Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Elspeth has gotten over the shock of the talking animal. After she had tried to explain to Anahera why it had been a shock and failing she had given up being shocked!
The group had been traveling for a while now and the pace of slowing down. The
traveling was making Elspeth sore while Anahera was happy to be moving again. To her moving and traveling ment going places, and she hoped that place was some to be home.
feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Lur and Lantie were enjoying the way the breeze felt as they hiked with Indigo. Although they might have felt overwhelmed by all the new things they found (beds, they had taken to happily; nightclothes were not quite so joyously received), they instead kept their eyes open. You never know what you might find, they discovered.

When the sun (which was a source of wonder to the twins, who were familiar with the patterns of the stars, but were unused to seeing them so clearly due to the thick cloudy atmosphere of Perelandra) was high overhead, they stopped at the insistence of Indigo for a midday meal, although the twins were used to simply eating as they got hungry. However, the spot he chose was a nice one - a small creek meandered by a grove of shady trees.

The twins watched as he spread a blanket on the ground, then carefully unpacked some provisions. As they did so, the learned what the word "picnic" means. Lur laughed.

"Dear Indigo! In our land, we eat this way all the time. We do not have a cover over the ground, but we do eat outdoors under the sky and the trees for every meal." Lantie smiled, remembering the fruits of Perelandra, and then she felt the peace of Maleldil settle over them once again as they fell to with Indigo.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"I assume it never rains at inopportune moments in your country for you to eat under sky and trees all the time," Indigo said good-naturedly as he slathered some butter on the delicious bread mistress Rosian had provided them with.

"But the cover is mostly to keep the sand out of the bread, and the ants out of the butter! They have no sense of waiting their turn, those insects!"

"And I dare say you wouldn't find such tasty things as these growing on trees, even in Perelandra!" He added as he cut a few slices off the nut-and-honey cake and handed them to the twins for a taste.

Not far from their resting place the road meandered on in the sun and occasionally other travellers passed them by. Indigo felt quite content, this was how travelling should be! With good weather, interesting companions and full provision sacks! He wondered whether he could introduce the twins to the concept of afternoon naps after the meal.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote