Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #11
Twilight
Elven Warrior

Yes, I do believe that the good will always outweigh the bad. I take my own life as an example of that. I was raised in a practising Christian family, but we were a disfunctional family. We all had serious problems with depression, and we all didn't get along. None of us had any kind of social life, so we were all trapped in the same house together. We decided to take our problems out on each other. I came home for spring break, and there were times when I was very much afraid for my physical safety. The depression has lasted so long that I didn't know anything else. I am slowly being able to see beyond that. I constanly wonder why God put me in a family like that. Why did so many bad things happen to me during my childhood. Why was I forced to live this pitiful existance. I still have problems ocaisionally, but I have been getting over them. The biggest thing is why was that horrble past allowed to happen because no person should have to go through what I did. I survived through it. I may be scared for life as a result, but I survived sane (relatively speaking) and with my faith intact. I have found that my experiences with depression now allow me to help others because I have faced so many differant bad things that I usually have something in common with a person that is having a problem. I have helped several people to get over their depression. My bad experience is now being used to help others, and I can see the abundant good that is coming from it.

Sometimes you have to look really hard, and other times it is beyond our grasp and we have to use faith to believe that something good has come from a situation.