Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2002, 10:51 AM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

I am aware, actually, that those sites were biased. However, they were the only ones I could find at the time, that mentioned anything about the Security Council ruling. It took me about 2 hours to find the actual ruling. I did not mean them to be a joke, nor am I anti-american.... which I have stated at least twice.

As I said earlier, I am backing down from this issue. Please stop trying to incite me into anger with accusations of ignorance, or patronise me for not knowing one sided reporting when I see it.... All I wanted from those sites was the information about the ruling... Which I couldn't find anywhere else.
I didn't say you were anti-America. But the sites definitely were one sided. It's like someone that's trying to support their views that blacks or other ethnic races are inferior to whites and using KKK proganda sites to prove it. All anyone has to do is look at the main page of any of those sites to see how they're one sided. The biggest joke was the ShiaNews.com one. That one indicated that we have all these demonstrations condemning Israel. Sorry - but that's a blatant lie - yes we currently have demonstrations - BUT SUPPORT IS STRONG FOR BOTH SIDES.

Also, no where in the Nicaraguan ruling was it stated that the US was being charged with International Terrorism. As I said before - it makes sense you wouldn't be able to find anything on the UN ruling on a standard news site. It occurred in 1986 - about 5 years before the Web (the net has been around a lot longer - since the 60's). Of course the sites you've posted would have that "information" - they lean very very anti-American. Those sites perpetuate misinformation - plain and simple.

By the way - I'm not attacking you - I'm attacking those sites. With the information I've provided and you've provided, everyone reading this thread can now make their own judgements concerning the US. They can determine if the US was actually charged and convicted of International Terrorism as you claim by the UN.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote