Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
ecto2002
Sapling

Gimli Greetings fellow Mooters :)

Heres a story of the top of my head feel free to add your own ending - plot twists etc to it - I'm not sure what to add to it ...

Ondin was a small village about a half days march west from the large seaport town of Brimlor. It was at a crossroads deep in the Forest of Vanmar. The Crystal Dragon Inn was a pleasant stop for travelers moving east-west between Vanlarna (the largest city in all of Ectar and a six months journey from Ondin) Occasionally a traveler from the northern tribes who lived in frozen lands in the north would arrive and tell a strange tale... or a Rogue from the deserts in the south would cause a stir for a few days. But these events were the exception rather than the rule.

A warm spring breeze promised a pleasant night. Thar smiled (both at the weather and the knowledge that such a night would be good for business) The dwarf lingered on the front steps for a minute then turned and went inside.

The small town was just within sight. A warm glimmer could mean an Inn or a large house but the poison was working too quickly on the elfs weakened body and it was still at least a six hour journey to the seaport Brimlor. Alyn knew he would be dead before then but he also knew that he must not give up. He moved on as quick as his feet would carry him.

Verondin sat wearily sipping his ale by the fire contemplating the beginning of a new life. It was strangely peaceful here - much different from the harsh desert. Across from him sitting on a stool carved from red oak sat small figure wrapped in a silver cloak.

The quiet of the growing night was interrupted suddenly as a figure cloaked in dark grey stumbled through the doorway and fell too the floor in pain uttering a single word -Flyntar- Alyn was dead. In his hand he clutched a letter bound with silver strings and sealed with a bright red seal.

When Thar heard the noise from the cellar where he was arranging casks of ale he hurried upstairs to find the body of the dead elf. Verondin was also standing nearby and the figure in silver approached - obviously an elven cleric from the runes on her staff.

Thar examined the sealed letter ..........

well thats all I can think of - feel free to add to this tale wave
ecto2002 is offline   Reply With Quote