Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2002, 06:56 PM   #23
Earenya
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Ah well I guess I'm a bit different then I like a fair number of musicals and stuff (although must admit worst I've been to see was Cats - now THAT was rubbish. 1 good song and the story just stops rather than ends, so you walk out going 'eh? Is that it?'
I agree, Gerbil. I had looked forward to seeing it for so long, and I was greatly disappointed with it.

I thought 'In the Bedroom' was an excellent film. Full of syllogism (the lobster trap, lobsters, the bandaid/wound on finger). The acting was excellent as was direction. It made you think, left you satisfied but not "knowing how it all turns out".

Of course my vote for best picture is LotR, but they are so different in scope. LotR is dramatic, epic, brilliantly scored and is an adaptation of a story I already love. I know that 'A Beautiful Mind' is up as the major competition this year, but in all truth, it left me cold. (Of course I didnt adore Gladiator, so who knows).
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote