a big problem in canada and the states though!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 09:09 PM   #404
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryIcecream

azalea - dark chocloate isnt vegan! its made with sour cream! and cream comes from a cow.

you know i read somewhere that cows dont actually produce milk all the time. its like female humans, only when a baby is born. except they force the cows to have kids and then the milking machines makes it carry on producing milk.

But im not entirely sure of the integrity of that.
Well, I think there is a type of Hershey bar that doesn't use milk. Believe me, he's VERY into it, he knows every ingredient of everything it seems.

You're absolutely right about the cows -- that is very sad and really I wish it wasn't like that. I used to buy "free-range" milk from a farm that didn't use those methods, but I moved away and we have nothing like that here.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:15 PM   #405
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Now I'm beginning to consider not having milk. What about free range eggs? I hate Burger King - they gave my sister food poisoning. I thinks its horrible that people use hormones and antibiotics on animals to make them grow faster. Especially since bateria are getting resistant to antibiotics. Another good reason to become vegetarian.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:30 AM   #406
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I dont personally eat eggs but i dont know why. free range is better than normal eggs obviously but theyre still kept in a pen and fed bad food etc...

i suppose im getting towards vegan. i dont eat eggs, milk or cheese unless they are IN something else. like i dont eat plain cheese or cheese sandwichs. but ill eat pizza (wrong i know). i dont drink any milk though. only if its in somehting like chcolate or crisps. while thinking of animals health you have to think of your own as well.

Old 07-29-2002, 02:16 PM   #407
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Animals are there to be eaten.

So are people.

What's the problem?

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 05:12 PM   #408
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
Animals are there to be eaten.

So are people.

What's the problem?
They taste funny, you absolutist.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:49 PM   #409
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I haven't tried humans before. The funeral parlor keeps putting preservatives before I get the chance.

I've tried century egs (called hundred year old eggs in other countries), frogs legs, snails, beetles, grasshoppers, duck embryos, iguana, etc. They're all brain dead when I eat so I consider them vegetables when I chomp down...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 02:41 AM   #410
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Live beetles are pretty good. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 05:43 AM   #411
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
I haven't tried humans before. The funeral parlor keeps putting preservatives before I get the chance.

I've tried century egs (called hundred year old eggs in other countries), frogs legs, snails, beetles, grasshoppers, duck embryos, iguana, etc. They're all brain dead when I eat so I consider them vegetables when I chomp down...

i think im going to be sick.

Old 07-30-2002, 10:35 AM   #412
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

They taste funny, you absolutist.
You taste funny?

Take off the clown mask

But bacon... mmmmmmm. It doesn't taste funny.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Old 07-30-2002, 01:32 PM   #413
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Strawberry:
youll be a lot healthy.
I'm not really that worried about my health.
Quote:
Continues:
the sticky glue like substance in your arterys which is slowly hardening and hardening until it blocks your blood supply. The youll suffer a horrible painful heart attack, never see your children, parents, or friends again. all because you wanted that juicy fat covered hamburger.
Slippery slope argument. Oh, and comparing years and years of tastebud tantalization to a couple of seconds of pain? Come on! Besides, I don't have, and am not planning on having, children, I have no friends, and who really cares about parents anyway? Not me, at least.
Quote:
Continues:
Got a dog?
a cat?
a pet of any sort?
just think, its mother could be in a korean sjope inside out. yum.
I have dog. I don't have any "feelings" for it, though.
Quote:
Continues:
If all else fails, why wouldnt you want to join a wonderful society liek ours?
were all lovely?
Lovely? In what way? Do you taste nice?
Quote:
Azalea:
Okay, Anduril -- I dare you to go a month without eating any meat.
Why? I want to know why I shouldn't eat meat. Why shouldn't I eat meat for a month.
Quote:
BoP:
Anduril: quit winding up the veggies, I know you couldn't live without McDs supersize combos.
Actually, I haven't consumed McDs in about two months. Straaaaaange.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 02:58 PM   #414
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
I want to know why I shouldn't eat meat. Why shouldn't I eat meat for a month.
Because I dare you. I double dare you.

C'mon, just admit you don't have the guts to do it!

I'll take my challenge even further -- I dare ANY meat eater to go one month without eating meat. Any takers that live up to the challenge will get a free moot-hug from all of us veggies, even the cute ones.

Last edited by azalea : 07-30-2002 at 03:01 PM.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:25 PM   #415
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Sorry, but I've decided that it's more important for me to be who I am rather than acting how other people want me to.

Even if they double dog dare me.

I've lived for weeks with nothing but minimal rations, the only meat available was bugs and the occasional unlucky snake. And lots of water.

So even if I got hugs from lots of cute vegetables, I don't think it would be worth the bother to do something for a month, just because someone dared me to.

Old 07-30-2002, 03:29 PM   #416
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Fine, you double-dare me. Still, what is the point? To prove that I have guts? Willpower?

There are plenty other things I could test myself with. Why should it be an abstanation from meat consumption?

I still find myself wondering: why should I not eat meat, other than to prove that I have willpower?

Oh, and by the way, I've already recieved a bit more than a "free moot-hug" from a 'mooter...
Old 07-30-2002, 03:47 PM   #417
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Um, also, who are the cute ones again?
Old 07-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #418
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

i have lost all recognition of where this thread is heading. Cute vegetables? what?

oh dear goodness. You make it sounds as if were hippies who hug trees. we dont like the taste of meat. were just saying you cant really criticise us without having been there youself. its a lot of hard work. Well thats what im saying anyway.

Old 07-30-2002, 05:47 PM   #419
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Apart from the moral reasons that we choose to not eat meat, another reason that I'm vegetarian, is because my diet is forced to be more inventive and imaginative than it might otherwise have been if I had remained a meat eater. Honestly, try eating just baked beans for a month - or my mothers cooking. *shudder*

Another reason: agriculture is bad for the environment. All that cow fart is producing methane - New Zealand can almost compete with LA for pollution, and not because of industrialism!

But, since I don't care about "converting" people to vegetarianism - it *is* a personal choice afterall - it hardly matters does it? But you did ask...

Btw: what's wrong with hugging trees?
Old 07-30-2002, 05:56 PM   #420
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

The cute ones. Who?