Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #21
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytla
I got totally hooked from the very first page of Lotr. And when finished reading I started all over again the very same night. Couldn't accept it was over ( and it wasn't, there were other books )

Holbytla
Me, too. I picked up the Ace edition in a bookstore in Fort Worth when I was 16. Didn't want to waste money on the other two until I saw whether I liked it. That was Saturday. I was waiting at the door of the store when it opened Monday morning.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:12 PM   #22
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I don't think there was one moment that I fell in love with LotR, but it was definetly before I finished the book for the first time, because the first thing I did when I finished was start right back at the beginning, lol. The second thing I did was put it on my wish list for my birthday, despite the fact that I'd already read it, and I NEVER buy stuff I've already read... or at least didn't at the time.

But yeah, the depth, the beauty, the nature, the languages, the races... everthing in ME appeals to me. (except maybe the portrayal of dragons and werewolves...)

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 AM   #23
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

All of it! I can't pick one part of all that greatness! I don't know where in the book I was hooked, but somewhere in LoTR. maybe from the beginning.
all of the books are magnificent, in their own way.

the reason is it's complexity, the languages, characters, places.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:28 PM   #24
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
I know Tolkien had created a relm of middle earth but the idea of it has been around for centuries is there something you don't like about it?
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Lostyia Delr-Padroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #25
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostyia Delr-Padroot
I know Tolkien had created a relm of middle earth but the idea of it has been around for centuries is there something you don't like about it?
the books (all of them) are too short

i want more
Old 01-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #26
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
the books (all of them) are too short

i want more
Yep. That's by far the biggest problem. When I finished LotR I went "That's it!?"

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:39 PM   #27
Manveru
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethuiliel
Yep. That's by far the biggest problem. When I finished LotR I went "That's it!?"
ya and then i looked at the back of my fellowship book and noticed how many other books there were
Where the shores are sheer and dim
He launched his bark like a silver spark
From the last and lonely sand;
Then on sunlit breath of day's fiery death
He sailed from Westerland
Manveru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:47 AM   #28
Ezora
Hobbit

favourite...

My favourite part of Middle Earth would be the people and their cultures and how different they are, but still, they work together, that or the landscape, it sounds perfect! Lorien and its golden woods, Rivendell and the elves the mines of Moria, Minus Tirith and even Morder and Minus Morgul, theres is just something about the whole earth...
lets take it and get out of here, it smells terrible!!!
Legolas:
Ok, now to put my luggage on...
(Legolas puts 10 full backs on the back of the horse)
Gimli:
where am I going to fit! Aragorn said only to take important stuff!
Legolas:
But this stuff is important, These three bags have my manicure things, and these five bags have things for my hair, and these one and a half bags have my perfume and the last half a bag has my food!
Gimli:
Elves.
Ezora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #29
Lenya
Elentári

What makes ME so extraordinary is the beauty in it. I love the way Tolkien describes things, places, poeple and ME is in general (excluding the evil places) a rather beautiful place. Even Mirkwood is in its own way stunning. That is why no other fantasy book is likely to match Tolkien's - they seem empty and boring compared to his beautiful works.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #30
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I want to go to Middle Earth, so badly. I just want to go there and chill for a while, like chill in the Shire at Bag End, or hang out at Rivendell reading all the books, or go camping in Ithilien. If only I could really go there...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #31
Lenya
Elentári

Yeah, I vote for Ithilien. I'd like to help you out Lotesse - I know just how you feel. Let me know if you've find any way.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote