Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #11
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
That pretty much sums up alll of your arguments.
You obviously have a hard time seperating arguements from examples.

I use metaphor not because it proves a point, but because it helps to visualize how things may work.

Quote:
Have you ever seen just one of anything? The opposite of what you say is true. If there is one, the circumstances that allow its existence would certainly allow for more than one.
I am not intent on coinvincing you that circumstances which could produce or allow one more more gods do, in fact, exist. You must realize that nothing which is 'allowed' to exist or 'produced', I.E, 'Created' fits my defenition of God. I'm talking about something that exists It its Own Right and which would go on existing no matter what. IT is not subject to circumstances but rather the wellspring from which all circumstances flow.

Elvellon: You have some very interesting thoughts. But I must leave it at that for the moment...

Quote:
Simplist explanation doesn't necessarily mean the correct explanation
My Friend, I ask you one question:

Going with my defenition of 'god' as any self existant entity (having no dependance on anything else), can you reasonably believe that there are more than one entity which exists In Its Own Right? That is, can you surmise that two entities could possibly exist and have no relation with eachother beyond that fact? I cannot. Therefore, by 'simple' I mean 'possible to imagine'.

Quote:
How do you explain those anomalies in space then? Those particles that seemingly mutate without any external energy/force acting up them?
I could explain it:
a) God causes these changes directly.
b)they are the result of some law of their existance, which we do not yet understand.

You decide which is more likely.

Quote:
How do you explain the fact that nature, science and its effects are visible all around us, affect us every second, and for that matter, ARE us, while a Creator is nowhere perceptible and has left no legacy to prove its existence?
I would love to... however there are problems, as I mentioned. I hope you don't mind waiting until tomorrow for me to explain... I have to be gone.