Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2000, 08:31 PM   #1
Darth Tater

I'm worried

I just read a review of the scripts and it has me worried. Sure, it was a review from when there were only two, but I'm still nervous. Don't quote me on this, but there's a great possibility that Lothlorien will be cut. Also, Arwen has a huge role and Eowyn completely replaces Eomer. The worst thing is the relationship between Legolas and Gimli is humorous, not the wonderful thing it is in the text. None of these things, at least from what I've read, look like they'll be changed for the 3 script version either. Gandalf was written as a bit of a wimp, but it looks like that will be somewhat fixed. Also, Boromirs roal is way to small, but that'll probably be better in the new scripts too. PJ seems willing to take up the time that he cut important stuff from with new stuff. He adds Saruman in where he never was before, and I just can't see this as a good thing. I'm hoping in the new scripts it's a little better, but right now my suggestion is not to keep your hopes up.